What's new

A Sri Lankan national lynched in Sialkot by mob of terrorists for blasphemy

@ Brass Knuckles said

Who are chanting "Sar Tan se Juda, Sar Tan se Juda"
* Behead those who Insult Islam?

Who supported Mumtaz Qadri??

This gali galoch wala mullah has single handedly radicalized large part of society. He glorified the murderers. In the process, he created a strong party and immensely damaged the country for generations to come! Contrary to his bragging, he did disservice to islam and caused lot of suffering,

The truth is the islamic scholars of pak also played a very negative role. I mean how many of them come on tv and declare the killings of police men by TLP as unislamic. These scholars always keep quiet and they are as culprits as TLP's goons are..

Not sure if true but i heard this because he tore some papers stuck to factory pillars or walls which contained some verses - maybe he thought he was just cleaning up his factory. In the past too some blind women was accused of blasphemy because the paper she was using to wrap the food contained some verses.

I never understood this - treating paper/ink as sacred because it has verses - is it not idolatory ? how is it different from people worshipping trees and snakes because they think it is touched by divine.
I have no idea what has actually happened. I may agree to this version, if it would have happened in some very rural areas where there is no literacy. This particular case could be anything, it could even be personal vandetta against one's supervisor and make it look a like blashphemy case to get mob support. Whatever it is, its just sickening.

and yeah, who cares its just paper. People in rural areas of sub-continent have tendency to believe in anything, even magic, peer babas, or whatever .. can expect them to call removing random papers as 'blashphemy'

Just yesterday I was thinking about taking a trip back and seeing Pakistan and connecting again- and as if on cue it never fails to disappoint why it is a terrorist infested backwater hollow banana republic which no longer represents a piece of my life or who I am.

Pakistani government should lower the flag to half mast in a sobering and realization in light of the tragic event.

Your avatar is dedicated to someone who killed women for pleasure. Need i say more?

Ok, He killed whores after fking, then cut them in pieces,
I am inspired from him, I will kill some whores from Molvi's home, Beware from me

As long as this fat *** Bajwa is sitting in COAS desk, things will not improve. This bastard wants to keep everyone happy i.e. politicians, judiciary , India, TTP, TLP, Iran, US, Afghanistan etc.

Did you see any protests or concerns on this news?

1 in 3 people working at Australia's parliament are sexually harassed, a report finds
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flipboard
  • Email
November 30, 202111:56 AM ET
DEEPA SHIVARAM
Twitter
ap21334383669883-58d073ccaaadb6492aa46d3f3686fc95a942632a-s1100-c50.jpg

Members of the Australian Parliament are sworn in on the first day of Federal Government in Canberra in 2008. An Australian government-commissioned report released on Tuesday, Nov. 30, revealed the alarming extent of sexual harassment among those working for some of its highest legislative and elected offices.
Mark Graham/AP
A new report from Australia has found that one in three people working for parliamentary offices in the country has been sexually harassed, detailing a widely concerning culture of abuse in Australia's highest governmental offices.
The 456 page report, commissioned by Australia's government, included interviews and surveys with more than 1,000 participants who are current and former employees in parliament.
Titled "Set the Standard," the report showed that women experienced a higher rate of sexual harassment, bullying and sexual assault than men. Forty percent of women experienced sexual harassment there compared to 26% of men. More people who identify as LGBTQ+ experienced harassment compared with than those who identify as heterosexual — 53% compared to 31%.
The report also found that 63% of female parliamentarians experienced sexual harassment, compared to 24% of male parliamentarians. The number is far higher than the national average of women who report being sexually harassed, which is 39%.
Approximately 1% of respondents reported experience of sexual assault, but the survey did not ask them to detail their experience.
The power dynamics at play
The report explores some of the root causes of a culture of sexual harassment. More than half of those who reported sexual harassment said it was coming from someone who had a more senior position than them. Of the people who said they had been bullied, more than 75% said it came from someone more senior than them.
Article continues after sponsor message

Respondents also noted that they didn't believe reporting instances of harassment and abuse would result in any change, and most said it would negatively impact their career and personal life. Only 11% of people who experienced sexual harassment reported it.
'Some people described feeling that the only options were to tolerate the misconduct or leave, rather than expecting that the misconduct could be addressed," the report said.
Massive #MeToo protests in Australia this year
The report detailing the extent of the culture of sexual misconduct in Australia's parliament comes just months after thousands protested in March in another wave of the #MeToo movement.
The protests were in part sparked by Brittany Higgins, a former staffer in parliament, who revealed she had been raped in a minister's office in 2019. Then, four more women came forward to say the same man raped them as well.
Thousands March In Australia As Another #MeToo Wave Hits The Country
WORLD
Thousands March In Australia As Another #MeToo Wave Hits The Country

At around the same time, it came to light that Australian Attorney General Christian Porter was accused of raping a 16-year-old girl when he was a teenager. The victim died by suicide last year. Porter denied the allegation.
"This isn't a political problem. This is a human problem," Higgins said at the protests in March. "We've all learned over the past few weeks just how common gendered violence is in this country. It's time our leaders on both sides of politics stop avoiding the public and side-stepping accountability. It's time we actually address the problem."

In EU and some advanced countries, if a husband forcefuly intercourse with wife, it is also considered rape, most of rapes happen in these countries by asian and africans.

Have you checked un reported cases in india, pakistan, bangladesh?
most of cases reported if victim is killed after rape, sexual harassment is also considered rape in EU and others,
in most cases in south asian countries do not get justice, they not arrested,and even after they released, when rapist families put pressure on victims family..

The Founding Fathers of Pakistan had and sometimes had to resort to communalism to advance the cause for Pakistan.
I have a different view. Communalism wasn't some necessary evil tolerated for the greater good of Pakistan. Iqbal was a communal first, with a interest in protecting the spirit of Islam, which included murder for publishing a blasphemous book. his interest in Pakistan is a vehicle for protecting his communalism was secondary.
as you can see from an earlier reply to my post, most people in Pakistan seem to agree in theory that Ilmuddin was at least somewhat justified in his actions because the British didn't properly do their legal duty of punishing the blasphemer. and they agree in theory that a death sentence for a "true" blasphemy is justified. you can gauge the implications. Iqbal was a true believer in this. he wasn't opportunistically using it to further some greater noble goal of protecting the economic and social rights of a marginalised group, he just genuinely believed that Ilmuddin was justified.
But after the Partition and well into Pakistan's history and I'd say up to 1979, Pakistan had eschewed the fanatic version of Islam which had plagued some Muslim countries such as Egypt or Afghanistan. Pakistan was (and to a large extent, still is) a Sufi-Islamic society.
the anti-Ahmadi riots are nearly as old as Pakistan itself. the Sufis in Punjab were, and still are at the forefront of that. it's been brewing since much earlier than 79. as I'm vaguely aware, Islamists were already playing a significant role in mainstream politics by the mid to late 60s.

the conception was communal, the inception was communal.

Just yesterday I was thinking about taking a trip back and seeing Pakistan and connecting again- and as if on cue it never fails to disappoint why it is a terrorist infested backwater hollow banana republic which no longer represents a piece of my life or who I am.
What is even more disturbing is that most of these goons Weren’t the usual bearded Shalwar and Turban wearing mob, most were wearing western clothing.
The rot is spreading.

Pakistan has working cyber crime laws.

Ok, Good,
How many families get justice, even news broke in media?

I am making some fun and you threatening me of cyber laws... lol

report me then, will they arrest me for this photo... lol

Ok, Good,
How many families get justice, even news broke in media?

I am making some fun and you threatening me of cyber laws... lol

report me then, will they arrest me for this photo... lol
threatening anyone with murder is not considered comedy. nobody needs to report, ai picks up the keywords.

Time and again this has happened, state has not properly addressed it and now we see this fitna spreading! From TLP goons burning public property at streets to this. Pakistan must de-fund all sort of religious gang groups who are working in cover of religious institutions. ISI must be provided further funds, we need to have informants in all major madrassas. We must monitor their fundings and the agendas they push. The type and quality of education they provide. This is embarrassing, disappointing, saddening and extremely pathetic! The state must devise a strategy and address extremist school of thoughts, crush or rehabilitate them! Or otherwise Pakistan is history. It appears that we are worse than a group of stray dogs, not a nation.

Back
Top Bottom