What's new

A Forum Post regarding the Danger of Helping India Upgrading its Infrastructure

conworldus

Reaction score
ÀϹ㣺°ïÖúÓ¡¶È»ù½¨ÊǷdz£¶ÌÊÓµÄÐÐΪ_ÑÇÖÞÓë̫ƽÑóµØÇø_³¯Ê¥É½Ö®Ë¼¡ª±±´ó·¨ÖÎÑо¿ÖÐÐÄ

I don't want to translate everything because it is very long. For our Chinese friends here are some quotes for you:

"If India's rail system is at China's level, Pakistan will be as good as dead".

Another point is that vast infrastructure upgrade requires dollar or Euro. India can issue as much as RS bonds as it wishes, but no foreign company will take them. It must tap into its small forex reserve. Or alternatively India may issue dollar denominated bonds, but its sovereign credit rating is quite pathetic being only a few notch from "junk rating". So, China is India's only realistic option because China also offers financing. So, China has delievered fast construction, financing, low price and quality infrastructure to India and in return, has received only animosity, fraud, etc.

China should just leave India and give this pie to western companies instead. They will charge twice and even three times China's price, hire a host of maids and servents and live like kings in India. Chinese engineers on the other hand just want to get out. No one wants to actually live in India.

Also to add, we are not making a lot of profit there in India. The profit is so small because we compete our prices down to death. The Indian know it and they always lowball the price to Chinese companies, while setting up lots of traps in the contracts.

Conclusion:
1. No more financing to Indian projects. Let the buyers get their own financing.
2. Limit number of Chinese companies that can bid on one projects. Thus remove the self-defeating price competition
3. Lower the efficiency. No need to build things so fast beacuse western companies can NEVER build things so fast so why bother. Save the efficiency for domestic projects.
4. Absolutely no rail and road projects. Western companies can have them.
5. Limit power plant projects. Same to western companies.

Western companies will earn much more profit in India than Chinese companies. We should just recognize that as a fact and leave it be. There are many other markets in the world we should be focusing on.

More projects to Pakistan, :pakistan:Nepal, etc. There are far more economic benefit.

Last edited:
it's not the chinese who make decisions. it's the government. so rather than wasting time on here, better go to government office and ask him/them to do what you want him to do.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

i am sure he will gladly accept your request. :cheers:

it's not the chinese who make decisions. it's the government. so rather than wasting time on here, better go to government office and ask him/them to do what you want him to do.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Pretty sure that the construction companies are the ones in charge here.

Saddly the government is quite short sighted sometimes. The Chinese government is too eager to develop "friendship" with India. The Indians don't feel the same way. They see us as the obstruction for them to dominate.

Saddly the government is quite short sighted sometimes. The Chinese government is too eager to develop "friendship" with India. The Indians don't feel the same way. They see us as the obstruction for them to dominate.

I think the CCP is doing the right thing.

What's the point of stirring up a conflict when there is no benefit to be gained.

it's because of how china behave sometimes. clearly, china has improved relations with Pakistan through military, which offends India.

can't say that India is wrong on that.

I am not for conflict, but I am defnitely for "less" engagement and economic exchange if there is no benefit. We are not in the business of being India's benefactor.

I'm sure the CCP has weighed the pros and cons of any such actions.

China's great power is the Economy. The more economic leverage we have, the stronger our position is.

Well if there is good profit to be made and both sides benefit from the exchange I don't see why the government would stop them.:pop:

So you were wrong before when you said,

"Pretty sure that the construction companies are the ones in charge here. "

Wow insecurities, dude nothing is going to stop India from building the infrastructure. We have already built some roads, upgraded airports (almost all of them close to done).We will be spending 1 trillion on infrastructure in next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom