What's new

Indian Army requests more Apaches

This was bound to happen. IA wanted its own Apache's...so they want MoD to execute the follow on orders of Apache and give them to IA now.

Its just that the Apache's are ridiculously expensive.

How about you don't start a arms race in the subcontinent by testing nukes to feed your megalomaniac desire to surpass China (which is never going to happen) We don't even let North Korea get off after they do their tests so what makes you guys so special in the innt'l community?

Keep on buying Russian those falling Mig's sure would make good fireworks.

And you think we are the British to listen to what you have to say?????? You want to do business with the Indian defence sector play by our rules. The French and Russians are more than happy in case you are not interested.

But it seems that there would be 60+++ Apaches with India soon...

I would not say soon as our red tape bureaucracy damn slow :P and your policies are hard to crack.

But if done through government to government sale process ...i guess we will have 1 squadron with each strike core.

well i am not sure what is the exact number of helicopters in 1 squadron ?

Are bureaucrats in MOD are nuts?
Whats the rubbish A attack helicopter is operated by airforce instead of army aviation corps :hitwall:

IAF and Indian Army should have 22 Apaches each = 44 + 6 reserve = total 50 Apaches.

I wrote about this a few months ago that army was pissed and wanted its own fleet of 11 apaches in this forum.

I was knowing that, Entire India is pi$$ed off of IAF. IAF attitude is pathetic. I suggest MoD give LCA squads to IA. Who wants an incompetent depleted Air force..

We need for IAF as well for COAS.

Not needed, IA should have there LCA for Close Air support.. No one need IAF...

It makes sense on a tactical level for the Indian Army to have use of attack helicopters that it controls because it will be part of the front line force working with rapid reaction forces near the border region, this is where they will work hand in hand together to counter strike if a border clash emerges.

Ground troops will need a quick deadly attack copter like the Apache to support them along with our Akash missile squadrons that we are placing in the North-East.

Can somebody suggest to me as to how the figure for 11 or 22 or 33 was reached?

The AH-64E Longbow will preferably be used in pairs, largely to exploit the tightly networked capability but more importantly to use the hunter killer capability that the Longbow radar provides.

As such for the 13 Corps, the min number would come out to 28 Apaches 2 per Corps, which would really restrict them to only air battle management operations. In essence, the most powerful gunship would be transformed into a C2 asset, with its radars feeding data for the LCH.

At such low numbers, the corps can commit the Apaches only to one area, one division at a time, leaving several divisions without this newly aquired support. (The Longbow radar has a range of 8km, meaning it sweeps out an area of 200 km2. Thats just about a mid sized city). What does the corps do when more than one division is in desperate need for effective guidance? The LCH can perform strike missions, but without a mounted MMR radar, it will not be able to generate the situational awareness the commanders will want.

It would be better if every division were to have their own pair of gunships. That would mean a requirement of 34*2 Apaches. i.e. 68 Ah-64Es. Now, a certain number will have to be kept in reserve. That woyld be around 4-6.

Thus IMO, 72-76 would be an ideal number for the gunships. But of course the IA should have better understanding of the requirements.

Btw, the Saudi Arabian Armed forces have 94 Apaches

Can somebody suggest to me as to how the figure for 11 or 22 or 33 was reached?

The AH-64E Longbow will preferably be used in pairs, largely to exploit the tightly networked capability but more importantly to use the hunter killer capability that the Longbow radar provides.

As such for the 14 Corps, the min number would come out to 28 Apaches 2 per Corps, which would really restrict them to only air battle management operations. In essence, the most powerful gunship would be transformed into a C2 asset, with its radars feeding data for the LCH.

At such low numbers, the corps can commit the Apaches only to one area, one division at a time, leaving several divisions without this newly aquired support. (The Longbow radar has a range of 8km, meaning it sweeps out an area of 200 km2. Thats just about a mid sized city). What does the corps do when more than one division is in desperate need for effective guidance? The LCH can perform strike missions, but without a mounted MMR radar, it will not be able to generate the situational awareness the commanders will want.

It would be better if every division were to have their own pair of gunships. That would mean a requirement of 34*2 Apaches. i.e. 68 Ah-64Es. Now, a certain number will have to be kept in reserve. That woyld be around 4-6.

Thus IMO, 72-76 would be an ideal number for the gunships. But of course the IA should have better understanding of the requirements.

Btw, the Saudi Arabian Armed forces have 94 Apaches

Firstly,there are 13 corps not 14 that the IA has.3 Strike corps and 10 holding corps.

Secondly,the IA thinks that only its strike corps need Apache helicopters and not the holding corps.This makes some sense as LCH and Rudra will also get inducted.

So for 3 strike corps we have 11 Apache each which make the figure of 33.The rest of the helicopters are gonna be Rudra and LCH.

We need around 100 of AH-64Ds through a period of time.
We need the Apaches to trump the WZ-10s

Back
Top Bottom