What's new

A Kid One Slingshot Three Policemen

Who is a Pakistani? What is your sense of historical identity.

Can you please answer my question?

@User @Spring Onion @Areesh please feel free to jump in.

Every Nation owns three identities

1. National Identity and

2. Historical Identity
3. Religious Identity

So do we.

1. Any national citizen irrespective of faith is a Pakistani

2. Our sense of historical Identity is IVC and adjoining rich history BUT

It is unfortunate that our academic sector is poorest to a level that we are producing only professionals who can earn salaries and hence these elite and poor both babus and bosses do not have any taste for history. Unfortunately the academics are limited to only 1947 and onward.

BUT this does not negate our historical background.

3. Islam is our ideology of the majority in Pakistan same as Hinduism is for majority in India.

Now come to the confusion or misconception of who we relate to a Pakistani and as Indian in both countries is result of paranoia on both sides. For example

In India a Muslim generally is presumed as loyal towards Pakistan (which is a misconception Indeed), Many Muslims in particular state are considered Bangladeshis.

In Pakistan when they talk about Hindus generally they perceived them as Indians (which is misconception Indeed).

Yes I read your post. And yes I can read English.

Where was Pakistan before 1947? And what sort of history do your kids learn in school? And how far back do they go? These were my questions.

Ancient Pakistan has rich history then ancient India :) Period.

As far as our kids studying well unfortunately we are fked up and we only study to get jobs and study of history does not fetch you jobs

2. Our sense of historical Identity is IVC and adjoining rich history BUT

It is unfortunate that our academic sector is poorest to a level that we are producing only professionals who can earn salaries and hence these elite and poor both babus and bosses do not have any taste for history. Unfortunately the academics are limited to only 1947 and onward.

BUT this does not negate our historical background.

Thank you brother. I am re-entering this thread because of you. Hope again people will not come in baying for my head saying I am trolling.

We in India study IVC all the way to Mughal and Maratha era. Not too much on British colonial rule. Maybe it is too fresh in our collective memory to still rankle. I do not know. It was an optional section for me either way. I did not bother studying it due to pressure of other big papers. One studies to a plan and where a section offers choice that allws you to leave out big chunks safely, one makes a conscious choice.

Any way. I digress. Yes, what is Pakistan today, by a happy quirk of historical and geographical coincidental fate, was also the major chunk of the IVC. But the IVC disappeared. Vanished. Not a trace except what we have unearthed. The general consensus being they were Dravidians, who were pushed inland south by south east by migrating Aryans. The only possible remnants genetically probably being the Brahui (sp?) and some Baloch tribes.

Then after the IVC, to 1947, a lot happened.

Has that been blanked out? Completely?

Someone here said, we are Turks, we are Persians, we are Arabs. I find in my interactions that when you push this line deeper, the narrative becomes a bit vague on shaky scientific and historical plinths, but the person responding invariably belongs to one of the exceptional Turk or Persian or Arab stock.

Again it may be coincidental that I have always by a difficult to explain mathematical twist of chance always come up against only those Pakistanis who are so genetically linked. Maybe PDF would be different. Who knows? Stranger things have happened?

I did. I did not get my answer.

Who is a Pakistani?

I am an Indian. I come from an ancient land, an ancient people, an ancient culture.

Who are you? Who is a Pakistani?

what is ancient ?, is this adam

you said ancient ?
indian ancient are
indus valley civilisatio,
indo aryans,or
vedic culture , so my dear ho you to belong yourself to this ancestry as a muslim ???
nice

you said ancient ?
indian ancient are
indus valley civilisatio,
indo aryans,or
vedic culture , so my dear ho you to belong yourself to this ancestry as a muslim ???
nice

Of course. I did not fall on to this land from a spacecraft brother.

I am of this land. Not from Persia or Turkey or Arabia. THIS land. India.

Thank you brother. I am re-entering this thread because of you. Hope again people will not come in baying for my head saying I am trolling.

We in India study IVC all the way to Mughal and Maratha era. Not too much on British colonial rule. Maybe it is too fresh in our collective memory to still rankle. I do not know. It was an optional section for me either way. I did not bother studying it due to pressure of other big papers. One studies to a plan and where a section offers choice that allws you to leave out big chunks safely, one makes a conscious choice.

Any way. I digress. Yes, what is Pakistan today, by a happy quirk of historical and geographical coincidental fate, was also the major chunk of the IVC. But the IVC disappeared. Vanished. Not a trace except what we have unearthed. The general consensus being they were Dravidians, who were pushed inland south by south east by migrating Aryans. The only possible remnants genetically probably being the Brahui (sp?) and some Baloch tribes.

Then after the IVC, to 1947, a lot happened.

Has that been blanked out? Completely?

Someone here said, we are Turks, we are Persians, we are Arabs. I find in my interactions that when you push this line deeper, the narrative becomes a bit vague on shaky scientific and historical plinths, but the person responding invariably belongs to one of the exceptional Turk or Persian or Arab stock.

Again it may be coincidental that I have always by a difficult to explain mathematical twist of chance always come up against only those Pakistanis who are so genetically linked. Maybe PDF would be different. Who knows? Stranger things have happened?

First of all you can call me sister.

Now Since am in hurry so I would respond to IVC related points later in detail.
Many things blanked out because of lack of interests on the part of academics and parents and students. I can tell you that the history books taught at higher levels in educational institutions in my province are 99% written by foreigners including Indians. Even many science books we study here in my province at intermediate and Post-graduate level are authored by Indians.

THirdly as far as Arab,Turk and Persian bloodlines well YES we here in Pakistan do have them due to migration of these people either for preaching or historical invasions. I feel many elites in Pakistan with Hindu ancestors get irritated by this fact and they try to negate their existence and make fun of them but in my personal opinion it is fault of these majority of Pakistanis specially of those elites who have Hindu ancestors but they instead of appreciating their rich historical background shy away from taking pride.

It is not the fault of those few thousands Pakistanis having Turk,Persian and Arab linage.

Of course. I did not fall on to this land from a spacecraft brother.

I am of this land. Not from Persia or Turkey or Arabia. THIS land. India.

so don't use ancient ,
indian ancestry is
indus valley civilisation,
indo aryans,or
vedic culture

so don't use ancient ,
indian ancestry is
indus valley civilisation,
indo aryans,or
vedic culture

That is ancient enough no? That is recorded history. History we have some tangible scientifically corroborated proof of.

Before that I have no idea. Do you?

First of all you can call me sister.

Now Since am in hurry so I would respond to IVC related points later in detail.
Many things blanked out because of lack of interests on the part of academics and parents and students. I can tell you that the history books taught at higher levels in educational institutions in my province are 99% written by foreigners including Indians. Even many science books we study here in my province at intermediate and Post-graduate level are authored by Indians.

THirdly as far as Arab,Turk and Persian bloodlines well YES we here in Pakistan do have them due to migration of these people either for preaching or historical invasions. I feel many elites in Pakistan with Hindu ancestors get irritated by this fact and they try to negate their existence and make fun of them but in my personal opinion it is fault of these majority of Pakistanis specially of those elites who have Hindu ancestors but they instead of appreciating their rich historical background shy away from taking pride.

It is not the fault of those few thousands Pakistanis having Turk,Persian and Arab linage.

Honestly sister, you are like a breath of fresh air.

Now you and @User bhai have both got a committed fan.

That is ancient enough no? That is recorded history. History we have some tangible scientifically corroborated proof of.

Before that I have no idea. Do you?

well history is not in your favour that you don't want to accept . ANCIENT:no:

The name India is derived from Indus, which originates from the Old Persian word Sindhi.[24]
The latter term stems from the Sanskrit word Sindhu, which was the historical local appellation for the Indus River.[25] The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), which translates as "The people of the Indus".[26]

The geographical term Bharat (Bhārat, pronounced [ˈbʱaːrət̪] ( listen)), which is recognised by the Constitution of India as an official name for the country,[27] is used bymany Indian languages in its variations. It is a modernisation of the historical name Bharatavarsha, which gained increasing currency from the mid-19th century onwards as a native name of India.[21]

Don't be bashful bhai. Quality and pedigree always shines through. A rose will remain a rose, whether it is Indian or Turk or Persian or Arab or Iraqi.

well history is not in your favour that you don't want to accept . ANCIENT:no:

The name India is derived from Indus, which originates from the Old Persian word Sindhi.[24]
The latter term stems from the Sanskrit word Sindhu, which was the historical local appellation for the Indus River.[25] The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), which translates as "The people of the Indus".[26]

The geographical term Bharat (Bhārat, pronounced [ˈbʱaːrət̪] ( listen)), which is recognised by the Constitution of India as an official name for the country,[27] is used bymany Indian languages in its variations. It is a modernisation of the historical name Bharatavarsha, which gained increasing currency from the mid-19th century onwards as a native name of India.[21]

Bhai please. I am a science student. Aap mujhe doosre subject padhne pe majboor na karo. Aish ki zindagi kat rahi hai yahan.

Koi History professor to hoga yahan PDF par? Usko pakdo! Tang karo.

Don't be bashful bhai. Quality and pedigree always shines through. A rose will remain a rose, whether it is Indian or Turk or Persian or Arab or Iraqi.

Well thank you :ashamed: actually nobody gave me this much love and attention on this forum before, bahi is really senti right now with all those tears running down on face full of hair. You made me cry brother :D

Anyways on a serious note I would like to share a memory from my middle years at school. One of my favorite teachers once told me something that I could never forget. Actually it happened like that there was another student who was newbie and that teacher had started praising him too and that sort of made me jealous and uncomfortable, one day that teacher gave us an assignment to do, and that new student he after sometime came sat next to me and started copying it from my note book, me being filled with jealousy found that to be perfect time to approach the teacher and inform him how that student had copied it all from me and blah blah ............... the teacher listened to me and then called that other student looked at him and then he turned to me and asked me "What would you do if you saw a diamond in a heap of garbage" I said I will pick it up because diamond is diamond whether its in the garbage or its in the jewelry shop. To this teacher said copy all good things that you can irrespective of whether whatever the source is.

Well thank you :ashamed: actually nobody gave me this much love and attention on this forum before, bahi is really senti right now with all those tears running down on face full of hair. You made me cry brother :D

Anyways on a serious note I would like to share a memory from my middle years at school. One of my favorite teachers once told me something that I could never forget. Actually it happened like that there was another student who was newbie and that teacher had started praising him too and that sort of made me jealous and uncomfortable, one day that teacher gave us an assignment to do, and that new student he after sometime came sat next to me and started copying it from my note book, me being filled with jealousy found that to be perfect time to approach the teacher and inform him how that student had copied it all from me and blah blah ............... the teacher listened to me and then called that other student looked at him and then he turned to me and asked me "What would you do if you saw a diamond in a heap of garbage" I said I will pick it up because diamond is diamond whether its in the garbage or its in the jewelry shop. To this teacher said copy all good things that you can irrespective of whether whatever the source is.

Bhai waah. Khush ho gaya yeh story sunkar.

When you say "praising him too" you are alluding to the unspoken fact that before newbie came, you were teacher's pet? :D

I always used to be somewhere to the back. Partly because of my height, mainly because I was not too eager to be asked uncomfortable questions. (a habit that continues to this day)

Back
Top Bottom