What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

You dont need religious knowledge to know the difference between right and wrong

With that logic you can just as well say that amputation as a punishment or lashes etc., can also be wrong. It is funny that an insignificant little thing of a human thinks that his logic is above and beyond that of God.

With that logic you can just as well say that amputation as a punishment or lashes etc., can also be wrong. It is funny that an insignificant little thing of a human thinks that his logic is above and beyond that of God.
Well actually i do we live in a different era with a different concept of nation states

You are being the typical Mullah lizard, finding yourself unable to debate the point.. leaving a writing tail as a side issue to try and save face. Please advise where in the entire process did the prophet beat her for committing adultery? After all, that is the worst thing a woman can do to her husband?
Please use references to remove our "ignorance" with your "enlightenment"

That is the question, not the divine intervention or the incident.

So in your mind a mullah is a lizard. With that logic, you are already the 'type' of person with whom I would rather not discuss Islam. Had you called some of the so called false Mullah's something, it wouldn't have made a difference but your extreme ignorance of the word that is actually conferred to some one is just plain sad.

And if you are indeed interested in the whole event, go and read this first and also try to verify it from different sources as I just just provided the first webpage I came across and am unable to verify all the contents from various authorities due to obvious reasons.

And be advised, the Prophet (PBUH) was not a normal/regular human being. He was an example of how one should live his life. However the prophet (PBUH) did many things which are not binding. When he heard the accusations, the prophet chose to stay away from Hazrat Ayesha (RA) for a while. I also very crudely remember an incident from the Prophet's (PBUH) life when he sentenced amputation for a man convicted of stealing. As the sentence was being carried out, the prophet started crying, his followers upon seeing him in this state of agony urged him to forgive the person against whom the punishment was being carried out to which the prophet replied that the punishment was given by the qazi (judge) while the tears are of a man and that it could have been a preferred way for the companions of the punished man to pursue his correction instead of bringing the matter to the court. Understand the difference?

None of us on this forum are learned enough to pass on judgement on Islamic rules and punishments. Learn to respect the religion of majority of Pakistanis on this forum.

Well actually i do we live in a different era with a different concept of nation states

You mean you believe that your logic is higher than that of our creator?

I have read that a husband can attempt to mend the ways of his straying wife by first trying it with love then with scolding, then by changing his bed and finally by lightly beating where the purpose is not to hurt her physically but to express extreme displeasure. All this is allowed to be done to bring the wife back to the righteous ways.

I have also read that 4 women can become the cause of a man to go to hell, his mother, his sister, his wife and his daughter. Basically Islamic way is the family way and all members are responsible for each other. Parents are responsible for good upbringing of their children and for being dutiful and responsible towards their children, children have the same responsibility towards parents to the point where Heaven is said to be under the feet of one's mother. Similarly, husbands and wives have a great deal of responsibility towards their spouses and so on. Reading into any law isolated of the entire constitution (Shariah) can greatly confuse and perhaps even disbelief.
so what you are saying, that all the women in a man's life can be the cause of him going to hell?
and here i thought "Paradise Lies under the feet of mothers"
and i also thought that whoever raised, 1, 2 or 3 daughter would go to Jannah

damn :/

you do realize that if those punishments are imposed correctly, then the amount of solid evidence required for them, is so heavy, hardly anyone would get the punishment

You mean you believe that your logic is higher than that of our creator?
just like the CII believes their knowledge is higher than that of God

Recently couple of tv guys come to our mosque and questioned about CII women protection bill thingy and it was hard to tell or teach them Islam dosent allow to beat wives etc. we are a laughing and crisiszed stock now a days.
And well, this thread @Zibago you are the man:p:

so what you are saying, that all the women in a man's life can be the cause of him going to hell?

you do realize that if those punishments are imposed correctly, then the amount of solid evidence required for them, is so heavy, hardly anyone would get the punishment

Agar jahanum mrin hi jana hay to chalo koi acha kaam kar key chaley jatein hain jo aurat roz apney shoahr sey dndoan sey maar khato hey wohi shayad sukhi ho jaye :D

Recently couple of tv guys come to our mosque and questioned about CII women protection bill thingy and it was hard to tell or teach them Islam dosent allow to beat wives etc. we are a laughing and crisiszed stock now a days.
And well, this thread @Zibago you are the man:p:
Inkay liay Islam ka naam aurat ko ghulam bana hay bus aur agar kuch kaho to kehna hay you are arguing Allah,s command repent ey jahil you are commiting sin
99% awaam khamosh

@pak-marine PDF is supposidely a place where most liberal minded Pakistanis visit yet you see support just imagine how much support they have in backward areas

So you are saying anyone conservative or not liberal is generally backward? are you dumb or just plain idiot?

Right minded? Right what?
Trump supporters who wish death to Muslims are also right minded.

Just like you have 'progressives' not knowing how to wipe their a** after taking a dump, you have 'right- minded'. Dont unnecessary drag on a valid comment.The forum is for everyone with some red-lines. If someone makes joke of hindu gods or their scriptures it shouldnt be tolerated and same goes for any Quranic scripture regardless its something you agree to or not.

Being a non-muslim, I would like to apologize in advance if I hurt anyone's feelings in my sheer ignorance.
But guys, even if Quran or any Hadiths have any such verses which allow or encourage “beating your wives", then Its plain wrong. period... And no justification can make it right.

Think about it. The same Allah who gave us the Quran and the Hadiths, also gave us the gifts of “intelligence, logic and critical thinking", that is because Allah wants humans to make progress, to think critically, to chart our own course and not remain stuck in old dogmas. He gave us the ability to differenciate between right and wrong.. If he wanted us to stick to a predefined set of guidelines, then he would've given us super-sharp memory and zero intelligence. But that's not the case, is it..? It would be a grievous sin if we refuse to use the greatest gifts that Allah bestowed upon us - reasoning ability and critical thinking..

That's when one listen to his mother and looks after his sister, wife and daughter. However, if one does not listen to his mother, does not take care of his wife, sister or daughter then he will be punished.

That is why Islam proposes to implement the concept of Islamic society ahead of implementing the punishments. And even then the system can be introduced gradually so that people are able to absorb the changes before anybody gets punished. Islam calls for a welfare society where no 'needy' would ever have to commit a crime which translates to crimes only by the actual greedy and evil rather then those who need to feed their families and so commit to crimes.

And so after all that comes your point, that the evidence required for proof of guilt is so heavy that sometimes it would be just impossible. Islam does not want to punish or be cruel, but at the same time it also wants to ensure eradication of evil and greed from the society.

I can neither say much in favor of the members of CII nor against them as I don't know them well.

Being a non-muslim, I would like to apologize in advance if I hurt anyone's feelings in my sheer ignorance.
But guys, even if Quran or any Hadiths have any such verses which allow or encourage “beating your wives", then Its plain wrong. period... And no justification can make it right.

Think about it. The same Allah who gave us the Quran and the Hadiths, also gave us the gifts of “intelligence, logic and critical thinking", that is because Allah wants humans to make progress, to think critically, to chart our own course and not remain stuck in old dogmas. He gave us the ability to differenciate between right and wrong.. If he wanted us to stick to a predefined set of guidelines, then he would've given us super-sharp memory and zero intelligence. But that's not the case, is it..? It would be a grievous sin if we refuse to use the greatest gifts that Allah bestowed upon us - reasoning ability and critical thinking..
See post no.35 pg 3

Considering the first paragraph of your post, I would advise you not to enter discussion on things that you cannot understand due to your own religious belief. If you still want to do that, then consider the fact that the all powerful creator of everything has laid down rules which govern the lives of Muslims and He know more then all of us combined.

you have a dp of luffy, so you are forgiven :D

Ek to i don't understand why people are over reacting here so much he is not making fun of islam 2nd thing Islam nowhere tells you to beat your wife Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never even raised his hand on women
"The Holy Prophet (PBUH) never raised his hand on a woman. He said he could hold a debate with those who claimed that beating of women was allowed in Islam." DR TQ has said.

Here is that complete verse,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore, the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (Quran: An-Nisaa 34-35)

Now it's translation,

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Also

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307

Now i think the main problem is with these Mullah's of CII they just said "lightly beat" i mean WTH :hitwall:any uneducated muslim hearing this will think that it's absolutely ok to beat your wife even some educated ones will think like this ifynkim and the last thing why they only focus on women only? why so many laws for women only? why they think every problem in this world is caused by women? they never talk so much about Madrasas churning out suicide bombers or talk about corruption which their mullah brothers are part of. I hope media will not give them too much attention.
@Zibago @Oscar @Jungibaaz @hinduguy @Spring Onion @pak-marine it does not say to "beat" it says tap lightly and that too not on face @dsr478 :)
and all others on this thread i hope now it will clear the misunderstanding of word "Beating''

Waise I don't think many Pakistanis listen to what CII says or does.

Waise I don't think many Pakistanis listen to what CII says or does.
Sadly many does but we obv shouldn't listen to them imo they're the perfect example of jaahil and bcoz of these jahils Islam ka naam kharab hota hai :hitwall:
see this:
13254134_732760203529022_4463123491306951057_n.jpg

Unbelievable.. Does this jahil know what jurh is or jaifah or ghair e jaifah. If this law gives us the power to hurt our wives to the point that no bone is broken then this law gives us the power to do the following.

Jurh is injury on any part of the body that is not the head or face.

Jaifah is hurt which penetrates thr body cavity which is the part over the vital organs.

Ghair e jaifah is injury or hurt that is not jaifah.

The following kinds are

Damiyah where skin is raptured and bleeding occurs. Its punishment is daman or imprisonment of one year as tazir.

Badiyah is an injury by cutting or incising the flesh without exposing the bone. ( no bone breaking).

Mutalahima is an injury by lacerating the flesh. Both badiyah and mutalahima have daman or imprisonment extended to three years under tazir.

Mudiha is injury which exposes the bone which us punishable by daman or five years of imprisonment as tazir.

So we can do all of the above yet sec 337-E clearly states we can't but his law contradicts this law and this law is ISLAMIC LAW.

The law they are passing is not Islamic law in any sense.

These our our ulema. What dark ages do we live in where people like him stand as the bastion of Islamic knowledge. May ALLAH guide us all.

Back
Top Bottom