What's new

A layman's analysis on our last two MMRCA contenders

Thats exactly what mt guy told me & theres also a rumer that americans wont mind there engines & thats why GE 414 was selected for LCA-2 ,Thanks .

I think the better ques is will French mind loosing there market to the Americans :). And What are your views on French Snecma M88.

Since we are looking for strike aircraft, payload becomes extremely important.

therefore rafael seems to have an upper hand

I think the better ques is will French mind loosing there market to the Americans :). And What are your views on French Snecma M88.

i think Rafale is good plane but quite underpowered had it had a bigger nose with M88's producing around 90-95Kn the deal would have gone to them long ago , thanks .

@Somnath: Awesome thread. Can you please start your blogs (If your time permits). I have often seen you coming with such beautiful and Informative threads...

Laughing.jpg

Rafael is most favored fighter plane (As it has better A2G capability) but if EFT will come with better pricing, rafael may loose to it.

If both will come with same price, rafael wins (Coz India uses(and will use) Su30 MKI and MiG29 for Air superiority role later FGFA will take that position.... )
well i agree rafale has combat proven air to ground capabilties but eurofighter can also be a good air to ground fighter but it is not combat proven like rafale .But rafale can be a winner if they reduce their prices ,complete ToT with a helping habd in india's kaveri engine development & a secret agreement to transfer missile technology for this missile
ASMP(Air-Sol Moyenne Portée)
800px-SG1059332.JPG

Since we are looking for strike aircraft, payload becomes extremely important.

therefore rafael seems to have an upper hand

Seems to me that you are far more smarter than your name suggest.:tup:
Thanx for the post as I missed that point.

bhai ssara din isi pe laga rehta hai ke kuch aur bhi karta hai:rofl:
bhai as i am a dentist abhi 2 months baki hey internship ke toh mein adha time patient logoin muin mein haat gusha ta huin ,baki time iss kaam me deta huin kyun ke mera 3 things mein interset hey ,weapons ,bikes & B##### babes
smiley-laughing024.gif

Question-Is rafale better than the MKI in ground attack role ?

If not then why not Shift more MKIs to the ground attack role and Buy EFT due to its Far superior A2A capabilities ?

I think that is going to happen since the annoucement of Brahmos integration on the MKIs(Super Sukhoi).

I am open to any corrections in my thoght process about MRCA.Love EFT A2A capabilities though.

i think Rafale is good plane but quite underpowered had it had a bigger nose with M88's producing around 90-95Kn the deal would have gone to them long ago , thanks .

Well then I'll say lets give a tumbs up to the Kaveri with a core of M88 B2 as it wiil give us power of 90-98 kn with a wonderfull indegenious design.:bounce:
Regards :wave:

Successful firing test of AASM with laser terminal guidance offering 1-meter accuracy, against a high-speed moving target

Range 15km
off axis shooting angle : 90°
Stricking angle : 20°
target speed : 80km/h

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Freind ,
but as a top airforce official (wont ever disclose his name&rank) told that airforce is going for Rafale & in the later stages it will have GE 414 engine + some isrealy stuff with a few american wepons ,though i personally found it hillarius but the guy seemed to be pretty confident.....ps dont want to derail this thread but will certainly like comments from senior guys , Thanks .
well it may not be impossible but french are desperate for this deal as no country has bought this plane till date ,so if france wins it then it would be a big bonanaza for them

Question-Is rafale better than the MKI in ground attack role ?

If not then why not Shift more MKIs to the ground attack role and Buy EFT due to its Far superior A2A capabilities ?

I think that is going to happen since the annoucement of Brahmos integration on the MKIs(Super Sukhoi).

I am open to any corrections in my thoght process about MRCA.Love EFT A2A capabilities though.

NO currently MKI is not better then Rafale in strike role it may bcome after the integration of Zukh ae AESA radar and Brahmos But I have my doubts about it .
But why do want to shift MKI from A2A role its more agile then Typhoon and with better radar it can beat the hell out of Typhoon.Not to mention since it's aTwin seater and has more fuel cap it can monitor bigger radius .

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom