What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

O bhai read the entire anti-Women bill by CII, it has nothing to do with Islam to begin with.

As far as the scripture you are talking about then it is when your wife shares her bed with someone else other than you or when you come to know about illicit relation of hers or there are clear signs she is going to do that then you are asked to tame her by politely stopping her if she does not then you are asked to separate the bed and do not sleep with her as sign of punishment even then if she does not stop then you can beat her but with a miswak not with a gun or bat.

BTW for information of our non-Muslim and foreign members this is miswak
miswak.jpg
is there any specification about size of miswak.. you might not use the same size that you use to brush your teeth... if this is as big as the cane my teacher used to beat us, it will hurt. One of my friend used to wear two layers of clothes, just in case... :)

@pak-marine PDF is supposidely a place where most liberal minded Pakistanis visit yet you see support just imagine how much support they have in backward areas

Making fun of a misogynist suggestion is ok in my book i dont think wife beating should be legal nor should there be a ban on baby formulas
Reality is there isnt any support .. look at altaf

@pak-marine PDF is supposidely a place where most liberal minded Pakistanis visit yet you see support just imagine how much support they have in backward areas

Making fun of a misogynist suggestion is ok in my book i dont think wife beating should be legal nor should there be a ban on baby formulas
It has nothing to do with liberal or extremist or otherwise.
Pakistan is now a nation of majority extremists that need one push to become ISIS. Their minds are more petty and pithy than the worst of Trump supporters. There is NO difference in intelligence and morality between the two.

The fact remains that all those decrying "blasphemy" and "insult" to Quran are the people who dragged scripture in it the first place. It will NOT matter to them why and in what context the scripture it is mentioned (sheerani knowing it has a lower chance than him knowing about Sheer Khorma) because to them it matter not as their spiritual leaders have said it so, just as Trump says it for his supporters.
Please do not risk your life, they will murder you and rape the women in your family while talking about Quran and Hadiath like toilet paper.

These are not the Muslims when Islam first came who were the most intelligent and understanding of any men of their times, these are the Muslims of the end of times and the end of Islam...both literally and figuratively.

You have better chance at debating the reasons of why the road was crossed with a chicken.. and getting an intelligent answer.

Agree to disagree and put them on the ignore list.

Ek to i don't understand why people are over reacting here so much he is not making fun of islam 2nd thing Islam nowhere tells you to beat your wife Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never even raised his hand on women
"The Holy Prophet (PBUH) never raised his hand on a woman. He said he could hold a debate with those who claimed that beating of women was allowed in Islam." DR TQ has said.

Here is that complete verse,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran: An-Nisaa 34-35)

Now it's translation,

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Also

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307

Now i think the main problem is with these Mullah's of CII they just said "lightly beat" i mean WTH :hitwall:any uneducated muslim hearing this will think that it's absolutely ok to beat your wife even some educated ones will think like this ifynkim and the last thing why they only focus on women only? why so many laws for women only? why they think every problem in this world is caused by women? they never talk so much about Madrasas churning out suicide bombers or talk about corruption which their mullah brothers are part of. I hope media will not give them too much attention.
@Zibago @Oscar @Jungibaaz @hinduguy @Spring Onion @pak-marine it does not say to "beat" it says tap lightly and that too not on face @dsr478 :)
and all others on this thread i hope now it will clear the misunderstanding of word "Beating''

Last edited:
What about Kids

Kids can be Nasty and they enjoy troubling you especially if they realise
you are NOT going to hit them

You can scream out your lungs but they dont care

Ek to i don't understand why people are over reacting here so much he is not making fun of islam 2nd thing Islam nowhere tells you to beat your wife Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never even raised his hand on women
"The Holy Prophet (PBUH) never raised his hand on a woman. He said he could hold a debate with those who claimed that beating of women was allowed in Islam." DR TQ has said.

Here is that complete verse,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran: An-Nisaa 34-35)

Now it's translation,

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Also

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307

Now i think the main problem is with these Mullah's of CII they just said "lightly beat" i mean WTH :hitwall:any uneducated muslim hearing this will think that it's absolutely ok to beat your wife even some educated ones will think like this ifynkim and the last thing why they only focus on women only? why so many laws for women only? why they think every problem in this world is caused by women? they never talk so much about Madrasas churning out suicide bombers or talk about corruption which their mullah brothers are part of. I hope media will not give them too much attention.
@Zibago @Oscar @Jungibaaz @hinduguy @Spring Onion @pak-marine it does not say to "beat" it says tap lightly and that too not on face @dsr478 :)
and all others on this thread i hope now it will clear the misunderstanding of word "Beating''

The simple answer to this whole situation is this.

If bismillah is the condensed form of Surah Fatihah, and Surah Fatihah is the condensed form of the Quran.. then the Quran is the condensed form of the Prophet's life.

When during the time when (anaouzubillah) Hazrat Aisha was accused of adultery.. a crime most muslim men kill without thinking for, and the Prophet did nothing.. then there is no better defeat to this argument of men being allowed to beat their wives or any women.

do religious scriptures and hadiths encourage "lightly beating" your wife?

I have read that a husband can attempt to mend the ways of his straying wife by first trying it with love then with scolding, then by changing his bed and finally by lightly beating where the purpose is not to hurt her physically but to express extreme displeasure. All this is allowed to be done to bring the wife back to the righteous ways.

I have also read that 4 women can become the cause of a man to go to hell, his mother, his sister, his wife and his daughter. Basically Islamic way is the family way and all members are responsible for each other. Parents are responsible for good upbringing of their children and for being dutiful and responsible towards their children, children have the same responsibility towards parents to the point where Heaven is said to be under the feet of one's mother. Similarly, husbands and wives have a great deal of responsibility towards their spouses and so on. Reading into any law isolated of the entire constitution (Shariah) can greatly confuse and perhaps even disbelief.

If bismillah is the condensed form of Surah Fatihah, and Surah Fatihah is the condensed form of the Quran.. then the Quran is the condensed form of the Prophet's life.

When during the time when (anaouzubillah) Hazrat Aisha was accused of adultery.. a crime most muslim men kill without thinking for, and the Prophet did nothing.. then there is no better defeat to this argument of men being allowed to beat their wives or any women.

Some people use what ever they can to stay relevant, and sadly religion is by no means off limit to them. Sad to see mullahs twisting and misconstruing things for their own twisted agendas.

Shouldn't you quote the entire process of divine intervention that happened in the case of Hazrat Ayesha's adultery accusation? Or are you just that ignorant that you don't know what happened? Stop posting things out of context!

Making fun of a decision of an advisory board is not making fun of religion or religious scriptures
I havent even discussed religion here pata nahi kiyon sarey itney over reacting

It is because you do not even understand what you have done. Inadvertently, you are making fun of our religion. The correct thing should have been to research on Islamic laws and rules before making fun of anyone.

Shouldn't you quote the entire process of divine intervention that happened in the case of Hazrat Ayesha's adultery accusation? Or are you just that ignorant that you don't know what happened? Stop posting things out of context!

It is because you do not even understand what you have done. Inadvertently, you are making fun of our religion. The correct thing should have been to research on Islamic laws and rules before making fun of anyone.
You dont need religious knowledge to know the difference between right and wrong

Somebody above said that Pdf is a place where liberal minded Pakistanis are supposed to be visiting..
I don't think anybody owns pdf..many right minded Pakistanis also visit the forum in addition to the liberal minded.
Sentiments should be respected.
(Can't seem to reply to that specific comment)

You are being the typical Mullah lizard, finding yourself unable to debate the point.. leaving a writing tail as a side issue to try and save face. Please advise where in the entire process did the prophet beat her for committing adultery? After all, that is the worst thing a woman can do to her husband?
Please use references to remove our "ignorance" with your "enlightenment"

That is the question, not the divine intervention or the incident.

Somebody above said that Pdf is a place where liberal minded Pakistanis are supposed to be visiting..
I don't think anybody owns pdf..many right minded Pakistanis also visit the forum in addition to the liberal minded.
Sentiments should be respected.
(Can't seem to reply to that specific comment)

Right minded? Right what?
Trump supporters who wish death to Muslims are also right minded.

Some people use what ever they can to stay relevant, and sadly religion is by no means off limit to them. Sad to see mullahs twisting and misconstruing things for their own twisted agendas.
They are essentially the equivalent of patwaris in terms of religion.
Batwaris.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom