What's new

AAAA 2016: India to get Longbow radars for Apaches

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1638573_-_main.jpg

India is purchasing Longbow FCRs to augment its Apache attack helicopter fleet. Source: Boeing
India has awarded a contract to Longbow LLC, a Lockheed Martin-Northrop Grumman joint venture, for fire control radar (FCR) systems for its Boeing AH-64E Apache attack helicopters, Lockheed Martin announced in a 30 April press statement released at the Army Aviation Association of America's (AAAA's) annual conference.

The firm-fixed price, undefinitised Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract purchases 12 FCRs for USD57.1 million, but could be worth up to USD116.7 million, according to Lockheed Martin.

"With Longbow FCR, the Indian Air Force will receive a rapid all-weather targeting capability," Jim Messina, Longbow LLC's president and director of Longbow programmes at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, said in the statement.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(132 of 196 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/59908/aaaa-2016-india-to-get-longbow-radars-for-apaches

1638573_-_main.jpg

India is purchasing Longbow FCRs to augment its Apache attack helicopter fleet. Source: Boeing
India has awarded a contract to Longbow LLC, a Lockheed Martin-Northrop Grumman joint venture, for fire control radar (FCR) systems for its Boeing AH-64E Apache attack helicopters, Lockheed Martin announced in a 30 April press statement released at the Army Aviation Association of America's (AAAA's) annual conference.

The firm-fixed price, undefinitised Foreign Military Sales (FMS) contract purchases 12 FCRs for USD57.1 million, but could be worth up to USD116.7 million, according to Lockheed Martin.

"With Longbow FCR, the Indian Air Force will receive a rapid all-weather targeting capability," Jim Messina, Longbow LLC's president and director of Longbow programmes at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, said in the statement.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(132 of 196 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/59908/aaaa-2016-india-to-get-longbow-radars-for-apaches

One Longbow Apache-64E With 2 LCH Great Days For Ahead For Ground Operations Troops Specially SF Guys In Kashmir & Naxal affected areas

can someone post Pictures of IA Apache ?

so Apache is not yet in IA service ?? really ? :o:
the way some Indian posters brag I thought they are already in service :sick:
The Apaches and Chinooks will be delivered from Sep 2018 onwards and are for the IAF, the IA will get their Apaches later.

And I don't know where you see the bragging occuring but okay.

The Apaches and Chinooks will be delivered from Sep 2018 onwards and are for the IAF, the IA will get their Apaches later.

And I don't know where you see the bragging occuring but okay.

its all over on PDF , in every thread regarding PA getting AH-Z1 or Mil-35's , Indian were bragging about how their Apache are more advance .. so it gives the impression that they are already in IA inventory , that is why I was shocked that so far its not inducted ..

So I should laugh at you people for the boasting of su35 I guess

thing is Pakistani never give impression about we already have Su-35 , its always on so many If's and But's ..
I know IA apache is done deal but some posters here gives the impression of that its already inducted ..

nothing personal here ..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom