What's new

A layman's analysis on our last two MMRCA contenders

he didn't know what is INDIA.....HE IS A JF-17 FAN.......being a JF-17 fan is really disappointing..

RUSSIAN CALL JF-17 AS REVERSE ENGINEERED MIG-21......IS THAT TRUE.............YES,IT WAS....
dont make me to ruin this thread :butcher:

ok u r right but it was just a last minute refresher for everyone :D

well brother which ever jet india choses i am happy ,but for god's sake i dont want any another great another congress 2G scam on this deal :fie:as it would further delay our MMRCA procurement

Dr. Somnath, I appreciate your effort and yes, your post was very very informative.
I'm also in unison with your fear as mentioned in the last line.
But more than that , it's the rival companies ( Americans and the loosing company) that may play the spoil sport.
As played by Singapore Kinamatics against US light weight howitzers, US playing against French Helicopters (?).
And the corrupt congress (Pseudo Gandhi :angry:) are ever ready o take a cut in every things.
Going will not be easier of either of the company after winning the contract

10222011125410.jpg

This is an awesome pic.

This is how I view as IAF in the year 2020. Its seems our volatile neighborhood will continue to deteriorate and if one extrapolates the the current threat perceptions, I guess by 2020 we should have 40 FGFA (considering delivery starts in 2018 - 2 years after PAK FA goes into service with Russia and a production rate of 20 / year) and 272 Super 30 fighters (considering delivery to be completed by 2018) on the Chinese borders

while 51 Mirage-2000-5 Mk 2, 68 Mig29SMT and around 200 LCAs on Pak border.

IMO, 120 MMRCA (considering delivery starts in 2014 and a production line of 20 aircraft / year) should be split between our eastern and western neighbors since this is probably going to be the most advanced ground support fighter with the IAF.

Similarly, we can split our Jaguars this way.

Thoughts?

Well if India's gonna spend money so why not spend it one time but get the best product? Like my father says :D

So I say go for Eurofighter ....Its a bit (well not bit but still) expensive than Rafael but it would be better for IAF..French would do everything they can to sell Rafael to you guys but its up to IAF/Indian state...they want kickbacks or they want quality?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to bharti kids that are trying to troll by bringing JF-17 in ....Bachi jao ja k fidder peo...I can flush this thread right now but I won't cuz I respect the hardwork of the OP..Why you little bharti dumbos want this thread to go down the drain? HECK ! Its an INDIAN thread... apnay mulk ka thread to chor do :no:

there is a choice we have to make now if IAF wants a air superiority fighter from this MMRCA fighter the obvious choice is EFT now if we want a strike fighter the obvious choice is Rafale

lets not forget the MMRCA competition was made to replace MiG-21's which serve(D) as the primary interceptor fighter in the IAF now the obvious choice to fit that role is EFT

in my opinion we should go for Typhoon because it is better overall + it has not cutting edge but bleeding edge technology that if we obtain will bolster our defense technology base lets remember that the MMRCA will benefit us in technology as well pick EFT because that is the best and our pilots only deserve the best not substandard crap (not saying that Rafale is substandard very very capable fighter)

@Somnath: Awesome thread. Can you please start your blogs (If your time permits). I have often seen you coming with such beautiful and Informative threads...

@Topic: Both Rafael and Typhoon are swing role fighters and both have passed the Indian requirement, I believe the buck stops at price. Last year There was competition between Eurojet and GE for LCA's Engine. Instead of Eurojet's excellent offer (Thrust vector) GE won. EJ lost the tender in pricing issue.

Rafael is most favored fighter plane (As it has better A2G capability) but if EFT will come with better pricing, rafael may loose to it.

If both will come with same price, rafael wins (Coz India uses(and will use) Su30 MKI and MiG29 for Air superiority role later FGFA will take that position.... )

@Somnath: Awesome thread. Can you please start your blogs (If your time permits). I have often seen you coming with such beautiful and Informative threads...

@Topic: Both Rafael and Typhoon are swing role fighters and both have passed the Indian requirement, I believe the buck stops at price. Last year There was competition between Eurojet and GE for LCA's Engine. Instead of Eurojet's excellent offer (Thrust vector) GE won. EJ lost the tender in pricing issue.

Rafael is most favored fighter plane (As it has better A2G capability) but if EFT will come with better pricing, rafael may loose to it.

If both will come with same price, rafael wins (Coz India uses(and will use) Su30 MKI and MiG29 for Air superiority role later FGFA will take that position.... )

Just as an addition to your post. I think the future upgrade package, ToT and the future development co-operation will be taken into consideration in addition to the price. I wouldn't be surprised if the lowest bidder does not win the contract.

lets not forget the MMRCA competition was made to replace MiG-21's which serve(D) as the primary interceptor fighter in the IAF now the obvious choice to fit that role is EFT

Sorry Bro, Let me correct your Information MMRCA is not to replace MiG21, But to replace/support MiG23 and Jaguar. LCA will replace MiG21

List of Indian Aircraft with their role..
1. Point defense role: MiG21 Will be replace by LCA
2. Ground attack ACs: Jaguar, M2000H and MiG23 It will be replace by MMRCA and Su30MKI. Mirage2000H will be converted into Multirole fighter.
3. Air superiority: Few Su30MKI and all MiG29, which will be replace and complemented by few PAK-FA.
4. Multi Role: Rest of Su30 MKI, MMRCA and upgraded M2000H, later AMCA and FGFA will join the party.

AirSuperiority Fighter: These planes are costliest and best. Not all Su30 MKI is Airsuperiority fighter. USAF use F22 and few F15 fr this role.
Point Defense: Its is cheapest fighter, The aim of this class is to intercept incoming hostile fighters.
Ground attack fighter: When Air superiority fighter have done its role by cleaning the enemy fighters and Multi role have cleaned the SAMs the Ground attack fighters are used to destroy the Enemy Infrastructure...
Multi Role Fighter: This is second costliest fighter, They have good A2A and A2G capability.

EFT is good for Air superiority role which we don't want. We are looking to replace our Ground attack fighter by Multi role fighter. Rafel fit best in it, as It has good ground capability...

wait 4 2 days more!!

Thanks Freind ,
Its probabally the best thread ever on MMRCA on this forum Thanks Again , anyway personally i like Typhoon deu to its better radar & service cealing + better engines , but as a top airforce official (wont ever disclose his name&rank) told that airforce is going for Rafale & in the later stages it will have GE 414 engine + some isrealy stuff with a few american wepons ,though i personally found it hillarius but the guy seemed to be pretty confident.....ps dont want to derail this thread but will certainly like comments from senior guys , Thanks .

I'm okay with any of two EF or Rafale....

I'm happy that F series is out.....

May IAF prefer Rafale coz of less American weapons & Tech.

Great work Sommi bhai :tup: This is the best and the most informative thread I found on MMRCA in any of the def forums.

Thanks Freind ,
Its probabally the best thread ever on MMRCA on this forum Thanks Again , anyway personally i like Typhoon deu to its better radar & service cealing + better engines , but as a top airforce official (wont ever disclose his name&rank) told that airforce is going for Rafale & in the later stages it will have GE 414 engine + some isrealy stuff with a few american wepons ,though i personally found it hillarius but the guy seemed to be pretty confident.....ps dont want to derail this thread but will certainly like comments from senior guys , Thanks .

Its not impossible. The early prototypes of Rafale's used GE404 engines tha our LCA-MK1 uses.

If GE414 can be integrated to LCA, so it can on Rafale. But French are so much proud on their Snecma and we might see a more thrusty snechma engine or a kaveri -snecma in Rafale in some distant future.

Well if India's gonna spend money so why not spend it one time but get the best product? Like my father says :D

So I say go for Eurofighter ....Its a bit (well not bit but still) expensive than Rafael but it would be better for IAF..French would do everything they can to sell Rafael to you guys but its up to IAF/Indian state...they want kickbacks or they want quality?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to bharti kids that are trying to troll by bringing JF-17 in ....Bachi jao ja k fidder peo...I can flush this thread right now but I won't cuz I respect the hardwork of the OP..Why you little bharti dumbos want this thread to go down the drain? HECK ! Its an INDIAN thread... apnay mulk ka thread to chor do :no:

First of all thanx for opinion .But a little correction this deal is not about buying the best plane but buying the plane which suits our requirement the most.Now if you look at our inventory you will find that their are many diff kinds of air supperiority planes but what IAF really lacks is a decent strike plane and this is where a requirement for Rafale comes. A best Air force is not that which kicks the hell out of its enemies' Air force but both air and ground forces.

And dude its Bhartiy or Bhartiya not Bharti.

Very very nice article indeed..!! I never understood all these technologies which both these fighters have... I feel enlightened..!! :angel: :cheers:

But i still have some doubts about both these planes.. As almost everyone guns for Rafael and says IAF shud definitely choose it, but this article mentions the EFT to be better than Rafael in almost all the mentioned parameters....!! So y is everyone gunning for Rafael??!! And yea, looks of a fighter DO NOT matter..!!! :agree: :bounce:
All answers are welcome..!! :cheers:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom