What's new

A Forum Post regarding the Danger of Helping India Upgrading its Infrastructure

oceanX, i can perfectly see where you come from. :lol:

My overestimation of China's infras help to India? NOT AT ALL!

btw, English nowadays , and even USA, can't do world class infras on a mass scale: with expertise though, but no enough money, no enough man power and will power". England's infras largely sucks.

East Asians can do world class infras. But Japan, S Korea and Singapore are nowhere near to be able to handle India's scale and requirements.

Plus, I don't see South Koreans are building up roads, power stations and highways of North Korea any time soon, under the assumption that "if I don't do it for them, someone else will. " :rofl:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with building infrastructure.

I assure you, China will handle it. There is no way in the world China will make India even more so a threat than it already is. Unless they suddenly start hating on Pakistan for reasons I know not of. But you never know.

I would have had the choice, I would rather take USA's help in doing Infrastructure projects. USA has good experience in building great bridges and planning roads, tunnels etc. The design and planning is main aspect which they can lead and labor India has plently, some training needs for labours can easily be provided. Similar options can be explored with other countries.

But what eventually will happen is Chinese will work, provide the trainings for India. No matter how much you shout, the chinese jump to all opportunity to provide cheap work. So they will, I have seen lot of interviews of chinese workers on Indian channels.

i feel sorry for the Chinese infras workers in India. ...sign!

btw, English nowadays , and even USA, can't do world class infras on a mass scale: with expertise though, but no enough money, no enough man power and will power". England's infras largely sucks.

East Asians can do world class infras. But Japan, S Korea and Singapore are nowhere near to be able to handle India's scale and requirements.

Plus, I don't see South Koreans are building up roads, power stations and highways of North Korea any time soon, under the assumption that "if I don't do it for them, someone else will. " :rofl:

you still dont get it ...dont you?......the US and the west has the expertise and we will provide the money for projects in India...and also the man power.....all we need is the expertice and tech.....

and India is gonna spend 1 trillion$ for Infra in the next 5 yrs so we will have the projects going at a faster rate when we have different projects comming up at the same time-hence a lot of different infrastructure development firms are gonna get work in India.....and ike I said if Chinese companies dont come ..they are the ones who are losing out on the opportunity and if they come they get paid for it and they are doing us any favour.......

Woah, impetuous trolling...

Can we at least link Chinese infrastructure projects in India to defense...?

i feel sorry for the Chinese infras workers in India. ...sign!
Oh boy this guy... :hitwall:

See if you are so unhappy with your govt planning on investments in India, go and complain to your govt... why rant here quoting from a blog.

Clearly this blog looks like the opinion of a single guy unhappy with the govt. and maybe Wen Jiabao.

Even the Beijing Olympic stadiums are designed by western experts do not say China has it all :sniper:

i guess only 0.0099 % people are ok with the bloggers. the business or growth model ofchina is to provide the decent quality goods and services at a very low price and in a efficient way. that is basically they do. now some scums want them not to do that then god helps them.

this information for few (1 or 2) who thinks nobody else can do

DMIC
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor

Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is a mega infra-structure project of USD 90 billion with the financial & technical aids from Japan, covering an overall length of 1483 KMs between the political capital and the business capital of India, i.e. Delhi and Mumbai.

A MOU was signed in December 2006 between Vice Minister, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Government of Japan and Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP). A Final Project Concept was presented to both the Prime Ministers during Premier Abe’s visit to India in August 2007.

Finally Government of India has announced establishing of the Multi-modal High Axle Load Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai, covering an overall length of 1483 km and passing through the six States - U.P, NCR of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra, with end terminals at Dadri in the National Capital Region of Delhi and Jawaharlal Nehru Port near Mumbai. Distribution of length of the corridor indicates that Rajasthan (39%) and Gujarat (38%) together constitute 77% of the total length of the alignment of freight corridor, followed by Haryana and Maharashtra 10% each and Uttar Pradesh and National Capital Region of Delhi 1.5 % of total length each. This Dedicated Freight Corridor envisages a high-speed connectivity for High Axle Load Wagons (25 Tonne) of Double Stacked Container Trains supported by high power locomotives. The Delhi - Mumbai leg of the Golden Quadrilateral National Highway also runs almost parallel to the Freight Corridor. This corridor will be equipped with an array of infrastructure facilities such as power facilities, rail connectivity to ports en route etc. Approximately 180 million people, 14 percent of the population, will be affected by the corridor’s development.

This project incorporates Nine Mega Industrial zones of about 200-250 sq. km., high speed freight line, three ports, and six air ports; a six-lane intersection-free expressway connecting the country’s political and financial capitals and a 4000 MW power plant. Several industrial estates and clusters, industrial hubs, with top-of-the-line infrastructure would be developed along this corridor to attract more foreign investment. Funds for the projects would come from the Indian government, Japanese loans, and investment by Japanese firms and through Japan depository receipts issued by the Indian companies.

This high-speed connectivity between Delhi and Mumbai offers immense opportunities for development of an Industrial corridor along the alignment of the connecting infrastructure. A band of 150 km (Influence region) has been chosen on both sides of the Freight corridor to be developed as the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor. The vision for DMIC is to create strong economic base in this band with globally competitive environment and state-of-the-art infrastructure to activate local commerce, enhance foreign investments, real-estate investments and attain sustainable development. In addition to the influence region, DMIC would also include development of requisite feeder rail/road connectivity to hinterland/markets and select ports along the western coast.

It is also envisaged that the alignment of the proposed corridor will have nine junction stations for exchange of traffic between the existing railway system and the DFC. The junctions are:

• Vasai Road: To cater to traffic to/from Mumbai, other than J.Nehru Port

• Gothangam: For traffic to/from Hazira Complex, Jalgaon-Udhna

• Makarpura (Vadodara): For traffic to/from Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Vadodara -Godhra Routes

• Amli Road (Sabarmati): For traffic to/from ICD-Sabarmati, ViramgamSabarmati Route, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Bhavnagar Divisions of Western Railway

• Palanpur: For traffic to/from Kandla/ Mundra Ports and Gandhidham Area

• Marwar Junction: For Traffic from/to Jodhpur area (and lCD-Jodhpur)

• Phulera: For traffic to/from Jaipur- Tundla and Jaipur-Sawai Madhopur Routes'

• Rewari: For traffic to/from Rewari-Hissar-Ludhiana/Bathinda Routes'

• Pirthala (Tughlakabad): For traffic to/from Tughlakabad (and ICDTughalakabad)

Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is to be conceived as a Model Industrial Corridor of international standards with emphasis on expanding the manufacturing and services base and develop DMIC as the 'Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub'. The Government is considering this ambitious project to establish, promote and facilitate Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor to augment and create social and physical infrastructure on the route which is world class and will help spurring economic growth of the region.

Integrated Corridor Development Approach for DMIC

High impact/ market driven nodes - integrated Investment Regions (IRs) and Industrial Areas (IAs) have been identified within the corridor to provide transparent and investment friendly facility regimes. These regions are proposed to be self-sustained industrial townships with world-class infrastructure, road and rail connectivity for freight movement to and from ports and logistics hubs, served by domestic/ international air connectivity, reliable power, quality social infrastructure, and provide a globally competitive environment conducive for setting up businesses. An Investment Region (IRs) would be a specifically delineated industrial region with a minimum area of over 200 square kilometers (20,000 hectares), while an Industrial Area (IAs) would be developed with a minimum area of over 100 square kilometers (10,000 hectares). 24 such nodes - 9 IRs and 15 IAs spanning across six states have been identified after wide consultations with the stakeholders i.e the State Governments and the concerned Central Ministries. It is proposed that 6 IR and 6 IAs would be taken up for implementation in the First Phase during 2008-2012 and rest of the development would be phased out in the next 4 years. The nodes identified for Phase-1 are:

Short listed Investment Regions (IRs):

• Dadri – Noida - Ghaziabad Investment Region in Uttar Pradesh as General Manufacturing Investment Region;

• Manesar – Bawal Investment Region in Haryana as Auto Component/ Automobile Investment Region;

• Khushkhera – Bhiwadi – Neemrana Investment Region in Rajasthan as General Manufacturing/ Automobile/ Auto Component Investment Region;

• Pitampura – Dhar – Mhow Investment Region in Madhya Pradesh

• Bharuch – Dahej Investment Region in Gujarat as Petroleum, Chemical and Petro Chemical Investment Region (PCPIR);

• Igatpuri – Nashik-Sinnar Investment Region in Maharashtra as General Manufacturing Investment Region;

Short listed Industrial Areas (IAs):

• Meerut – Muzaffarnagar Industrial Area in Uttar Pradesh, Engineering/ Manufacturing;

• Faridabad – Palwal Industrial Area in Haryana, Engineering & Manufacturing;

• Jaipur – Dausa Industrial Area in Rajasthan, Marble/Leather/Textile;

• Neemuch – Nayagaon Industrial Area in Madhya Prdaesh

• Industrial Area with Greenfield Port at Alewadi/ Dighi in Maharashtra, Greenfield Port Based

Organizational Structure & Project Implementation Framework

DMIC

Lol myself. I get called out even when I post nothing (I just gave a couple of :tup: to others I happen to agree with).

Look, for the record - I actually agree with the original poster on one thing, which is that the Chinese government urgently needs to limit the number of Chinese firms that can bid in Indian contracts.

Experience tells us whenever Chinese companies, big or small, swarm ... be it to Mongolia, Africa, Europe, domestic coal mining, steel making, or strategic rare earth operations, it's a race to the bottom in every sense of the word.

Very little good comes out of it for anybody.

In contrast, well-coordinated large national enterprises such as oil & gas or high speed rail yield much better longer term results ...

Anyhow, it is this small-mindedness - this "smallness" of heart from your post that I find truly amusing and despicable at the same time.

We'll chalk it up your european upbringing then ... let's not help the "east", and let the east not help the east.

And the Pakistan argument is red herring at best. Building roads in India doesn't mean the PRC is not going to build nuclear power plants in Pakistan if doing so is beneficial.

You need to take a longer view both going back in history and going forward. I speculate that India and Pakistan will "make nice" - in our lifetime. Similar but not analogous to the cross-straight relations.

Going back in history will show that the PRC supplied heavy water to India back in the 80's and 90's even when the whole world knew what India was up to with the heavy water. Of course, China (and Chinese) were mighty p!ssed when the Indian establishment used China as an excuse to "legitimize" its nuclear tests.

Going back even further will show you that Nehru sent medical teams to China's anti-fascist struggles. I mean that old man was dumb alright. How come it didn't occur to him that keeping China divided and in a "perpetual fight" with Japan would best suit India's interest?

We can go back even further ...

Building roads in India is business. If it's not good business, then just as our Indian friends recommend, stay home.

Finally, one caveat I should bring up is that it would please me personally if China and India "bartered" service instead of paying each other in ever depreciating US$ with "razor-thin margins".

This post was never meant for Indian members. It is meant to remind Chinese members of the reality that India is NOT a good market for Chinese contractors. All the responses here just confirmed it. It is time for China to heavily regulate businesses with India to maximize our interest. The current way is sheer stupidity.

I repeat: let the Japanese and western companies take the Indian market.

I am putting up an ecuador flag because I am doing business in South America (recent start), that's all. I am helping China securing resources. Doing my part! I am also for large projects in South America. These countries are very politically neutral. They are not hostile to China.

Last edited:
unfortunately I have to disagree with you on this point. again, chinese assume that " if we don't make infrastructure in india, others will do so ".

however, it is not so for many infras projects. The West (the US, UK and other major powers ) are in deep sh!t right now and in the forseeable future. They don't have the money to do it. In fact for most of them they don't even have the money and the will power to upgrade their own houses, ley alone others like India.

If China doesn't do it, no one will do. That's the key.:hitwall:

interesting. we should make all our infrastructure to indian standards. the bridge during CWG was a great example of indian engineering. so was the bhopal gas disaster.

interesting. we should make all our infrastructure to indian standards. the bridge during CWG was a great example of indian engineering. so was the bhopal gas disaster.

It is really easy to make a comment on the India infrastructure sitting in front of a computer.... almost ignoring the fact that it was a foot bridge which collapsed due to a faulty coupling supplied by a company in England.

Please don't quote the Bhopal disaster in this context... many people will have objection to the emotional nature of the incident and its out of context reference here. Anyways... it was an industrial disaster.... not an infrastructure one and it was way back in '84.

Back
Top Bottom