What's new

Abdul-Rahman al-Sumait (ra) - one of the greatest humanitarians of the 20th century

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
In light of the recent ebola outbreak in Western Africa and in general all the problems in Sub-Saharan Africa that sometimes or even often make our ME region look like a picnic trip and others I thought about making a thread about one of the greatest humanitarians of the 20th century and a talented doctor and Islamic scholar.

His name was Abdul-Rahman al-Sumait and he was Kuwaiti. He unfortunately died last year in August.

He was also famous for his Dawah.

I can warmly recommend the documentary.

@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Bubblegum Crisis @Yzd Khalifa @Full Moon @Hadbani @Tihamah @BLACKEAGLE @Awadd @Altamimi @Rakan.SA @Halimi @ebray @Ahmed Jo @Hazzy997 @Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @agentny17 @Dino R. @Andalusi Knight @Mootaz-khelifi @Tunisian Marine Corps @islamrules @Belew_Kelew @Aeronaut @WebMaster @Chak Bamu @Jungibaaz @Oscar @Emmie @Manticore @Chinese-Dragon @BATMAN @chauvunist @Irfan Baloch @Peaceful Civilian @revolutionary mujahid @waz @rockstar08 @Aether @Al Bhatti @American Pakistani @Arabi @Aslan @Armstrong @Chai @1000 @ChineseTiger1986 @darkinsky @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox @Devil Soul @Desertfalcon @Dino @farag @fawwaxs @genmirajborgza786 @Hu Songshan @hussain0216 @Imran Khan @Indos @Wahhab2701 @Indus Falcon @JonAsad @levina @Cherokee @Dillinger @Major Sam @Malghani @Malik Abdullah @Mugwop @Nihonjin1051 @Pakistanisage @Proudpakistaniguy @KingMamba @PWFI @Psycho Pakistani @ResurgentIran @RAMPAGE @Hussein @Ravi Nair @Riea @RFS_Br @Slav Defence @Spring Onion @United @VCheng @VelocuR @Zarvan @Wholegrain @dexter @HAIDER @airmarshal @AUz @Akheilos
etc.

Last edited:
A shame that nobody seems to be interested considering what a great man he was and how much he did. Most people and their actions are not even worth the toenails of this great human being.

He seems like a great philanthropist, no doubt. The first video link is perhaps too long to watch. Are there any written links to his works that can be read?

He seems like a great philanthropist, no doubt. The first video link is perhaps too long to watch. Are there any written links to his works that can be read?

Sadly he is not even well-known in the Arab world. People don't seem to be able to respect great people anymore as once was the case.

There is not much data about him in English. The documentary is the best there is in English. Rest is in Arabic and I do not think that posting that information here will help many outside those that can speak/read Arabic here.

Here are a few articles/links though:

Dr Abdul Rahman Al-Sumait: A Legendary Productive Muslim - Productive Muslim

Direct Aid – Dr. Abdul Rahman Hamoud Al Sumait

Dr. Abdul Rahman Al-Sumait: An icon of humanitarian work | Opinion | Saudi Gazette

Al-Sumait mourned by hundreds

Anyway I can highly recommend that documentary. 48 minutes is not long!

People like him should be a source of inspiration not the people who make a mockery out of Islam in our region. Men like him are few in between and if they are some of them look after fame which he never did hence most people not even knowing who he was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom