What's new

A New Look for Pakistani Gate on Wagha.

Green symbolises islam, yes. But it is an accidental symbolism, it is not based on any theological reasoning. It all started when the dome of the Prophet's mosque was painted green by the Fatimid rulers, and the colour has kind of stuck, since then.

Green was also our Prophet's favorite color.

Indians made modifications to their gate and because of that Pakistan Gate looked old and Small so this forced Pakistan to improve the gate on her side as well.

Both the pillars are slightly Higher than Indian Pillars and the World "ALLAH" is also Higher than Indian Symbols.

Is there ANYONE , i mean ANYONE here who's ashamed of our (indian and pakistani) mentality?

I am.

We dont have a prefrence on light but Gurdwara's them selves are usually white.
But Nankana Sahib is yellow and so is Panja Sahib at Hassan abdal.

It was just an observation friend.
Color is someone's own baby, you cant tell any one to like a specific color. Though colors do have significant place in religion and cultur.
Otherwise White is a wonderful color. :)

Is there ANYONE , i mean ANYONE here who's ashamed of our (indian and pakistani) mentality?

I am.

I hear ya man. It's silly to bash the design or color of the gate just because it's Pakistani. Afterall it just a gate, kudos to Pakistanis for designing it. :cheers:

Last edited:

I am.

am too...i mean if we copy.
went to wagah 5 years back...was laughing my a$$ off seeing the whole charade!
everybody was so patriotic...on both the sides...shouting slogans...i saw that on our side..there was a sign on which it was written something like.."the way to the biggest democracy is here"...i am not sure what it was...but the intention was to intimidate...in a gaudy way...
it's the classic "my dick bigger than yours" syndrome...very foolish and very much laughable.

Its suppose to be - a friendship and mutual respect symbol, i havent been there but many people told me about it. but See what have we made of our self. lool size race- if it keep goign liek this in a- few years we might breeak the tallest build structure record.
Might work in each others favor. we can fix our satellite sitting on top of these gates ??

no offense, but they should work on the dress first though, pak ranger dress looks way better then the khaki:cheers:.

Depends which side you are watching from. The dress the Rangers wear are worn by ladies in India.

In any case it does not matter, both the BSF & Rangers would surely wear their respective uniform.. so its ok.

I do not believe Metalfalcon disagreed with my views in the first post did he? You did, and you haven't as yet illustrated how exactly my point in thre first post was incorrect.

And what exactly is in the gate that is Saudi Arabia? Its been explained to you how it relates to the Pakistani flag, Islam and non-Muslims.

We are a Muslim nation, we make no bones about that, but that does not mean minorities are not welcome or should not be treated properly (which is what you were insinuating) - read the constitution of Pakistan and the objectives resolution.

The gate itself is lovely, especially the pillars, though I would have preferred the metal part of the gate have a mosque dome or minaret type top.

Sorry for being rude.

But I have to disagree with you AM.

Just go through threads and posts on this forum with open mind.

You will find lot of text trying to insult Hindus and Jews. And that too when the topic is not even remotely related to religion. Some people (e.g. Communist) have special skill in it. And others just get delighted and go on thanking these posts. Pakistanis hate India, alright. But why hate Hindus? There are Hindus in Pakistan.

I have reported many posts, but failed to spot any difference reporting made. Should I take it as mods also agree to these mean thoughts?

I believe that this forum represents intellectuals from Pakistan and views posted here are the views of common Pakistani people. So, please don't promise us the moon.

Sorry again and thanks.

Its suppose to be - a friendship and mutual respect symbol, i havent been there but many people told me about it. but See what have we made of our self. lool size race- if it keep goign liek this in a- few years we might breeak the tallest build structure record.
Might work in each others favor. we can fix our satellite sitting on top of these gates ??

Depends which side you are watching from. The dress the Rangers wear are worn by ladies in India.

In any case it does not matter, both the BSF & Rangers would surely wear their respective uniform.. so its ok.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Almost fell off my chair.......

Where did you get this from? I've not come across any Hadeeth or reference from any Sirah that mentions this. Please, enlighten me.

As he mentioned it was Prophet Mohammed (Peace be Upon Him) favorite color.
It like that when ever Hashimy Family men’s going to merry they wear the Green Imama only. And in the Days of Peace Green flag has been placed on the House of Center of the City.
Reference: Hyatt Al Quloob.
Qais.
:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom