What's new

A Muslim Woman who teaches Kirtan...

even in movie Silent Waters (Khamosh panni) a sardarni converted to muslim used to teach muslim teaching to students!

I think people are finding it hard to differ in preaching and teaching. I dont think she is preaching sikhism but in fact teaching kirtans to students. If she wont be there some one else be there. She lives in a tolerant society for the mutual co operation and mutual respect for all religons. This would earn more good points for muslims only in the locality among sikhs.

I could never understand why people have hatred towards each other's religion. My muslim frnd's mom recorded a Bhajan, My Muslim and Sikh frnds go to temple with me and same was the case with me vice versa.

Last to last week I went to Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti's Dargah and then Pushkar. These all makes me to feel that how beautiful things are existing in this world and all this are meant for connecting people and not to disintegrate. Hence if some idiot says such people are mushrik or non believer then they are nothing but bigot and hypocrite. I am against to them and dont buy that

kirtan is part of Marathi and Hindu culture also!

I dont think he has a problem. He is just pointing out, as was the discussion in this thread, about the misunderstanding around this act of a Muslim preaching a non-Muslim faith.

What would be kudos is if she be teaching the Qurán al-kareem to the Sikhs in front of her, being a Muslim herself. Why is that not highlighted in the article?

I asked this question earlier.

She says she memorizes the granth, but the article did not mention she memorizes the Qurán al-Kareem, being a Muslim herself. Very strange.

How would you feel if some one marches in you're house and starts preching you Gita ?

kirtan is part of Marathi and Hindu culture also!

When Marathi became separate of Hindu culture.. Could you please shed some light on that.. or you want to rectify the mistake ;)

The thing about many muslim indians are that they live in a mixed society and their minds have been polluted by sikh,hindu, and other religious thoughts.Needles to say,they fail to impress other faiths by their deeds,instead they get influences because they are lame.

I once met a Muslim Indian who had a Hindu Girl friend,and for her he went to Mandir every shaniwaar,as he told me,and ate pork..Now i dont know if hindus eat pork or not,but thats what he told me.

I asked him if the Hindu GF also tries to follow Islam? He said no she is a devout Hindu..All i had to say to him was "shame on you".

Wow, polluted Indian mixed society huh. Can you enlighten me how pure Pakistan society is?

Originally Posted by safriz View Post
The thing about many muslim indians are that they live in a mixed society and their minds have been polluted by sikh,hindu, and other religious thoughts.Needles to say,they fail to impress other faiths by their deeds,instead they get influences because they are lame.

I once met a Muslim Indian who had a Hindu Girl friend,and for her he went to Mandir every shaniwaar,as he told me,and ate pork..Now i dont know if hindus eat pork or not,but thats what he told me.

I asked him if the Hindu GF also tries to follow Islam? He said no she is a devout Hindu..All i had to say to him was "shame on you".

Now why the hell any pure pakistani will go to US or any other place then to get polluted. Shame on You

Pakistani's in this discussion board are not being hard liners.....they are just following there religion. I don't want to sound offending but your religion may have innovation, but Islam can never change, and the women in question is not following the Sunnah as she is glorying the Sikh religion, and second that too in a idol worshipping temple, which was strongly disliked liked By the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him).

And May I know what is their "following" religion. Is A Pakistani's religion tells to saggregate Shia and Sunni? Is A Pakistani's religion tells to Blast on Sufi Shrines? Is a Pakistani's religion follows the "Ummah" and then divine different sect as "Muhajir" , "Pukhtoon", "Seraiki" etc?

The point is you are not religion's "thekedar".. What others do is none of your business unless they are crossing your path.

^

Of course, they are equally wrong. We never said that either things were right. Someone just decided to post this thread though.

^

Of course, they are equally wrong. We never said that either things were right. Someone just decided to post this thread though.

Actually I dont care what so called these Moral and religion Policeman does but I believe in only one religion and that is Humanity. If any religion (including mine) or religion follower (including me) does not accept it as primary rule then he is in first place hypocrite and non-believer of any religion.

When Marathi became separate of Hindu culture.. Could you please shed some light on that.. or you want to rectify the mistake
i meant that kirtan is one of the specialties of Marathi culture like bhajan and warkaris!

kirtan is sikh hymns

It is illegal for a Muslim in Shariat to engage in this activity, man or woman.

for both hindus and sikhs...hindus and sikhs have very similar religious practices...this is one of them common things

When Marathi became separate of Hindu culture.. Could you please shed some light on that.. or you want to rectify the mistake
i meant that kirtan is one of the specialties of Marathi culture like bhajan and warkaris!

I remember sitting in a lot of kirtans...and I have no marathi connection!
I don't understand this problem of having to marginalize things...why don't you scale things down to your town/village?

It's hard to believe people harbor so much hate for each other's religions. God knows where religions teach to reject and hate each other's religions

Not sure has this been posted before:

Translating Hindu epic in Urdu for communal harmony

VARANASI: While the entire nation is waiting anxiously for the Allahabad High Court verdict on the six-decade-old Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title suit, a local Muslim girl is busy translating Lord Ram's saga 'Ramcharitmanas' in Urdu, thus setting an example of communal harmony.

The verdict would be announced on Thursday by the Lucknow bench of the high court.

Nazneen, who hails from a weaver's family, said, "Whatever be the court's verdict, it should be respected by all. But one cannot deny that Ayodhya is the birthplace of Lord Ram."

He further said, "So far I have translated up to Sunderkand chapter of the epic in Urdu, and the work will be completed in one-and-a-half months."

Earlier, Nazneen had also translated the Hanuman Chalisa, one of the poetic creations of legendary poet Tulsidas in praise of Lord Ram's staunch devotee Hanuman, and Durga Chalisa (verses in praise of goddess Durga) in Urdu.

She said, "Even if the verdict comes in favour of Muslims, they should come forward generously to build a temple of Ram in Ayodhya. Islam never permits to build a mosque or offer namaz at a disputed site. Rama is not for Hindus only but his character is a source of inspiration and role model for the people of all communities."

Nazeen derives inspiration from writers and scholars of Mughal period like Abdul Qadir Badayuni, who had translated Ramayan and Mahabharat in Arabic and Persian during the period of the Mughal emperor Akbar.

A graduate from Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth (MGKV), Nazneen is the only qualified person in her family, living in Lallapura locality.

Her father Mohammed Siddiqi is a weaver. Her brother Mohammad Shahid is an embroidery artist.

It was not easy for her to pursue high studies, but it was her mother Shahidunnisa who encouraged and supported her.

Nazeen is associated with a local organisation, Vishal Bharat Sansthan, which works to educate ragpickers and street children, particularly girls.

Her efforts have encouraged a number of Muslim families to send their girls to schools.

"I am a true Muslim and strongly believe that there is no scope of hatred or enmity in any religion," said Nazneen, who along with other Muslim girls had also recited Hanuman Chalisa at famous Sankat Mochan Temple after the terrorist blast in 2006.

Nazneen wants to carry forward the remarkable work that Dara Shukoh, the eldest son of Mughal emperor Shah Jehan, had begun for promoting harmony between Hindus and Muslims in Varanasi about 350 years ago.

Read more: Translating Hindu epic in Urdu for communal harmony - The Times of India Translating Hindu epic in Urdu for communal harmony - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom