What's new

The unification of the Arabian Peninsula?

Off topic but where did you get this picture? It looks cool.
gb3e2.jpg

I will wholeheartedly support the notion of unification of GCC ONLY IF the decision making power (economic + social) will go to the Emirates :)

Off topic but where did you get this picture? It looks cool.

From this thread;

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 38

Don't recall if I posted it initially or another user. In any case you can google the image.

I will wholeheartedly support the notion of unification of GCC ONLY IF the decision making power (economic + social) will go to the Emirates :)

In a federal state, which it would most likely be would a unification take place, the power would switch hands in a similar manner to how it does in the EU. Besides we can't talk about the quality of future imaginary leaders.

BTW, it's not the GCC. It's the unification of the Arabian Peninsula as a whole

Last edited:
In a federal state, which it would most likely be would a unification take place, the power would switch hands in a similar manner to how it does in the EU. Besides we can't talk about the quality of future imaginary leaders.

BTW, it's not the GCC. It's the unification of the Arabian Peninsula as a whole

Yup...I was just saying :)

Anyways I believe the current GCC model is working very well...seriously. GCC is very very similar to EU (barring few things).

Yemen is also included in Arabian Peninsula and in my opinion they will not be able to achieve the criteria in order to "assimilate with it's immediate neighbours"...unfortunately it is a liability to be honest.

My opinion is that unification will just sow discord and spell a disaster for the region.

Yup...I was just saying :)

Anyways I believe the current GCC model is working very well...seriously. GCC is very very similar to EU (barring few things).

Yemen is also included in Arabian Peninsula and in my opinion they will not be able to achieve the criteria in order to "assimilate with it's immediate neighbours"...unfortunately it is a liability to be honest.

My opinion is that unification will just sow discord and spell a disaster for the region.

I know.:)

True but further integration never hurts. The thing is that when we Arabs thing about it then we would be so much stronger if we united in the various regions of the Arab world. The difference between people are really almost non-existent in the wider picture. Before most of those states appeared on the map in a formal way people of Najd, Northern and Eastern KSA and Southern Iraq, Kuwait etc. for instance were identical. No difference. Same with Eastern Syria and Western Iraq. Just to name two examples.

It would be very wrong to omit Yemen. Most Arabs have a love-hate relationship when it comes to Yemen. They love Yemen for being an ancient civilization (one of the oldest) and the people mostly but at the same time they hate Yemen for the problems Yemen causes for the GCC. Many people in the GCC are of recent Yemeni origin let alone those with ancient ancestral ties to Yemen.

Yemen is strategically located with access to the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea and wider Indian Ocean. It has strategic ports and almost a landmass directly with Horn of Africa and the entire African continent. So there is tremendous potential for trade.

Let alone population here. Yemen is projected to become one of the most populous Arab states in a not so distant future.

This means;

>a greater domestic market
>attracting investors and multinational companies
>stimulating investment in knowledge
>generating more new ideas which improve productivity
>market size stimulates innovative activity
>increasing learning-by-doing due to pressures of increased production volume
>more workers
>more young people energizing the economy
>increased consumption driving manufacturing and services
>increased national savings
>a big home market that is an attractive prize for successful new products
>greater economies of scale (less cost in production per unit with increase of volume)
>an absolutely larger number of outstanding, highly effective people

All it takes is for a political solution to occur in Yemen and real stability. Easier said than done obviously. The rest will follow as Yemenis are very successful people elsewhere. Especially when it comes to trade and business. Be it the 10 million big Arab diaspora in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore (almost all exclusively of Yemeni backgrounds). Or that of East Africa, GCC or elsewhere.

It would be a crime to not help Yemen when we are tied to Yemen whether we want it or not. We can't just cut it off and let it sail for itself until it reaches Antarctica.:D So the GCC should do much more to help Yemen so it can become a success story once again like it was for millenniums when it was one of the richest civilizations! Besides we all know that Yemeni people are lovely especially the girls, lol. I should really troll the family and go to Israel and marry a rich Yemeni Jew.:lol:

A Balqees twin, the Queen of Sheba, lol.

Last edited:
I know.:)

True but further integration never hurts. The thing is that when we Arabs thing about it then we would be so much stronger if we united in the various regions of the Arab world. The difference between people are really almost non-existent in the wider picture. Before most of those states appeared on the map in a formal way people of Najd, Northern and Eastern KSA and Southern Iraq, Kuwait etc. for instance were identical. No difference. Same with Eastern Syria and Western Iraq. Just to name two examples.

It would be very wrong to omit Yemen. Most Arabs have a love-hate relationship when it comes to Yemen. They love Yemen for being an ancient civilization (one of the oldest) and the people mostly but at the same time they hate Yemen for the problems Yemen causes for the GCC. Many people in the GCC are of recent Yemeni origin let alone those with ancient ancestral ties to Yemen.

Yemen is strategically located with access to the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea and wider Indian Ocean. It has strategic ports and almost a landmass directly with Horn of Africa and the entire African continent. So there is tremendous potential for trade.

Let alone population here. Yemen is projected to become one of the most populous Arab states in a not so distant future.

This means;

>a greater domestic market
>attracting investors and multinational companies
>stimulating investment in knowledge
>generating more new ideas which improve productivity
>market size stimulates innovative activity
>increasing learning-by-doing due to pressures of increased production volume
>more workers
>more young people energizing the economy
>increased consumption driving manufacturing and services
>increased national savings
>a big home market that is an attractive prize for successful new products
>greater economies of scale (less cost in production per unit with increase of volume)
>an absolutely larger number of outstanding, highly effective people

All it takes is for a political solution to occur in Yemen and real stability. Easier said than done obviously. The rest will follow as Yemenis are very successful people elsewhere. Especially when it comes to trade and business. Be it the 10 million big Arab diaspora in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore (almost all exclusively of Yemeni backgrounds). Or that of East Africa, GCC or elsewhere.

It would be a crime to not help Yemen when we are tied to Yemen whether we want it or not. We can't just cut it off and let it sail for itself until it reaches Antarctica.:D So the GCC should do much more to help Yemen so it can become a success story once again like it was for millenniums when it was one of the richest civilizations!

I completely understand what you are on about...and I agree with 90% of the things.

There are a couple of things in which I differ from you (due to my understanding of the world)...I might be wrong though, who knows.

1) As long as people keep a certain distance from each other the respect amongst them increases (and I believe same goes for the nation states...case in point is Europe).

2) Yemen is a beauty in every aspect...just like Pakistan...but I believe it is HIGH TIME that the fcuking people and the governments of these countries start taking responsibilities...seriously. For instance I am ready to work and apply my skills in Pakistan if the people are worth it or the government is half-decent. Like show something...some sort of promise or progress which restores confidence.

Contrary to the general belief that Arab people lack opinions, diversity etc. it is my understanding, my truth states otherwise. One "Arab nation" would be a disaster. Practically and pragmatically a better solution is to make GCC and Arab League a much leaner and meaner machines.

GCC can set a requirement or criteria for membership and see what other Arab countries step up and take the membership...then they can change the term GCC altogether I suppose. Criteria/standard can be based on multiple factors like Education, Economy, Law and Order etc.

When western babies are visiting Arab sheikh castle regularly for giving them body massage and mental tips of ruling,also arch enemies of Muslims will never let it happen.Arab Peninsula is only part of world were peoples live,die,speak,eat and worship same but still there are boundaries guarded by there western masters,the only hope for reunification is rise of strong person in KSA and destruction of fake nationalism and western RCP(remotely controlled person's)let's hope

I completely understand what you are on about...and I agree with 90% of the things.

There are a couple of things in which I differ from you (due to my understanding of the world)...I might be wrong though, who knows.

1) As long as people keep a certain distance from each other the respect amongst them increases (and I believe same goes for the nation states...case in point is Europe).

2) Yemen is a beauty in every aspect...just like Pakistan...but I believe it is HIGH TIME that the fcuking people and the governments of these countries start taking responsibilities...seriously. For instance I am ready to work and apply my skills in Pakistan if the people are worth it or the government is half-decent. Like show something...some sort of promise or progress which restores confidence.

Contrary to the general belief that Arab people lack opinions, diversity etc. it is my understanding, my truth states otherwise. One "Arab nation" would be a disaster. Practically and pragmatically a better solution is to make GCC and Arab League a much leaner and meaner machines.

GCC can set a requirement or criteria for membership and see what other Arab countries step up and take the membership...then they can change the term GCC altogether I suppose. Criteria/standard can be based on multiple factors like Education, Economy, Law and Order etc.

You raise some very good points there brother. You nailed it as hard as those TV evangelists in this video. Give it a look and have a free laugh.

:lol:

You raise some very good points there brother. You nailed it as hard as those TV evangelists in this video. Give it a look and have a free laugh.

I am teary eyed....seriously...almost chocked on the kit kat I was eating...had to gulp down on arabic coffee I am having :D

I am teary eyed....seriously...almost chocked on the kit kat I was eating...had to gulp down on arabic coffee I am having :D

I crack up every time I see that video. It's so hilarious. I will use it actively on PDF whenever I encounter trolls. Drinking Arabic coffee in the middle of the day? You are not turning into an Arab are you?:lol:

I read your post as not a kit kat but a cat initially.:lol: I don't like cats.

Last edited:

I crack up every time I see that video. It's so hilarious. I will use it actively on PDF whenever I encounter trolls. Drinking Arabic coffee in the middle of the day? You are not turning into an Arab are you?:lol:

In my book of blasphemy...adding sugar or milk to the the coffee or tea is a big blasphemy...

The rest is all kosher :D

unfortunately we got a soufi version of them... i guess they report to the same devil :omghaha:

unfortunately we got a soufi version of them... i guess they report to the same devil :omghaha:

:omghaha:

As long as it is harmless and they don't bother anyone it will not bother me either. It's very good entertainment though. Haha it is like the other wants to beat his rival in acting most insane. Hillarious stuff. Absolutely hilarious.

I should give it a try just for the laughs.:lol:

50 Shades of Crazy.

This is actually nothing. I have seen much stranger and more "extreme" Sufi gatherings out there. Anyway Sufis are harmless people and the vast majority do not engage in such nonsense with all due respect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom