What's new

A layman's analysis on our last two MMRCA contenders

Very very nice article indeed..!! I never understood all these technologies which both these fighters have... I feel enlightened..!! :angel: :cheers:

But i still have some doubts about both these planes.. As almost everyone guns for Rafael and says IAF shud definitely choose it, but this article mentions the EFT to be better than Rafael in almost all the mentioned parameters....!! So y is everyone gunning for Rafael??!! And yea, looks of a fighter DO NOT matter..!!! :agree: :bounce:
All answers are welcome..!! :cheers:

Read post 21 and 23...

And Post number 29 As well...
We have already told , Instead of inferior A2A capability why We are chosing Rafael over EFT...

Thanks Freind ,
Its probabally the best thread ever on MMRCA on this forum Thanks Again , anyway personally i like Typhoon deu to its better radar & service cealing + better engines , but as a top airforce official (wont ever disclose his name&rank) told that airforce is going for Rafale & in the later stages it will have GE 414 engine + some isrealy stuff with a few american wepons ,though i personally found it hillarius but the guy seemed to be pretty confident.....ps dont want to derail this thread but will certainly like comments from senior guys , Thanks .

I think that official is wright as IAF always wanted to buy a french plane (Mirage in 2003 and Rafale now) the only probelm was the cost of their product. if you remember back in 2010 there were some rumors that rafale is out of competition as it hadn't met the requirements of IAF and in 2011 GOI chose Rafale and Typhoon(which happens to be Rafale's closest rival) as finalists of the deal all these stints were done by GOI to presurise French to bring down there products cost (my source is my freind's dad who happens to be the IA's representative in Def ministry back in 2010).

Its not impossible. The early prototypes of Rafale's used GE404 engines tha our LCA-MK1 uses.

If GE414 can be integrated to LCA, so it can on Rafale. But French are so much proud on their Snecma and we might see a more thrusty snechma engine or a kaveri -snecma in Rafale in some distant future.

I really doubt it as remember how much Drama French did last year when India was going for GE414 for LCA mk2 . French were asking GOI to wait for Kaveri but we didn't and yeah French has allready said that they would love to integrate Kaveri on their plane.

wait 4 2 days more!!

How about this 41 days to go for the Finale :)

Indian-MRCA-competition.jpg

:mps:Rafale Rafale Rafale :thinktank:

I really doubt it as remember how much Drama French did last year when India was going for GE414 for LCA mk2 . French were asking GOI to wait for Kaveri but we didn't and yeah French has allready said that they would love to integrate Kaveri on their plane.

BUt you know these jokers(baboos of MOD) kaveri is not good for there interests & moreso when IAF was looking for engines for LCA-2 why was eurojet 2000 was rejected then as if typhoon was on the cards .? did you get what i mean , Thanks .

And the corrupt congress (Pseudo Gandhi :angry:) are ever ready o take a cut in every things.
Going will not be easier of either of the company after winning the contract
exactly i got nothing more to say ,but lets hope for the best:enjoy:

Very very nice article indeed..!! I never understood all these technologies which both these fighters have... I feel enlightened..!! :angel: :cheers:

But i still have some doubts about both these planes.. As almost everyone guns for Rafael and says IAF shud definitely choose it, but this article mentions the EFT to be better than Rafael in almost all the mentioned parameters....!! So y is everyone gunning for Rafael??!! And yea, looks of a fighter DO NOT matter..!!! :agree: :bounce:
All answers are welcome..!! :cheers:

Simply bcoz we badly need a good, capable and true multi role fighter which is Rafale . If Brits would have send Tranche 3 instead of T2 Typhoon would have won Hands down but sadly thats not the case T3 will become reality only by 2018 . And there's one more thing most of the owners of Typhoon are going for F35 which is far more capable plane than typhoon so this is possible that all the partner countries would never go for Tranche 3 and in that case India will be left with no option but to pay alone for such a project (and unit cost will also be high) if we don't pay that much we will be left out with air superiority planes only (as T2 can not do strike missions properly) . But if we look at Rafale it will remain as a primary plane for French Air force till 2040 so no worries :cheers: And for now Typhoon don't have a working AESA radar.
Further ques are wellcome.

Bl[i]tZ;2249075 said:
10222011125410.jpg

This is an awesome pic.

This is how I view as IAF in the year 2020. Its seems our volatile neighborhood will continue to deteriorate and if one extrapolates the the current threat perceptions, I guess by 2020 we should have 40 FGFA (considering delivery starts in 2018 - 2 years after PAK FA goes into service with Russia and a production rate of 20 / year) and 272 Super 30 fighters (considering delivery to be completed by 2018) on the Chinese borders

while 51 Mirage-2000-5 Mk 2, 68 Mig29SMT and around 200 LCAs on Pak border.

IMO, 120 MMRCA (considering delivery starts in 2014 and a production line of 20 aircraft / year) should be split between our eastern and western neighbors since this is probably going to be the most advanced ground support fighter with the IAF.

Similarly, we can split our Jaguars this way.

Thoughts?
well u r right one more thing to add naval LCA
Naval+LCA.bmp

BUt you know these jokers(baboos of MOD) kaveri is not good for there interests & moreso when IAF was looking for engines for LCA-2 why was eurojet 2000 was rejected then as if typhoon was on the cards .? did you get what i mean , Thanks .

Yeah I got what you meant These jokers will not stop untill they'll eat all of our Nation.
On topic I think the best option would have been to integrate both LCA mk2 and Rafale with Kaveri.(simple reason less logistic probelms).
And Eurojet2000 was removed bcoz of poor planning of MOD :) But good thing is they atleast chose someone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to bharti kids that are trying to troll by bringing JF-17 in ....Bachi jao ja k fidder peo...I can flush this thread right now but I won't cuz I respect the hardwork of the OP..Why you little bharti dumbos want this thread to go down the drain? HECK ! Its an INDIAN thread... apnay mulk ka thread to chor do :no:
well brother i cant understand that leave that jf 17 issue from here
thanks for maintaining calm
REGARDS:enjoy:

in my opinion we should go for Typhoon because it is better overall + it has not cutting edge but bleeding edge technology that if we obtain will bolster our defense technology base lets remember that the MMRCA will benefit us in technology as well pick EFT because that is the best and our pilots only deserve the best not substandard crap (not saying that Rafale is substandard very very capable fighter)
well u r right but mate it has some cutting edge technology like STARWARS helmet display sysytems & STEALTHY radome & NEXT gen e CAPTOR aesa ,i agree it doesnt has an operational aesa yet like rafale

Simply bcoz we badly need a goo, capable and true multi role fighter which is Rafale . If Brits would have send Tranche 3 instead of T2 Typhoon would have won Hands down but sadly thats not the case T3 will become reality only by 2018 . And there's one more thing most of the owners of Typhoon are going for F35 which is far more capable plane than typhoon so this is possible that all the partner countries would never go for Tranche 3 and in that case India will be left with no option but to pay alone for such a project (and unit cost will also be high) if we don't pay that much we will be left out with air superiority planes only (as T2 can not do strike missions properly) . But if we look at Rafale it will remain as a primary plane for French Air force till 2040 so no worries :cheers: And for now Typhoon don't have a working AESA radar.
Further ques are wellcome.

Thats exactly what mt guy told me & theres also a rumer that americans wont mind there engines & thats why GE 414 was selected for LCA-2 ,Thanks .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom