What's new

A Sri Lankan national lynched in Sialkot by mob of terrorists for blasphemy

Warning: Strong Visuals. A Sri Lankan factory manager in #Sialkot has been brutally murdered by a mob chanting slogans of Tehreek e Labbaik Pakistan. According to reports the mob made a false accusation blasphemy to justify the murder. #TLP was recently unbanned by the govt.

I even don't understand why do you need to kill a person for blasphemy? Words cannot hurt you and they are meaningless. What kind of a religion imposes death penalty for insults which are just foul words coming from someone's tongue? They are meaningless anyway.

The appropriate punishment for blasphemy can be lashing, a heavy fine or long term imprisonment( 3 to 5 years). Death penalty can be imposed if blasphemy results in a fight where people gets killed. In that case the blasphemer can be charged with murder.

I even don't understand why do you need to kill a person for blasphemy? Words cannot hurt you and they are meaningless. What kind of a religion imposes death penalty for insults which are just foul words coming from someone's tongue? They are meaningless anyway.

The appropriate punishment for blasphemy can be lashing, a heavy fine or long term imprisonment( 3 to 5 years). Death penalty can be imposed if blasphemy results in a fight where people gets killed. In that case the blasphemer can be charged with murder.
this was your avatar for the longest time
2013-06-22-ashinwirathuhtz1.jpg

Wirathu

Didn't you murder rohingya people?

Pakistanis need an authoritarian regime to rule over them. Seems only way forward.

Amnesty International thinks that all South Asians are devils while Europeans are angels.
We are mostly devils. No doubt. At least the western people attack and kill people in other countries. In sub continent we kill each other on the name of country, religion etc.

Exactly! This region, South Asia is perhaps most insane in this regard. Needs massive efforts to correct course. This is stone age actions. Cow vigilantes killing muslims in india OR killing a person in the name of blasphemy in pakistan is complete insanity. No words to describe such horrific incidents. Extremely painful. Pakistan needs to re-work on its laws. Education is critical! Plus educated members of society do not raise voice because they also fear for their lives but this is problem you need to raise your voice to stop this evil
Even among many newly 'educated' in South Asia, culturally and morally they do not have the background value that respects human life. In India, in fact the Hindutva respect cow's life more than human life. In this forum of a supposedly Muslim country, I constantly and repeatedly see blame, hate, abuse and accusations directed toward the Muslim victims of Hindutva fascism. I would have thought they are Bharati Hindutva comments if I didn't know they were from Pakistanis.

Nope. Why this sort of thing do not happen in other islamic countries with much softer laws ??

Why we are the most radicals one ?

I think the laws gives the impression to senseless mobs that penalty of such crime is already death, so lets do it ourselves!

Secondly, no need to completely remove the laws. Make them in accordance with other majority islamic countries. I am no expert, but one thing am 100% sure. Taking a life is certainly not doing any sort of service to religion.
In an ideal World blasphemy should not be an issue at all, it's 21st century ffs. But since we're living in a jahil society stuck in 6th century so these kind of laws are required to appease majority.

Nope. Why this sort of thing do not happen in other islamic countries with much softer laws ??

Why we are the most radicals one ?

I think the laws gives the impression to senseless mobs that penalty of such crime is already death, so lets do it ourselves!

Secondly, no need to completely remove the laws. Make them in accordance with other majority islamic countries. I am no expert, but one thing am 100% sure. Taking a life is certainly not doing any sort of service to religion.
Its not even Islamic punishment though lol...

Warning: Strong Visuals. A Sri Lankan factory manager in #Sialkot has been brutally murdered by a mob chanting slogans of Tehreek e Labbaik Pakistan. According to reports the mob made a false accusation blasphemy to justify the murder. #TLP was recently unbanned by the govt.

Its a sad reality this mullah extremist mentality has hijacked this country . Even changing the laws made by Zia ul Haq or even speaking against them means a death penalty.

There needs to be a thorough investigation. The nature or how the event unfolded does not explain the spontaneity of the barbaric incident.

Very sad incident. It was bound to happen when you bow down to the demands of radical/extremist party. Extremism is increasing, and sadly some roots are present in our all 3 institution as well. It's right time to erase blasphemy law. Imran Khan has always soft corner for extremist groups. Can't expect better anything under his leadership when you want to demolish extremism.
I am very saddened from this incident. Also best of luck to 2025 cricket champions trophy. No team want to come expect few players.

Last edited:
As a people, our threshold for what counts as bad is pretty high. We are willing to put up with a lot of things so that we don't rock the boat. This is something I have observed relative to other peoples of the world. We like to call it perseverance. I could argue it is a form of submissiveness (beghairatee). It is perhaps a function of our history. Once that threshold is crossed, like other rational people, we are capable of solving problems. For example, the COVID pandemic crossed our "bad threshold" and NCOC did pretty well, to the surprise of many of us.

Unfortunately, when it comes to extremist thought our threshold is very very high. Recall how much we let things go bad with TTP before the nation decided this is too much. At every one of these increasingly problematic lynching incidents I think to myself, "this must be our threshold," but I am proven wrong every time. I am afraid we have a lot more that we are willing to live with. Things will get increasingly worse until the point where we decide as a nation that this is not us, or maybe it will be and it will be too late. We needed an APS to realize that TTP was bad and even that we've started to go soft on. God knows what it will take to wake us out of this slumber. I shudder to think what.

Back
Top Bottom