What's new

Abdul Qadir Gilani wins NA-151: unofficial results

You guys are saying as if King Musharraf was sitting on a thrown and stepped aside and asked Zardari to take the place. HOW LAUGHABLE!
PPP had no chance to win the 2002 elections but was still the largest party in that election. In 2008 PPP had a much better chance, because now PPP was to be allowed its due share. You can go all the way back to the 1970 elections and will see that PPP has been either the highest/2nd highest vote getter and/or the highest/2nd highest seat getter.
All Musharraf did was to allow an exception by implementing the NRO to migrate to a democratic setup. Of the 8000+ NRO beneficiaries less than a hundred are politicians! Zardari is only one of them. NRO only allowed a few PPP people to contest in elections without being in prison. And don't forget some of the stalwarts from the PMNL (I think Humayyun Saifullah Khan?) has admitted that NS instituted a lot of fake cases against PPP.

Zardari faced prison for 11 years on charges which are, too this day, unproven. NRO or not PPP was destined to win the 2008 elections, especially after the military had decided to sideline PMLN.

So please educate yourself. Perhaps you are not old enough like me--who has seen from 1970 through the 2008 elections--to understand Pakistani politics. But then Google is not far away.

Correction - BB and Zardari were actually convicted by swiss courts on charges of money laundering. They had appealed to the courts to review the decision before Musharaff withdrew the case!

It's not a big deal for Gilani's son to win an ancestral seat while the central govt. is still of PPP. However, the low margin of victory should be worrisome to PPP.
And let's not call people 'brain washed' etc. That is undemocratic. True, higher educational level will lead to better candidate but people just don't vote because some 'peer' tell his 'mureeds'; Gilani clan is not the only peer-clan in south Punjab. Respect people's choice. Now and always.

PS. BTW, the 64,000 votes for Gilani's son is probably 5 times the total number of all Pakistani bloggers in all internet sites across the world.

too late.. go back to Tameem's post to debunk your assumption "Ancestral Seat"

I disagree with many points out of 50 points posted by Batmannow, but still ok.. I feel dictatorship is good since people know this guy will remain on top, so they remain one. by hock or by crock. Good or bad, policies remain intact.. and there are less corruption because of less people on the top.

Correction - BB and Zardari were actually convicted by swiss courts on charges of money laundering. They had appealed to the courts to review the decision before Musharaff withdrew the case!

Convicted because they did not file a response in time. After they did it is still under judicial review. And hence SCP asking to write the damned letter to open the case again.
And what about 11 years of Zardari's conviction? Why couldn't the Pakistani courts prove something? And is Zardari the only criminal in Pakistan. I think NOT!

I disagree with many points out of 50 points posted by Batmannow, but still ok.. I feel dictatorship is good since people know this guy will remain on top, so they remain one. by hock or by crock. Good or bad, policies remain intact.. and there are less corruption because of less people on the top.

If only Pakistan was a bank. Not everything revolves around finances in a country. Dictatorship has caused enough damage to Pakistan. Enough of that. Really, enough of that. Now even the Khakis don't want to come to power. They know their own history. BTW, the politicians in Pakistan may not be the most corrupt in the world but I don't see other countries where too many people like you begging for dictatorship.
Democracy is the only way forward for a multiethnic society like Pakistan. Any other thing will be bad for Pakistan.

If only Pakistan was a bank. Not everything revolves around finances in a country. Dictatorship has caused enough damage to Pakistan. Enough of that. Really, enough of that. Now even the Khakis don't want to come to power. They know their own history. BTW, the politicians in Pakistan may not be the most corrupt in the world but I don't see other countries where too many people like you begging for dictatorship.
Democracy is the only way forward for a multiethnic society like Pakistan. Any other thing will be bad for Pakistan.

Don't know about any other country, but now I am in Oman, and here everyone loves Dictatorship. and I spend my life during Zia's era when GNP was recorded for 6.9% during his tenure which was highest in the world at that time. Dollar stay on 15 for so many years. People were in their pents due to law enforcement. no loan or anything taken during his time. But when BB came she did mess, then Nawaz continue till Musharaf came and dollar stick between 60-63. Stock exchange rise, things were ok till these politicians came back to the country.

Democracy divides people, and when people are divide it is obvious they will fight with each other.

Sir,
I am ready for , any thing you may disagree!
Or I can make it, more simple for you, with moody,s ratings today, & its ratings the day gen.musharaf went out of this country, you can check it with their detailed facts & figures, by ursElf ?

PPP has expert feduels , in the rural pakistan , which knows how to expolite the stupid & poor awam?
That is the very reason , because of which they keep winning back to back, & if PTI & PMLn can't find a joint front specialy in punjab , PPP will keep wining no matter, when?
With hardly 30% urban hardly educated votes, in favour of PTI, I don't see any change comming in pakistan including my own vote for imran, which I caste just because of our basic affiliation to our tribe!
Anyway its a eye openner for , all the pakistanis, that if we doesn't bring more education, to our system we will never be able to bring any change, & to do this , I support Grand marrshall revolution from pakarmy, with specific targets , democrcy on local bodies level, & with rotation in command.
Many of us allways argue, that global conditions aren't suaitable for this kind of system, I have allways answered them , With “ when there is a willl, then there is way” !
China & russia & Iran are the great examples, how live with own solutions , in this selfish world.

Musharraf was also the reason Zadari and NS got back into the country in the name of reconciliation. It far out any good that Musharraf did in his tenure, bringing back the same corrupt tola just to prolong his own tenure.

Yes they got back because they were allowed to let live, much before NRO.

Who awarded them rule? Imran Khan, by not participating in elections.

This was basically PPP versus all the opposition. I feel sorry for Mr Bosan. Every one knew that he had the backing of PTI but PTI remained behind the scene.

IMO it was a tactical mistake by Imran Khan. Margin of 4000 votes is nothing. Had PTI heavy weights from South Punjab such as Shah Mahmoud Qureshi and Javed Hashmi come out and canvassed, there is little doubt that Mr Bosan could have won.

This was basically PPP versus all the opposition. I feel sorry for Mr Bosan. Every one knew that he had the backing of PTI but PTI remained behind the scene.

IMO it was a tactical mistake by Imran Khan. Margin of 4000 votes is nothing. Had PTI heavy weights from South Punjab such as Shah Mahmoud Qureshi and Javed Hashmi come out and canvassed, there is little doubt that Mr Bosan could have won.

That's the real problem sir,
Imrans faults, his mistakes, his attitude!
All he think about politics is jalsa,s huge crowd gatherings, songs & jazbati bhashans, I am 10000% sure this seat could have won by , PTI if they had put JH or SMQ in front of abdul qadir ?
Once if its won by , PTI preasure would be on PPP & on pmln & with that preasure he could hve made the momentum for early elections, but look what he have done?
Giving PPP open field to score , a deadly excuse to prolong PPP ,s bad & most cruopt rule?
Its a maSsive political mistake, by IMRAN.
I see not long , all the heavy players runing away from him, because of his political mistakes?
All his politics allways runing around the dam Cj, with some paid media surveys, & his big talks , he really have disappointed a lot of his well wishers at the moment.
Pakistani patriot was left alone, with only option of a early marshallaw, today & it was because of the politicians like imran we have in pakistan.

Yes they got back because they were allowed to let live, much before NRO.

Who awarded them rule? Imran Khan, by not participating in elections.

How naive. So Musharaf out of all his good heart decided to allow them back just to let them live.....what a joke.
and how exactly did Imran khan awarded anything by not participating? These thugs were brought in Pakistan by Musharaf. PPP specially since he did wanted to continue his presidency with a weak democratic setup. Although things proved otherwise with the killing of BB and NS gaining a strong support in punjab and with judiciary.

I would say this Musharraf early days were good, but that does not wash his hands from the blunders or should i say crimes he has committed just to prolong his tenure.

ff_ak472_f.jpg

I hope we get revolution soon so , insects like Gilani and his offspring are killed off first before they ever reach maturity to stand in election

The guy looks like a typical "Choor" from his picture and what his father did to scam people of Pakistan he deserves death personally

Aek CHOOR ka beta CHOOR hi hota hai , haram ki kamai kha kha ker bara hota hai

Its too bad in good old days of Alaxander one would take his sword and just correct the issue immediately , oh not gona write a letter to swiss banks .. come here buddy .. and issue resolved

The cure to this feudal system is REVOLUTION ..

Because the "UNEDUCATED SALVE CLASS" will always give vote to FEUDAL LORDS ..

ff_ak472_f.jpg

I hope we get revolution soon so , insects like Gilani and his offspring are killed off first before they ever reach maturity to stand in election

The guy looks like a typical "Choor" from his picture and what his father did to scam people of Pakistan he deserves death personally

Aek CHOOR ka beta CHOOR hi hota hai , haram ki kamai kha kha ker bara hota hai

Its too bad in good old days of Alaxander one would take his sword and just correct the issue immediately , oh not gona write a letter to swiss banks .. come here buddy .. and issue resolved

The cure to this feudal system is REVOLUTION ..

Because the "UNEDUCATED SALVE CLASS" will always give vote to FEUDAL LORDS ..

65 years , & still we keep crying revolution everyday , every week & every month & every year?
Each & every political party kept singing revolution songs, PPP , PTI, JI, different fictions of muslim leauges,Tahir-ul-qadri, mulana FAZAL-ur-Rehman , ANP , TAlibans, Jeay-sindh, BLA & many who I just can't Remember , bt no one. Have able to bring any revolution in pakistan?
Why????

65 years , & still we keep crying revolution everyday , every week & every month & every year?
Each & every political party kept singing revolution songs, PPP , PTI, JI, different fictions of muslim leauges,Tahir-ul-qadri, mulana FAZAL-ur-Rehman , ANP , TAlibans, Jeay-sindh, BLA & many who I just can't Remember , bt no one. Have able to bring any revolution in pakistan?
Why????

You need balls for the revolution, which no party has... neeither we pakistani people have..

You need balls for the revolution, which no party has... neeither we pakistani people have..
Then why does the public develop balls when the army tries to fix the country? It's the media that's the reason for half the problems we have

Sir,
With due respects,
That's exactly they want, exactly they hve paid for, total kaos, peoples belive on their state. Getting dis-funtional, they all , meet them , they all accept them , they all gets their rewarded by theM?
poor pakistanis were always made fooled by all these political jookers, each & every time, but there are few pakistanis dicplined mens with their oath of their own blood & the, promise to defend pakistan, who allways has tried to bring happiness & joy, respect , economic harmony in some form of revolution.
But our uneducated poor foolish civilians, allways become victims of the dirty magic spell, of fedul class super rich, system of doom?
Just right now our frist & final line of defence has became the internal & external target of a enemy which is waging its finnal attack, on the state of pakiistan , plz defend it by, stop supporting every political party in the country, give your suPport to the real defenders of pakistan, just put your faith & belive in them , the revolution will start appearing soon!
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Good luck, its the only way we have.
Wellcome too green brigade.
Mission executed , over & all, batmanow & forever, drakknight rises again, to clean the mess in gotham.

Convicted because they did not file a response in time. After they did it is still under judicial review. And hence SCP asking to write the damned letter to open the case again.
And what about 11 years of Zardari's conviction? Why couldn't the Pakistani courts prove something? And is Zardari the only criminal in Pakistan. I think NOT!.

Whatever the case maybe, they were still convicted..

You and I know very well how things work in Pakistan's judicial system. If those who were directly responsible for the break up of Pakistan have been let go free, I doubt these Zardari, Nawaz and the likes will ever be held accountable.

Back
Top Bottom