What's new

A Muslim Woman who teaches Kirtan...

somethings are not applicable on everyone :)

Then stop please. You said earlier that nobody has the right to judge. Earlier on, you made that joke about Multani talking about Hijabi women.

How do you know he was being self-righteous? who knows? He may have been a great Muslim, and can talk about this stuff. I can't, the majority of women in my house don't do the Hijab stuff (on the account of that we grew up in Australia) and I'm not a great Muslim either.
then you must not have mentioned the out of context absurd example of Naik been banned in UK

I gave an example I knew.

of course it has got to do with religion but at least it has a good message (without going into theological debate) but you know some people just see everything from a lens of religion & that can be a problem :) :wave:

Okay, she is preaching Sikhism. Great for Sikhs. Why are you so happy?

I'm not angry at this lady. She probably grew up with a specific mindset, let her be. I am just discussing as to how exactly is she helping humanity by singing sikh songs?

Then stop please. You said earlier that nobody has the right to judge. Earlier on, you made that joke about Multani talking about Hijabi women.

I find it funny that some people get turned on by seeing hair, I will laugh at things i find funny

How do you know he was being self-righteous? who knows? He may have been a great Muslim, and can talk about this stuff. I can't, the majority of women in my house don't do the Hijab stuff (on the account of that we grew up in Australia) and I'm not a great Muslim either.

he can be whatever he wants to be as long as he don't judge people & their acts on the basis of what he believes

I gave an example I knew.
you knew half of the story

Okay, she is preaching Sikhism. Great for Sikhs. Why are you so happy?

I am not happy at she preaching Sikhism I am happy that she used her voice to create some harmony, Just stop judging her acts on the basis of what you believe :wave:
I'm done

Sikhism adopted some Islamic culture because Sikhism originated from Lahore and Lahore was the Mughal capital of Hindustan.

what do you ,mean by sikhism adopted Islamic culture ?? sikhism is absoloutely different from Islam. so dont even try to show them equal,not even a bit. keep you lecture limited to Islam.

Just because Sikh likes to dress and eat like Muslims doesn't make them mumin. I know what I said and I am very sure about my conclusion about Sikh.

whats it that sikhs dress like Muslims ?? women wearing burqa or Hijab ?? And what is it that sikhs eating habit are similar to Muslims ?? sikhs can eat pork,do you eat pork ??

he can be whatever he wants to be as long as he don't judge people & their acts on the basis of what he believes

we have been discussing jurisprudence throughout this thread, principles of it, priorities, [Islamic jurisprudence---> Islamic judgement on outer acts of human beings, which is Shariat]

not theology

How on earth can a Muslim know between wrong acts and right acts? If not by law

what do you ,mean by sikhism adopted Islamic culture ?? sikhism is absoloutely different from Islam. so dont even try to show them equal,not even a bit. keep you lecture limited to Islam.

whats it that sikhs dress like Muslims ?? women wearing burqa or Hijab ?? And what is it that sikhs eating habit are similar to Muslims ?? sikhs can eat pork,do you eat pork ??

well smoking is also a differance.

so does Alcohol along with Pork

Oh comeon - how does Zakir Naik come into a discussion about a Muslim woman singing Kirtans? It's really her business - if she wants to sing Nursery Rhymes - well then, that's her call.

In my opinion I think the women in question is misguided if she calls her self a muslim, and preaches the religiuous songs of Sikhism. She should instead teach the kids about Islam, and spend more time in memorising the Quran rather than the Kirtan. Oh well she will answer to God, in the day of judgement, in regards to her actions.

In my opinion I think the women in question is misguided if she calls her self a muslim, and preaches the religiuous songs of Sikhism. She should instead teach the kids about Islam, and spend more time in memorising the Quran rather than the Kirtan. Oh well she will answer to God, in the day of judgement, in regards to her actions.

very pathetic to hear from u.
u r saying that on judgement day god will ask her,y did u sing in praise me according to kirtan,y didnt u tried islamic songs.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:,god just see the love not the language of love.
even in sikh saints in earlier times used to have muslim followers.if god dont create differences in choosing muslim as his follower then who are u to ask the language in which a person wants to praise.

I don't get it!!!

I thought according to Muslims/Islam, Allah sent prophets throughout the ages of mankind, so ain't all the religious figures of all the known religions just prophets sending the same message? Ain't all the known religions Islam all but in name? (they are all Allah's prophets,no?)

Plz correct me!

very pathetic to hear from u.

I personally don't give a flying hoot if its pathetic....as I clearly stated that it was my opinion, so clean your glasses so that you can fully comprehend what the other person is trying to say.

u r saying that on judgement day god will ask her,y did u sing in praise me according to kirtan

Well as I said before her actions would be judged by God, but if we go by Islam, clearly singing the praise of another religion is most definelty wrong, and that too in a temple filled with Men, its haraam, as the song in question is based on idol worshipping or reincarnation. She wakes up every morning to memorise the Sikh scriputures, instead she should apply her self more to her Islamic studies. But like I said its my opinion and as its a forum, I'm just giving my views.

even in sikh saints in earlier times used to have muslim followers

Well those so called Muslims can't be called Muslims if they were following the Sikh saints, as they are Kufir. They should have instead followed and joined a imam.

I thought according to Muslims/Islam, Allah sent prophets throughout the ages of mankind, so ain't all the religious figures of all the known religions just prophets sending the same message

You are correct that Allah sent Prophets throughout the ages of Mankind, but obviously Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him) was the last, so Saints from Sikhism would not count, as that is 500 odd years old. So by her singing the praise of the Kirtan, she is actually wasting her energy into something in my opinion is giving her no reward. Instead she should study Islam more and try to memorise the Quran rather than the Kirtan. This is not a big issue, as its her business but as its a forum just giving my opinion, and I think she is wrong in this case.

^^
Typical self righteous attitude

Something happens in USA, you guys protest
Something happens in the Netherlands, you guys protest (and kill)
Something happens in India, you guys protest and give your self righteous advice

But of course your faith is the 'true' one right? Gives you a license to do anything I suppose

Back
Top Bottom