What's new

China offers to finance 30 per cent of India’s infrastructure development plan

Not so fast. You can't simply use a few derogatory comments on me like ''*** kissing'', and then request me not to respond. That's called last wordism. You ought to understand that saying the truth is not *** kissing. You have indulged in this accusation in the past as well, when I made a positive remark about Britain, that I am an *** kisser for the British. Learn not to put labels on people as a substitute for countering their claim. Note that I did not call you names or attack you personally, I only countered your post. I could have stooped to your level and called you a deluded chinese, instead of offering a lengthy rebuttal. And then asked you not to respond.

I don't mind being wrong, but I would prefer not having to deal with your highly annoying attitude towards everything, even your own country.

And this has nothing to do with you being an Indian, I respect Indians who are patriotic, not ***-kissers for the West.

Goodbye, I hope never to have to talk to you again. :lol:

I don't mind being wrong, but I would prefer not having to deal with your highly annoying attitude towards everything, even your own country.

And this has nothing to do with you being an Indian, I respect Indians who are patriotic, not ***-kissers for the West.

Goodbye, I hope never to have to talk to you again. :lol:

That's quite easy. Use the 'ignore' button.

Meanwhile, yet another post that is nothing but a personal attack. Stay classy.

Now I guess we can (finally) get back to discussing the topic.

Does anyone have any information on prior Chinese investments in India's infrastructure sector? Off the top of my head, I remember that we built the fleet of trains for the Mumbai metro, has anybody ridden in them?

Does anyone have any information on prior Chinese investments in India's infrastructure sector? Off the top of my head, I remember that we built the fleet of trains for the Mumbai metro, has anybody ridden in them?

Gurgaon Metro rolling stock, thermal power stations (privately owned one's).

The Vedanta one built in Talwandi Sabo and Orissa by SEPCO were built with a few hundred Chinese staffers along with the local ones.

This is not about money.

Japan and the West invested in China because it was -- and remains -- one of the most logical places to invest, offering high ROI. This is simply not the case with India, since many other countries are far better bets and attract more FDI -- especially as a percent of their GDP.

This offer is about buying influence and, unlike Japanese money, Chinese money has to battle against outstanding India-China issues.

Exactly. You know it's a bad deal for China because most indians here agree with it. Sometimes I think Chinese believe that problems can buy solve simply by using "money."

Exactly. You know it's a bad deal for China because most indians here agree with it. Sometimes I think Chinese believe that problems can buy solve simply by using "money."

You can't blame Indians; everyone would welcome FDI.

Also, this can be seen positively as a genuine effort by China to extend an olive branch to India for friendship. History would record that, at least, China made the effort.

India has too much pride for their own good. Sure, keep China away from the contested border areas but for the rest of India, infrastructure investment is badly needed and China has the cash reserves and know-how to get it done quickly.

I guess no decision will be made until after the Indian elections.

Congress has already rejected several of our investment offers before.

The offer would most likely be accepted only under a BJP majority government in India. Those guys are much more business friendly.

Of course, no decisions will be made now, the government goes into a state of limbo a couple of months before the elections,

The congress party is a confused one - they over extend themselves trying to cater to everyone's whims and fancies and in the end showing scarcely anything noteworthy as achievement.

BJP is pro FDI, pro investment, pro business and I suspect pro China as well, and NAMO is a fan of China( in a good way) - I think there will be a new kind of swing in Indo China relations (if all factors permit) if BJP comes to power.

China spending money to develop Indian infrastructure is a short-term thinking which will backfire in the long term.

Ding ding ding!
Give this man a cigar!

You are the only one who figured out China's real motive in all this. It has nothing to do with keeping Chinese factories busy or diverting Chinese reserves.

Of Course give me a Cigar Sir Ji :D

You can't blame Indians; everyone would welcome FDI.

Also, this can be seen positively as a genuine effort by China to extend an olive branch to India for friendship. History would record that, at least, China made the effort.

Aren't we always the ones extending an olive branch?

Zhou Enlai made an offer to India in 1960, to swap recognition of AP for recognition of Aksai Chin. Do you know how difficult it is for any Chinese to offer a compromise on our territory? Yet we did it anyway, because we had much bigger enemies to worry about (USA + Soviets), not to mention we were in the middle of the worst famine in our entire history (the Great leap forward).

Nehru rejected that incredibly generous offer, and instead started the Forward Policy against us, setting up Indian military outposts NORTH of the McMahon line, the place where India does not actually claim any land! That was the start of the Sino-Indian War, and despite our famine (and the enmity of the two superpowers) we managed to succeed.

Of course now they paint it as "Chinese aggression" (even though their own historians blame Nehru).

History will remember it was us who offered to compromise, same then, same now. And if India chooses to reject our offer again (which is very likely), they won't have anyone else to blame for their own problems.

Zhou Enlai made an offer to India in 1960, to swap recognition of AP for recognition of Aksai Chin. Do you know how difficult it is for any Chinese to offer a compromise on our territory? Yet we did it anyway, because we had much bigger enemies to worry about (USA + Soviets), not to mention we were in the middle of the worst famine in our entire history (the Great leap forward).

Nehru rejected that incredibly generous offer, and instead started the Forward Policy against us, setting up Indian military outposts NORTH of the McMahon line, the place where India does not actually claim any land! That was the start of the Sino-Indian War, and despite our famine (and the enmity of the two superpowers) we managed to succeed.

Of course now they paint it as "Chinese aggression" (even though their own historians blame Nehru).

History will remember it was us who offered to compromise, same then, same now. And if India chooses to reject our offer again (which is very likely), they won't have anyone else to blame for their own problems.

Problem with India is that it's institutionally corrupt from the top down.

It's the fault of everyone else, except Indians.

That's why they barely progress as a country and as people.

They also have a very backward culture (caste system).

No one blames Nehru for aggression rather lack of it,he is blamed for not handling the situation,he never listened to the military,he never took the chinese buildup seriously beliving china will never attack us.

Nehru’s Juvenile Delusions and his 1962 China Blunder | Indian Realist

Back
Top Bottom