What's new

Abdul Qadir Gilani wins NA-151: unofficial results

PPP with all match fixing won by only 4000 votes is a big slap to PPP.

Keep in mind, there was no PML-N or PTI, so all support goes to independent candidate. When they will participate then the independent candidate's votes will divide further.. But PPP vote bank will remain same..

What happened to Pew, IRI and various other polls???? didn't they went in Multan:hitwall:

From Now on ......i hate assumptions based solely on so called Poll:bye:

In surveys, a trend is something which calls the day in the end, if you know.

and this is a great depiction of those surveys

have a look, in the by election, proxy support to Bosan was given by PTI as he used Imran Khan picture in his campaign posters, though officially no one supported him from PTI... still the aroma of Imran Khan was effecting the by election.

Bosan vote bank = Bosan + PTI vote bank

Gilani vote bank = Gilani + PPPP + PMLN + Bogus votes

On the other hand by not contesting the election against PPP, PMLN obviously supported Abdul Qadir Gilani.

Now imagine PTI playing officially against PMLN and PPP backed candidate? 4000 votes is not a big deal bacho ! :smokin:

We are coming !!

He was expected to win. And just had a lead Of 4000 votes against an independent.

In surveys, a trend is something which calls the day in the end, if you know.

and this is a great depiction of those surveys

have a look, in the by election, proxy support to Bosan was given by PTI as he used Imran Khan picture in his campaign posters, though officially no one supported him from PTI... still the aroma of Imran Khan was effecting the by election.

Bosan vote bank = Bosan + PTI vote bank

Gilani vote bank = Gilani + PPPP + PMLN + Bogus votes

On the other hand by not contesting the election against PPP, PMLN obviously supported Abdul Qadir Gilani.

Now imagine PTI playing officially against PMLN and PPP backed candidate? 4000 votes is not a big deal bacho ! :smokin:

We are coming !!

You look awesome…..with your head in sand permanantly:coffee:

Let me apprise other forum goers in detail, this seat like others in our urban/rural split comprise of voters who blindly follows personalities over issues and for here these are of Gillanis and Bosans only.

In 1997, this seat won by Sikanday Hayat Bosan on PMLN ticket, in 2002 when new constituent boundaries are drawn, again win by the same person while on PMLQ ticket and in 2008 it won by SYR Gillani with 77K Votes.

In both 2002 and 2008 the vote cast ratio of Sikandar Bosan remains around 45K, on the other hand PMLNs vote bank remains around 14-18 K on both occasion despite trying numerous candidates. PPPP increase its vote bank in 2008 only due to BB’s death from 44K to 77K.

Thus showing maturity while knowing fully of NA-151 seats voting compulsions, PMLN tries to win support of Bosan for their candidate and when it was confirmed that it might not be possible for him then she withheld a given ticket to its previous candidate Ishaq Bucha in order to conjoined both vote banks completely only in order to defeat PPP and the results shows its effects as well.

Abdul Qadir Gillani 64K (Decrease from 77K)
Shaukat Bosan 60K ( 45K Personal as usual, 15K PMLNs)

Keep in mind, there was no PML-N or PTI, so all support goes to independent candidate. When they will participate then the independent candidate's votes will divide further.. But PPP vote bank will remain same..

In India, a term is often used- Anti-incumbency . Wonder if the same applies to Pakistan elections also.

Was PTI participating in this election ? If not, please do tell us why.

PTI boycotted this election (with no sane reason except usual Khan's sutbborness) but the winner of this constituency in 1997 and 2002 while runner up of 2008 the Sikandar Hayat Bosan joined PTI recently. He stands and support fully his younger brother Shaukat Bosan as an independent candidat, who runner up in this election with 60K votes.

For more details, see my above post no. 34.

Thanks God i left such a hopeless country full of idiots..
Rot in loadshedding and keep paying the outlandish bills.
And yes....dont forget to vote for same theives over and over again...
So that your next generations live in stone ages...

The Britishers was more honest than todays Pakistnai politicians as they were foreingers and openly ruling us unlike curent politicians who are hiding behind their other nationalities and ruling us as if they are the most nationalistic and patriot from among the 180+ million and are the only ones who deserve to lead the nation.

If this will continue in the next election I wish I get a second passport and i will make sure that i burn my Pakistani Passport and make a video of it and post it on the youtube, as a gift to all our nation loving politicians and the people who vote for them.

If a dual nationality holder sits in the parliament next time why dont we pakistanis living outside do our part and make a show of protest by burning our Pakistani passports in front of the consulate or embassy and call the non-professional pakistani media to cover the event to be shown to the people in the parliament.

We can later get new passports but at least a message will be given to those kafirs (sorry peers) and non educated (sorry educated) people in the parliament. I will be the first one to do so if this plan is acceptable and is organized.

Jahil ka jahil raha ga Pakistan. Huma bus do he kaam atta hain, bacha payda kerna (chaia roti na ho dena ka liya) or corrupt logon ko vote dena or baad main us per wain kerna. We as a nation have no future.

there is a hadith i dont remember the wordings exactly but it means something that a muslim is not bitten from the same hole twice, and we have been bitten more than 10 times.

Are we still muslims?

You look awesome…..with your head in sand permanantly:coffee:

Let me apprise other forum goers in detail, this seat like others in our urban/rural split comprise of voters who blindly follows personalities over issues and for here these are of Gillanis and Bosans only.

In 1997, this seat won by Sikanday Hayat Bosan on PMLN ticket, in 2002 when new constituent boundaries are drawn, again win by the same person while on PMLQ ticket and in 2008 it won by SYR Gillani with 77K Votes.

In both 2002 and 2008 the vote cast ratio of Sikandar Bosan remains around 45K, on the other hand PMLNs vote bank remains around 14-18 K on both occasion despite trying numerous candidates. PPPP increase its vote bank in 2008 only due to BB’s death from 44K to 77K.

Thus showing maturity while knowing fully of NA-151 seats voting compulsions, PMLN tries to win support of Bosan for their candidate and when it was confirmed that it might not be possible for him then she withheld a given ticket to its previous candidate Ishaq Bucha in order to conjoined both vote banks completely only in order to defeat PPP and the results shows its effects as well.

Abdul Qadir Gillani 64K (Decrease from 77K)
Shaukat Bosan 60K ( 45K Personal as usual, 15K PMLNs)

AyPTSbQCQAAth7b.jpg

AyPTIKJCEAAUhF4.jpg

Probably you missed the fact that since 97 to this day vote bank has changed alot, there was no PTI to begin with in 2008 now its a viable force,

pull out your head from sand, you will die suffocating :D

AyPTSbQCQAAth7b.jpg

AyPTIKJCEAAUhF4.jpg

Probably you missed the fact that since 97 to this day vote bank has changed alot, there was no PTI to begin with in 2008 now its a viable force,

Yes Indeed…I already stated your kind (Typical politically blind PTI supporter) of response in my post number 5, Re-read it and enjoy:rofl::rofl:

AyPTSbQCQAAth7b.jpg

AyPTIKJCEAAUhF4.jpg

That explain your knowledge about Politics. You missed some major facts of Pakistan Politics...

1) PML-N voter will never vote for PPP, but they can go for any others.. Tameem has explained very well but you are blind and a liar so will never accept.

2) in 1997, PTI was 3 largest party in terms of votes, so saying there was no PTI in 2008 is real stupidity.

In India, a term is often used- Anti-incumbency . Wonder if the same applies to Pakistan elections also.

I wish that become possible for pakistan as well.. It will help alot to bring vote casting upto 90%

People CALMMMMM DOWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Look at the election results, they were dead close. Qadir Gillani was able to win with only a lead of 4000 votes, compare that to previous elections where the Gillanis would take Multan by a huge margin. Multan is there hometown, this is where traditionally they get their power from. It was expected that they would win but nobody expected the election result to be this close.

Keep in mind that no candidates from PTI or PML-N took part in the by-election. From my personal point of view, this by election is a complete blow up on the face of PPP. This is a seat the Gillanis used to win with ease, but in this by election without any real competition they had a tough time winning. An independent was able to get this close to Qadir Gillani, i am sure the PPP Central Planning Committee would be rubbing their heads right now. In my opinion, this is great news.
PTI And PML N can' t face PPP.
PPP is the national party.
Only party which also loves minorities and gave sacrifices for the betterment of the people and for minority rights.
After Martial law of Supreme court which is mostly PMLN party, PPP is now much strong.
In next election, You will see that PPP will go in election with huge confidence and Bilawal bhutto is the Next prime minister.
I don't like zardari as President, but Pakistan is safe under PPP because it represents whole nation.
Imran khan is Taliban sympathizer and lover of Bloch militant .
PMLN represents only half of Punjab.
Pakistan is not safe under the leadership of PTI and PMLN.
It is better to Vote for PMLNQ. Then ppp is next choice.

Has anyone went to Multan? or visited Gillani's constituency? All the people calling Pakistani awam Jahil should STFU if they don;t know the ground realities.... Gillani has spend some hefty amount (x billion) on multan for development projects especially in his constituency. Roads are build properly, water pipes laid, new electricity connections etc etc... That's why people gave vote to GILLANI and that's the hard reality that Politician throws a bone to general populace, our public settles for bone and favors back by giving as a token of gratitude to them

as they say, A known devil is better than unknown one and since PPP devil did "some" projects even after eating public funds nothing can be said about the Non-PPP opponent if he will ever spend on development projects

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom