What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

Anybody interested in knowing Quranic Stance on it should listen to Dr Khalid Zaheer, He explained it pretty well. Go search his page on Fb.

Sherani actually convinced people to vote for him declaring it as their religious obligation.. Because his election sign was s "book" .. Which he claimed was the Holy Quran and hence an obligation on every Muslim to vote the Holy Quran..:lol:

Sherani actually convinced people to vote for him declaring it as their religious obligation.. Because his election sign was s "book" .. Which he claimed was the Holy Quran and hence an obligation on every Muslim to vote the Holy Quran..:lol:
BC kya dimaag hai kisi achi taraf lagaye to mulk ko faida ho :hitwall:

Sadly many does but we obv shouldn't listen to them imo they're the perfect example of jaahil and bcoz of these jahils Islam ka naam kharab hota hai :hitwall:
see this:
13254134_732760203529022_4463123491306951057_n.jpg
Kiya kehney miyaan :D

do religious scriptures and hadiths encourage "lightly beating" your wife?
Please don't ask.

Search reputed sources (quran.com etc) and find yourself. That way you get to form your own opinion and not rely on others.

Being a non-muslim, I would like to apologize in advance if I hurt anyone's feelings in my sheer ignorance.
But guys, even if Quran or any Hadiths have any such verses which allow or encourage “beating your wives", then Its plain wrong. period... And no justification can make it right.
I assume you are a Dharmic.

It is clear that you have not read the Qu'ran. There is no pick and choose allowed. So it is highly recommended that you stay away from this discussion and be satisfied with an observer status.

Please don't ask.

Search reputed sources (quran.com etc) and find yourself. That way you get to form your own opinion and not rely on others.

I assume you are a Dharmic.

It is clear that you have not read the Qu'ran. There is no pick and choose allowed. So it is highly recommended that you stay away from this discussion and be satisfied with an observer status.
Sarthak miyan lagta hey ap pdf pey sirf chaskey lainey atey ho dosroan key phadey mein :D
――――――――――――
There are multiple views on this topic its best if we continue the statusqou and continue to view abuse as ala crime and enact tougher laws

I think, if I am non-Muslim then it doesn't matter from which religion I belong, I'm not advising anyone or abusing, my post may contain an anti-Islamic thought but you can't do anything against me except banning.
Being a non-muslim, I would like to apologize in advance if I hurt anyone's feelings in my sheer ignorance.

What I say is many people can't read Quran because are illiterate so they will listen to many people who knows about Quran but found that many people are contradicting on one issue, what will he do?
Obviously, he has to think that he isn't Muslim & knows nothing about law but he is human he is wise can differentiate between right & wrong.
I think then what he does it put himself in place of person who committed some wrong & anyone else is person who is punishing him, then what type of punishment he/she will accept for his mistake or crime.
Same goes in case of punishing wife, just think yourself as a female, you have done something wrong & your husband is punishing you, what type of punishment is acceptable?
I think for a man it is a wise move to remove her problem then to punish her & I can't even tolerate a small abuse.
I don't know, how it is justified to beat women even when she has an extramarital affair.
Or just think your mother is being punished by your father.

I say this because you don't have any PDF female member. If you have any ask her on same issue.
Your allowed to lightly beat your wife if she misbehaves, what's the problem? He didn't say blacken her eye or blunt her nose, he said lightly beat. Like you would lightly beat a child when he misbehave.

And if your husband misbehaves, get his father to kick his @ss. Works every time.
People in India do these things after drinking seems like your born with intoxication without mind.
O bhai read the entire anti-Women bill by CII, it has nothing to do with Islam to begin with.

As far as the scripture you are talking about then it is when your wife shares her bed with someone else other than you or when you come to know about illicit relation of hers or there are clear signs she is going to do that then you are asked to tame her by politely stopping her if she does not then you are asked to separate the bed and do not sleep with her as sign of punishment even then if she does not stop then you can beat her but with a miswak not with a gun or bat.

BTW for information of our non-Muslim and foreign members this is miswak
miswak.jpg

Apa ji, when did you see me defend the CII ? ... :P

My entire contention is, with this case, when you go out and criticize the CII, do it objectively and don't start joking about something that is given in your own scripture.... which BTW this thread does ....

Heck the whole detail you mentioned here, I've started a whole thread where the same thing is explained by a scholar (N.A.Khan) ... I've posted a video THRICE which says the same thing as you did ( the case of infidelity) ...

No please do not link CII with Islam or Islamic scripture. Here sherani sahab once again misusing the scripture. How it is women protection bill? should those who misinterpret be blamed for joking Islamic rules or the opening member here?

Hum dosron ka BP high kartay hain fikar mat karo
You know if 0.1% people follow him in Pakistan what would be number?
is there any specification about size of miswak.. you might not use the same size that you use to brush your teeth... if this is as big as the cane my teacher used to beat us, it will hurt. One of my friend used to wear two layers of clothes, just in case... :)
It was our time but time is not constant think today, we have too much child-abuses & some even for self-statisfection.
Ek to i don't understand why people are over reacting here so much he is not making fun of islam 2nd thing Islam nowhere tells you to beat your wife Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never even raised his hand on women
"The Holy Prophet (PBUH) never raised his hand on a woman. He said he could hold a debate with those who claimed that beating of women was allowed in Islam." DR TQ has said.

Here is that complete verse,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran: An-Nisaa 34-35)

Now it's translation,

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Also

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307

Now i think the main problem is with these Mullah's of CII they just said "lightly beat" i mean WTH :hitwall:any uneducated muslim hearing this will think that it's absolutely ok to beat your wife even some educated ones will think like this ifynkim and the last thing why they only focus on women only? why so many laws for women only? why they think every problem in this world is caused by women? they never talk so much about Madrasas churning out suicide bombers or talk about corruption which their mullah brothers are part of. I hope media will not give them too much attention.
@Zibago @Oscar @Jungibaaz @hinduguy @Spring Onion @pak-marine it does not say to "beat" it says tap lightly and that too not on face @dsr478 :)
and all others on this thread i hope now it will clear the misunderstanding of word "Beating''

What about Kids

Kids can be Nasty and they enjoy troubling you especially if they realise
you are NOT going to hit them

You can scream out your lungs but they dont care

Can confirm. It is definitely possible to lightly beat yourself.

:bunny::partay:
& how do feel in your mind after someone lightly beats you or abuses you but he is powerful?
The simple answer to this whole situation is this.

If bismillah is the condensed form of Surah Fatihah, and Surah Fatihah is the condensed form of the Quran.. then the Quran is the condensed form of the Prophet's life.

When during the time when (anaouzubillah) Hazrat Aisha was accused of adultery.. a crime most muslim men kill without thinking for, and the Prophet did nothing.. then there is no better defeat to this argument of men being allowed to beat their wives or any women.

I have read that a husband can attempt to mend the ways of his straying wife by first trying it with love then with scolding, then by changing his bed and finally by lightly beating where the purpose is not to hurt her physically but to express extreme displeasure. All this is allowed to be done to bring the wife back to the righteous ways.

I have also read that 4 women can become the cause of a man to go to hell, his mother, his sister, his wife and his daughter. Basically Islamic way is the family way and all members are responsible for each other. Parents are responsible for good upbringing of their children and for being dutiful and responsible towards their children, children have the same responsibility towards parents to the point where Heaven is said to be under the feet of one's mother. Similarly, husbands and wives have a great deal of responsibility towards their spouses and so on. Reading into any law isolated of the entire constitution (Shariah) can greatly confuse and perhaps even disbelief.
I think, it is good to remove her problem then you can try first two things but third I'll never do.
What about you?
so what you are saying, that all the women in a man's life can be the cause of him going to hell?
and here i thought "Paradise Lies under the feet of mothers"
and i also thought that whoever raised, 1, 2 or 3 daughter would go to Jannah

damn :/

you do realize that if those punishments are imposed correctly, then the amount of solid evidence required for them, is so heavy, hardly anyone would get the punishment

just like the CII believes their knowledge is higher than that of God

Agar jahanum mrin hi jana hay to chalo koi acha kaam kar key chaley jatein hain jo aurat roz apney shoahr sey dndoan sey maar khato hey wohi shayad sukhi ho jaye :D

Inkay liay Islam ka naam aurat ko ghulam bana hay bus aur agar kuch kaho to kehna hay you are arguing Allah,s command repent ey jahil you are commiting sin
99% awaam khamosh
Don't know how jannat will be for her but surely life is not less than hell for her.
What do you think, are you a women?
So you are saying anyone conservative or not liberal is generally backward? are you dumb or just plain idiot?

Just like you have 'progressives' not knowing how to wipe their a** after taking a dump, you have 'right- minded'. Dont unnecessary drag on a valid comment.The forum is for everyone with some red-lines. If someone makes joke of hindu gods or their scriptures it shouldnt be tolerated and same goes for any Quranic scripture regardless its something you agree to or not.

But guys, even if Quran or any Hadiths have any such verses which allow or encourage “beating your wives", then Its plain wrong. period... And no justification can make it right.

Think about it. The same Allah who gave us the Quran and the Hadiths, also gave us the gifts of “intelligence, logic and critical thinking", that is because Allah wants humans to make progress, to think critically, to chart our own course and not remain stuck in old dogmas. He gave us the ability to differenciate between right and wrong.. If he wanted us to stick to a predefined set of guidelines, then he would've given us super-sharp memory and zero intelligence. But that's not the case, is it..? It would be a grievous sin if we refuse to use the greatest gifts that Allah bestowed upon us - reasoning ability and critical thinking..
These sentaces are priceless.

I think, if I am non-Muslim then it doesn't matter from which religion I belong, I'm not advising anyone or abusing, my post may contain an anti-Islamic thought but you can't do anything against me except banning.

What I say is many people can't read Quran because are illiterate so they will listen to many people who knows about Quran but found that many people are contradicting on one issue, what will he do?
Obviously, he has to think that he isn't Muslim & knows nothing about law but he is human he is wise can differentiate between right & wrong.
I think then what he does it put himself in place of person who committed some wrong & anyone else is person who is punishing him, then what type of punishment he/she will accept for his mistake or crime.
Same goes in case of punishing wife, just think yourself as a female, you have done something wrong & your husband is punishing you, what type of punishment is acceptable?
I think for a man it is a wise move to remove her problem then to punish her & I can't even tolerate a small abuse.
I don't know, how it is justified to beat women even when she has an extramarital affair.

I say this because you don't have any PDF female member. If you have any ask her on same issue.

People in India do these things after drinking seems like your born with intoxication without mind.

It was our time but time is not constant think today, we have too much child-abuses & some even for self-statisfection.

& how do feel in your mind after someone lightly beats you or abuses you but he is powerful?

I think, it is good to remove her problem then you can try first two things but third I'll never do.
What about you?

Don't know how jannat will be for her but surely life is not less than hell for her.

Cry your heart out, we couldn't care less. If you can't handle a light beating when you misbehave, you are a spoilt b*tch. End of story.

My ONLY issue is that women in Pakistan tend to not get their husbands punished when they misbehave. They should get their husbands family to give him a can of whoop@ss when he acts out of line.

What about you?

They are nothing but an advisory board their recommendations will be rejected like always no party or army wants to turn the clock after we have improved conditions of women in our country media (print and electronic) is mocking them

Ek to i don't understand why people are over reacting here so much he is not making fun of islam 2nd thing Islam nowhere tells you to beat your wife Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never even raised his hand on women
"The Holy Prophet (PBUH) never raised his hand on a woman. He said he could hold a debate with those who claimed that beating of women was allowed in Islam." DR TQ has said.

Here is that complete verse,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran: An-Nisaa 34-35)

Now it's translation,

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Also

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307

Now i think the main problem is with these Mullah's of CII they just said "lightly beat" i mean WTH :hitwall:any uneducated muslim hearing this will think that it's absolutely ok to beat your wife even some educated ones will think like this ifynkim and the last thing why they only focus on women only? why so many laws for women only? why they think every problem in this world is caused by women? they never talk so much about Madrasas churning out suicide bombers or talk about corruption which their mullah brothers are part of. I hope media will not give them too much attention.
@Zibago @Oscar @Jungibaaz @hinduguy @Spring Onion @pak-marine it does not say to "beat" it says tap lightly and that too not on face @dsr478 :)
and all others on this thread i hope now it will clear the misunderstanding of word "Beating''

All I think is that a women should only be able to R receive light bet in
What if he doesn't have a father or his father is a 80 yr old bed ridden cancer patient???

Infact what if the husband doesn't have any immediate family??

Then get your brothernto
What if he doesn't have a father or his father is a 80 yr old bed ridden cancer patient???

Infact what if the husband doesn't have any immediate family??

Then get your brother to kick his @ss. Don't have one? Then pay some stranger.

Cry your heart out, we couldn't care less. If you can't handle a light beating when you misbehave, you are a spoilt b*tch. End of story.

My ONLY issue is that women in Pakistan tend to not get their husbands punished when they misbehave. They should get their husbands family to give him a can of whoop@ss when he acts out of line.
Fun fact most divorces now in Pakistan are being initiated by women because of abuse finally slowly and steadily they are standing against abuse

A strong willed women has string willed children mithers who dont tolerate abuse teach their kids the same and their kids are more succesful in life

Fun fact most divorces now in Pakistan are being initiated by women because of abuse finally slowly and steadily they are standing against abuse

A strong willed women has string willed children mithers who dont tolerate abuse teach their kids the same and their kids are more succesful in life

Good, domestic abuse is horrible, I'm not advocating it. All I'm saying is it is FINE to give your wife a light beating if she does something stupid, for example, has an affair with someone else.

Back
Top Bottom