What's new

A Forum Post regarding the Danger of Helping India Upgrading its Infrastructure

It is really easy to make a comment on the India infrastructure sitting in front of a computer.... almost ignoring the fact that it was a foot bridge which collapsed due to a faulty coupling supplied by a company in England.

Please don't quote the Bhopal disaster in this context... many people will have objection to the emotional nature of the incident and its out of context reference here. Anyways... it was an industrial disaster.... not an infrastructure one and it was way back in '84.

The Bhopal gas accident was indeed a failure of engineers at the company. I won't say too much, as I agree that it is an emotional issue. What I'm saying is, maybe people shouldn't say that "Indian engineers are so superior to Chinese ones" when there's plenty of Indian failures.

The Bhopal gas accident was indeed a failure of engineers at the company. I won't say too much, as I agree that it is an emotional issue. What I'm saying is, maybe people shouldn't say that "Indian engineers are so superior to Chinese ones" when there's plenty of Indian failures.

People are not trying to say that...you are interpreting them in the wrong way... all we are trying to say is that we can do without the Chinese help as well... as we have been doing so far. It really doesn't prevent us from building our infrastructure, albeit might be at a slower pace.

If you are adamant on India's failures... have a look at the mining industry deaths in China.

Peace out...

How Bhopal accident an Engineering failure? If you're referring the lack of security measures, then it was deliberate. UC set up the plant in 3rd world country only to bypass the tough security measures they had to implement in US or Europe.

It's totally not related to the topic in hand and can be taken as potshot at best!

If you ask me, India and China need each other to become a world power. Just look at the West. Pretty much all Western countries work together; why can't the Asian countries also work together?

interesting. we should make all our infrastructure to indian standards. the bridge during CWG was a great example of indian engineering. so was the bhopal gas disaster.

Do you really want me to start posting images of collapsing buildings in Shanghai and other places, and call it the 'Communist method of population control', and 'Chinese engineering at its best'?

Do you really want me to start posting images of collapsing buildings in Shanghai and other places, and call it the 'Communist method of population control', and 'Chinese engineering at its best'?

this is a game with no end. i can reply: deaths caused by those incidents, 0, deaths caused by bhopal, 15000. then you'll talk about mining accidents. i'll talk about starvation, then we'll be back to toilets and democracy.

Back
Top Bottom