What's new

A Sri Lankan national lynched in Sialkot by mob of terrorists for blasphemy

Wow 10 years ago Sri Lanka was quite prosperous. Why even go there? Pakistan is light years behind Sri Lanka in terms of human development, education etc. Sri Lanka is right now in an economic crisis but still people act civilised. Can't say the same about these countries.

I came here after years because of this story. Otherwise I won't be wasting my time here.

Many of us Sri Lankans like to think that Sri Lanka is the worst country on earth because of our own shortcomings but they have absolutely no idea how countries like Pakistan are like. How backward they are compared to us. Anyway after this story I am sure no one would go there again.
I don't see your point there are Americans working in Africa and Chinese working in Pakistan, there is nothing to do with hdi economic development it is just that the particular person is suited for the job

Also I don't get the Sri lanka was much prosperous 10 years ago it much wealthier by every metric
Wow 10 years ago Sri Lanka was quite prosperous. Why even go there? Pakistan is light years behind Sri Lanka in terms of human development, education etc. Sri Lanka is right now in an economic crisis but still people act civilised. Can't say the same about these countries.

I came here after years because of this story. Otherwise I won't be wasting my time here.

Many of us Sri Lankans like to think that Sri Lanka is the worst country on earth because of our own shortcomings but they have absolutely no idea how countries like Pakistan are like. How backward they are compared to us. Anyway after this story I am sure no one would go there again.
Very sad incident. It was bound to happen when you bow to demands of radical/extremist party. Extremism is increasing, and sadly some roots are present in our all 3 institution as well. It's right time to erase blasphemy law. Imran Khan has always soft corner for extremist groups. Can't expect better anything under his leadership when you want to demolish extremism.
I am very saddened from this incident. Also best of luck to 2025 cricket champions trophy. No team want to come expect few players.
Yes the Pakistani embassy has been trying to bring more tourists to visit Pakistan and talked alot about visiting during cricket series played between Sri lanka and Pakistan but after this incident I don't many cricket fans visiting Pakistan

Last edited:
you can’t burn body
What type of Muslim are these jungle Muslims
Don’t they know fire is from hell and is punishment of God

terrible jungleez and should be made example of but one thing how can a “Kaafir” from Sri Lanka rip up quranic posters and throw them in a dustbin a Muslim would have reviebed same treatment but the audacity or stupidity of the Sri Lankan to commit this act in Pakistan must also be questioned .

it’s wrong to burn him as I said a bullet to he’s head would have sufficed and no I’m not an extremist just stating what I would do if I seen anyone disrespect quraanic verses , firstly I wouldn’t let anyone put them up as it’s not from Islam to hang Quran on wall as Quran is to read and non of early Muslims nor companions of prophet Muhammad pbuh hung verses on the wall as verses are to read but no ornament , however if I seen anyone disrespect quranic verses by ripping them up and dashing them in the trash can I would launch my fathers pump rifle straight in he’s head .
Lol so shoot someone for ripping up a poster your just as big an extremist as them, by that logic Norway should dropped a bomb on the muslims throwing bibles

Also I wonder how someone from Sri lanka can tell the difference from a Quran verse from gibberish

Just yesterday I was thinking about taking a trip back and seeing Pakistan and connecting again- and as if on cue it never fails to disappoint why it is a terrorist infested backwater hollow banana republic which no longer represents a piece of my life or who I am.

It's Friday afternoon here and the weekend has begun. And the Gori wife after coming home from work said something like 'Imran Khan condemning the lynching'. No amount of we expats talking about the potentials of Pakistan, and its' genuine hospitality of people and the truly wonderful landscape would be enough when the word 'lynching' and 'burning' of a body makes to the international news.
TLP and organizations similar to them are even more dangerous for Pakistan then even TTP is. Why? Because TLP hides in the plain sight and has put the fear of assassinations in the hearts of the security agencies, the politicians, the judges, the civil society. They started with the murder of Salman Taseer and they have tasted power and appeasement.

To make a thing clear, especially to the foreign visitors here: The Blasphemy Laws have targeted many more Muslims than foreigners and non-Muslims. And the Blasphemy Laws are often used to settle property or other disputes. I will give you an example--a very personal one. My own brother in Karachi had a business/property dispute with an uncle. In a heated moment, my brother threw off some papers from an office table to the floor. There was some news clipping or some paper with Islamic writing. The uncle grabbed the opportunity and filed a case under the Blasphemy Law. It was a long drawn legal battle where my brother had to spend money on legal cases and last minute bail or even hiding in relatives houses. The stress may have contributed to my dad's death. The matter was finally resolved when I went to Pakistan to attend my dad's funeral in 2009 and I made attempt to reach out to the uncle--who respected me as 'professor'--and the finally the matter was resolved. It was one of my greatest joys and accomplishments of life!
So please know the perspective!

What prevents your brother from taking a gun and blowing your uncle's dead off ? Or filing a case against your uncle accusing him of blasphemy ?

I am assuming your uncle was much richer than your brother.

What prevents your brother from taking a gun and blowing your uncle's dead off ? Or filing a case against your uncle accusing him of blasphemy ?

I am assuming your uncle was much richer than your brother.
A murder case? lol

What prevents your brother from taking a gun and blowing your uncle's dead off ? Or filing a case against your uncle accusing him of blasphemy ? I am assuming your uncle was much richer than your brother.

I think @Sainthood 101 answered that. No, uncle wasn't richer than my brother.

I don't see your point there are Americans working in Africa and Chinese working in Pakistan, there is nothing to do with hdi economic development it is just that the particular person is suited for the job

Also I don't get the Sri lanka was much prosperous 10 years ago it much wealthier by every metric

Yes the Pakistani embassy has been trying to bring more tourists to visit Pakistan and talked alot about visiting during cricket series played between Sri lanka and Pakistan but after this incident I don't many cricket fans visiting Pakistan
Sad to see, I still remember lahiru kumara, (unlike BS Indian fast bowlers- he had aura of an ancient warrior) spell on that Pindi pitch, reverse swing and everything, crowd going crazy cheering him to bowl bouncers
You wont get that experience in Sri Lanka- spinning wickets, where there's no point in bending your back and Sri Lankan crowd isn't as passionate about proper fast bowling as Pak crowds... imo

I know this probably sets of people I get it, but many tourists etc come and we treat them nicely, the man himself was living here for 10 years, retards shouldn't represent a diverse nation of 220 million- These brutes around 50 are arrested and hopefully will be punished and charged for murder
I hope this'll restore some confidence.... hope for a better tomorrow keeps a man going

I think @Sainthood 101 answered that. No, uncle wasn't richer than my brother.
So how could he prove your brother did blasphemy surely he can't prove your brother threw those papers on the ground and even if he did, that he new there religious text on them

Why couldn't your brother come up with a claim that your uncle committed blasphemy

TLP would release a statement distancing itself from this mob.

The shock is genuine for someone outside of Punjab. Maybe you are used to it.
Well Pindi is literally a road away from my house

Sad to see, I still remember lahiru kumara, (unlike BS Indian fast bowlers- he had aura of an ancient warrior) spell on that Pindi pitch, reverse swing and everything, crowd going crazy cheering him to bowl bouncers
You wont get that experience in Sri Lanka- spinning wickets, where there's no point in bending your back and Sri Lankan crowd isn't as passionate about proper fast bowling as Pak crowds... imo

I know this probably sets of people I get it, but many tourists etc come and we treat them nicely, retards shouldn't represent a diverse nation of 220 million- These brutes around 50 are arrested and hopefully will be punished and charged for murder
I hope this'll restore some confidence.... hope for a better tomorrow keeps a man alive
It will depend on how these psychopaths are treated, if justice is served and there are no more such incidents I think people will be more likely to visit Pakistan

But if they aren't prosecuted properly or they are more incidents people won't come, why would you go somewhere a group of people might kill you for just being accused of blasphemy

filing a case against your uncle accusing him of blasphemy ?
When you kill someone it's a murder case
Simple,

He could have filed it- case would have dragged on because it was B's , just like his uncle's case got dragged on

As it was bs

Last edited:
I have a different view. Communalism wasn't some necessary evil tolerated for the greater good of Pakistan. Iqbal was a communal first, with a interest in protecting the spirit of Islam, which included murder for publishing a blasphemous book. his interest in Pakistan is a vehicle for protecting his communalism was secondary.
as you can see from an earlier reply to my post, most people in Pakistan seem to agree in theory that Ilmuddin was at least somewhat justified in his actions because the British didn't properly do their legal duty of punishing the blasphemer. and they agree in theory that a death sentence for a "true" blasphemy is justified. you can gauge the implications. Iqbal was a true believer in this. he wasn't opportunistically using it to further some greater noble goal of protecting the economic and social rights of a marginalised group, he just genuinely believed that Ilmuddin was justified.

the anti-Ahmadi riots are nearly as old as Pakistan itself. the Sufis in Punjab were, and still are at the forefront of that. it's been brewing since much earlier than 79. as I'm vaguely aware, Islamists were already playing a significant role in mainstream politics by the mid to late 60s.

the conception was communal, the inception was communal.
Molana Maudodi played a bigger role

Back
Top Bottom