What's new

A Theory On Partition

I don't think you have not read my post properly. I have said it would have been best if partition was done a bit meticulously and a complete population exchange .

Like Jinnah said, we were given a moth eaten Pakistan. Had we gotten undivided Punjab and Bengal, things wouldn't have been so problematic. But the Baniya British alliance goes back a long time.

Doesn't make it right. It's a fossilised error. 1947 witnessed the creation of two brand new nation states. Neither of them existed before. It was not partition of a single nation. It could be referred to as creation of two nation states from a contiguous area of imperial British territory.

The Indian narrative calls it a partition. Very hard to change that vocabulary if you are educated in India.

I believe the British call it the same as well.

I don't think you have not read my post properly. I have said it would have been best if partition was done a bit meticulously and a complete population exchange .

I agree Partition could have been done in a better way. The original date for transfer of power was June 1948. Perhaps @Joe Shearer can shed light as to why it was brought forward by nearly a year.

It required surgical precision but it was done with a butcher's knife.

History tells a different story. Of naughty encounters between Edwina and Nehru and sometimes Mountbatten joined in too. Then you had Gandhi fondling his grand nieces. Freaks i mean birds of a feather flock together.
Don't forget harami godse the father of today's India who used to write letters to British to beg for his life

I agree Partition could have been done in a better way. The original date for transfer of power was June 1948. Perhaps @Joe Shearer can shed light as to why it was brought forward by nearly a year.

Because the British mess up everything. They screwed up the Israel Palestine issue like this too.

History tells a different story. Of naughty encounters between Edwina and Nehru and sometimes Mountbatten joined in too. Then you had Gandhi fondling his grand nieces. Freaks i mean birds of a feather flock together.
Assume these "history" books are printed in Pakistan.

No. The thing about Gandhi is well known. He used to sleep naked with his grand nieces. Some ascetic ritual. Freaky nonetheless.
Yes. Doesn't take away from the fact that no ML league leader spent a night in British jail for "freedom" while everyone from Bhagat Singh to Bose to Nehru to Gandhi to Tilak were imprisoned by the Brits.

I think June 1948 was for the latest date for British to give India independence. It wasn't an agreed upon date.

I am pretty sure Atlee set a deadline of June 1948.

He did...it was a deadline. I don't think it precluded an earlier withdrawal. Will wait for Joe to wake up and fill us in with the gory details

Back
Top Bottom