What's new

AAP slashes infrastructure funding to pay for water and power subsidy

AAP slashes infrastructure funding to pay for water and power subsidy | Daily Mail Online

The water and power subsidy doled out by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government, has apparently come at the cost of Delhi’s infrastructure projects.

The budgetary allocation under the planned head has been reduced by Rs 1,350 crore for the fiscal year 2015-16.

A Delhi government official said it is the fund under the planned outlay which is used for executing the infrastructure projects and other government schemes.

At the same time, the allocation under non-planned head has been increased by Rs 2,500 crore. This means that there will be an increase in expenditure for establishments like the newly-formed Delhi Dialogue Commission and office expenses of the new posts created for the MLAs and volunteers of AAP.

This also includes the appointment of 21 MLAs as parliamentary secretaries to the Cabinet ministers of the Delhi government.

Presenting the vote-on-account for the first three months of the fiscal year 2015- 16, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Tuesday said nearly 40 per cent of the planned Budget for the current financial year remained unutilised.

Further, the revenue collection of the government too declined during the fiscal, which prompted the government to reduce the planned outlay for the next year.

The planned budget for the year 2015-16 has been reduced to Rs 15,350 crore from Rs 16,700 crore in the previous year.

On the other hand, the non-planned outlay has been increased to Rs 21,500 crore from Rs 19,066 crore in 2014-15.

The deputy chief minister said the budget for the planned head has been reduced by Rs 1,350 crore while the water and power subsidy will incur a cost of nearly Rs 1,600 crore to the government.

Almost all major infrastructure sectors, including public works, housing, urban and rural development have seen a reduction in the budgetary allocation. However, funds have been increased for public health, education and power sectors.

The Bharatiya Janata Party criticised the vote-on-account, saying it will put development projects on the backburner while the establishment expenditure of the government will increase.

The BJP’s legislative party leader Vijender Gupta alleged the capital outlay meant for development works has been reduced to fulfil the AAP’s agenda, including water and power subsidy.

“Reducing the planned expenditure will slow down the infrastructure projects. The ongoing projects will be stalled and no new projects will come up in the next year. At the same time, establishment expenditure will go up, which will put burden on the taxpayers. The vote-onaccount also does not suggest any way to overcome the financial deficit,” Gupta said.

Meanwhile, the government sought approval of vote-on-account for the first three months while proposing an estimated budget of Rs 37,750 crore for 2015-16.

Sisodia said the AAP wanted people’s participation in formulation of the Budget.

-----------------------

Paanch Saal Kejrival !!!!!!! :hitwall:

Your posts are filled with nonsense. If tax collection has come down then how is AAP to blame? They've been in power only for 30 days. Plus who are you to decide that Dehi dialog is less important than the things they are cutting?

This statement is malicious and misleading

The water and power subsidy doled out by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government, has apparently come at the cost of Delhi’s infrastructure projects

all that you can infer is that planned expenditure has come down and infra has been cut. Non plan has gone up and infra has been cut.

Sorry but BS is what you are speaking....Infrastructure is as important as anything above you mentioned because if this freaking lack of infra which is stopping us from realizing our full potential....and this has happened because political parties give lot of freebies to public however don't think about any means to fund those freebies...so they start diverting funds from other critical programs...and the result is in front of us...Congress did this for almost 6 decades and now AAP is using the same tactics...I am all for removing corruption however economic prudence also has some importance...

Do you know what the nature of Infra that was listed? In Tilak Nagar 80 lacs were spent on ornamental boards and called 'infrastructure'. Without knowing the details of the spends why are you jumping?

Your posts are filled with nonsense. If tax collection has come down then how is AAP to blame? They've been in power only for 30 days.

Logic would suggest that if fiscal situation is a problem, you don't add to it.

Logic would suggest that if fiscal situation is a problem, you don't add to it.

Logic would suggest that you look at the numbers and then decide. People railing against 'free water and electricity', not ONE has ever told that it was never free? There was only a lifeline amount to be given and only the extortionary rates were to be cut. There are people in Delhi who pay many times the amount that people in other states pay, should that continue? Your problem is that the govt is refusing to collaborate with people who want to fleece the people? Fiscal responsibilitylogically means that you prevent people from stealing public money worth 1000s of crores. Infrastructure is also one biggest dens of corruption, I hear that they want new audited procedures in place before new projects are commissioned and I'd rather have that than spend 1 lakh for a normal AC and roads where Tar and Concrete are less than half of what was sanctioned.

The article also states that public health expenditure will go up? Where are yu talking about that? You want to fund corrupt infra without check only because it's called 'infra' while not counting other essentials are being increased?

Logic would suggest that you look at the numbers and then decide. People railing against 'free water and electricity', not ONE has ever told that it was never free? There was only a lifeline amount to be given and only the extortionary rates were to be cut. There are people in Delhi who pay many times the amount that people in other states pay, should that continue? Your problem is that the govt is refusing to collaborate with people who want to fleece the people? Fiscal responsibilitylogically means that you prevent people from stealing public money worth 1000s of crores. Infrastructure is also one biggest dens of corruption, I hear that they want new audited procedures in place before new projects are commissioned and I'd rather have that than spend 1 lakh for a normal AC and roads where Tar and Concrete are less than half of what was sanctioned.

The article also states that public health expenditure will go up? Where are yu talking about that? You want to fund corrupt infra without check only because it's called 'infra' while not counting other essentials are being increased?

Heck a lot you read into one line. The rest I'm not surprised about, you thought pretty much the same thing when UPA was spending money it didn't have on pet "social" projects. Same excuses even then. :lol:

Heck a lot you read into one line. The rest I'm not surprised about, you thought pretty much the same thing when UPA was spending money it didn't have on pet "social" projects. Same excuses even then. :lol:

I'm not surprised at you too. You rarely understand the issues and only troll.

Words cannot express my anger, I knew this would happen when these anarchist clowns came into office but hoped against hope they would balance their populism with maintaining Delhi as India's premier modern city.

All I can say is THANK GOD the central govt maintains control and budgetary responsibility for the larger Delhi/NCR infra projects like highways, expressways, Delhi Metro, low-floor buses and such.

Let's just hope Delhi's citizens learn their lesson and elect a party with an actual interest in governing next time around....

I think Delhi voted for AAP because there was a dip in corruption during their earlier 49 days in power. Everyone is fed up of the difficulties in getting even the most minor things done in govt offices. I assume the corrupt were just on " hold " figuring out their next move.

Anyway, it is what it is, the signs don't look good. One great thing about Indians though is that we never learn from history. It's like we are doomed to keep making exactly the same mistakes for exactly the same reasons after having been proven wrong a hundred times. Sometimes I think there's no hope for this country, we are a bunch of idiots.

I think Delhi voted for AAP because there was a dip in corruption during their earlier 49 days in power. Everyone is fed up of the difficulties in getting even the most minor things done in govt offices. I assume the corrupt were just on " hold " figuring out their next move.

Anyway, it is what it is, the signs don't look good. One great thing about Indians though is that we never learn from history. It's like we are doomed to keep making exactly the same mistakes for exactly the same reasons after having been proven wrong a hundred times. Sometimes I think there's no hope for this country, we are a bunch of idiots.

Ask yourself this question, Why did Delhi vote Congress to power for the last 15 years ? Its the birth place of JNU and "secularism".

AAP "secularism" just took over when Congress power ended. BJP had only an outside chance.

So now to divert attention from their painfully and comically obvious inability to actually deliver anything but subsidies and entertainment, AAP seeks to 'gherao' parliament.

So it seems we are back to dharna nautanki, as always enjoy Delhi the entertainment you paid for.

Dictatorial Kejriwal cannot handle newly acquired power. Goondaism and hooliganism back.
Democratic voices shut, infra funds diverted,tickets given to criminals.Is this the party claiming to become the one with difference?

I am actually sick of this now...i am fine in being corrected and would welcome that...however we should give flak to party whenever they need it...constructive feedback is as important a thing as praising good work...now let me show you some issues that i have with your post...

Your posts are filled with nonsense. If tax collection has come down then how is AAP to blame?
Throughout the campaign AAP was asked that how are you going to fund the subsidy...and they very gloatingly replied that we managed to increase the tax collection in just 49 days of government....in short they were taking all the credit for increase in tax collection...now when it decreased it's someone else fault...why??

They've been in power only for 30 days. Plus who are you to decide that Dehi dialog is less important than the things they are cutting?
Then are you the one to decide??

This statement is malicious and misleading

The water and power subsidy doled out by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government, has apparently come at the cost of Delhi’s infrastructure projects

all that you can infer is that planned expenditure has come down and infra has been cut. Non plan has gone up and infra has been cut.
Then please throw some light on what as per you non plan expenditure and plan expenditure is all about??

Do you know what the nature of Infra that was listed? In Tilak Nagar 80 lacs were spent on ornamental boards and called 'infrastructure'. Without knowing the details of the spends why are you jumping?

Above you claimed that it is malicious and misleading to say that infra spending has been cut...now you are giving example of miniscule(in terms of overall budget) 80 lacs which were wrongly reported in Infra tab...first decide if infra spending has been cut or not...secondly if some wrongdoing is there then that needs to be fixed...it doesn't mean that you move a whopping 1000+ crore into non-planned expenditure....this is crap!!

Dictatorial Kejriwal cannot handle newly acquired power. Goondaism and hooliganism back.
Democratic voices shut, infra funds diverted,tickets given to criminals.Is this the party claiming to become the one with difference?
of-course they are different...there intentions are right :)

About their intentions only time will tell...least aaptards can do not to take self proclaimed moral
High ground.

Ask yourself this question, Why did Delhi vote Congress to power for the last 15 years ? Its the birth place of JNU and "secularism".

AAP "secularism" just took over when Congress power ended. BJP had only an outside chance.

Yup that's why they had 32 odd seats in 2013....similarly won all 7 lok sabha seats...Look this secularism sh1t has ruined our country.....bcoz there is a not a single party in there which is not going to exploit it for their own good...Just think 6 decades of congress and yet Muslims are where they are...now how is congress secular??

About their intentions only time will tell...least aaptards can do not to take self proclaimed moral
High ground.
:) ...of-course however this is what they say all the time...if i do something it is with good intentions...if you do the same then well you are corrupt...

Delhi doesnt need better infrastructure, it is not an industrial state nor should it be, politicians can suffer. Right move by the AAP...

Back
Top Bottom