What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

If my wife have any problem than I will try to solve that problem even before telling her
How are you gonna sort out a problem without even talking to her?
Now if i am having a problem in my marriage than i will as you said will think what would've gone wrong and than i will Admonish her (which in my dictionary means advising, urging to think about her decision) and i will listen to her problem and than i will try my best to sort out the problem and if that do not work out too well than we both have a choice of separation, and this light beating (which i have already explained) and not sharing beds is allowed only in extreme cases to correct the moral infraction of one's wife and even if this is not working out than husband should avoid this too now you tell me is there anything wrong in this? how one will save his relationship if he do not take even these extreme steps?
http://www.islamicfinder.org/articles/article.php?id=307
doing something is better than doing nothing imo if something like this happens in my life i ain't gonna sit and wait for a miracle to happen

Last edited:
Fun fact most divorces now in Pakistan are being initiated by women because of abuse finally slowly and steadily they are standing against abuse

A strong willed women has string willed children mithers who dont tolerate abuse teach their kids the same and their kids are more succesful in life

Any proof regarding that ?? I'd be interested to see a research in the Pakistani framework that comes to the conclusion that you have put forth. Surely, there would be cases that you'd be able to find, but is there any statistical evidence to back you up on this ?

Islam is a pragmatic religion. There is a lot of stress in Islam for a positive, mutually beneficial and a happy relationship between husband and wife. Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said the best amongst you is the one who is best to his wife. Holy Prophet was kind and loving towards all of his wives. There is not a single incident of beating of the wives by Holy Prophet and his close companions. Islam even allows a woman to seek separation (cancellation of marriage) based upon her disliking of her husband's personality, she does not need to prove anything in the court if she says that she does not like his face or any other thing..that's enough....though the court will try to resolve the issue amicably and ask suggest her to review her decision, but if she is still not convinced, even court has no other option but to cancel the marriage and let her go and this is unprecedented even in 21st century. Not a single "western liberal" country provide such a protection to the women. To get a divorce, the spouse has to prove the moral turpitude of his/her partner. That's why marriage is not a popular option and couples are living their lives without legal marriage in west.

What Century do You live in?
You don't have to give a reason for divorce here.

you wanna see wife beaters go to vancouver , BC , canada , lots of non-muslim wife beaters residing over there

What Century do You live in?
You don't have to give a reason for divorce here.
There is a Shayari/short poem in Urdu by a man who loves a girl but same can be applied to opposite.
"Ya to qubool kar meri kamjoriyo ke sath
ya chhor de mujhe meri tanhaiyon ke sath."
Translated as accept me with my weaknesses or leave me alone with all my problems/circumstances.
Don't you think that is justified?
I think it says all.
Laws in India(9 laws means almost all laws except for all except some for Muslims in case of personal issues when governed by Sharia)
9 Gender-Biased Indian Laws That Are Unfair Towards Men
According to the then President of India, Pratibha Devisingh Patil, "Another disquieting trend has been that women themselves have not been innocent of abusing women. At times, women have played an unsavory, catalytic role in perpetrating violence whether against the daughter-in-law, the mother-in-law or female domestic helps. Instances exist whereby protective legal provisions for the benefit of women have been subjected to distortion and misuse to wreak petty vengeance and to settle scores. Some surveys have concluded that 6 to 10 percent of dowry complaints are false and were registered primarily to settle scores. It is unfortunate if laws meant to protect women get abused as instruments of oppression. The bottom-line therefore, is the fair invocation of legal provisions and their objective and honest implementation."
What she said wrong was 6 to 10 percent but actual number is much much higher, she decreased these just to not get into any controversy, as if anyone says anything which may be against rights of women or not before thinking that media in India always translate that as anti-women, patriarchy.
But no one wants to change these & these are getting stronger day by day(articles contains only images).
These are based on the premise that only females needed to be safeguarded.
There is another law pending(have support from most parties)
Women's Reservation Bill
To give 33% reservation for women in all state assemblies & parliament, they already have in local body elections where on 33% seats men are not allowed to run but women can run on all seats.
I too hope it should get passed as we have very less number of women in parliament & state assemblies.

I thought Religious discussion is banned on PDF. But yahan tuh sab ke sab alim online hein :D

Excuse me but as a muslim, I DON'T have a sense of humor about my religious scripture ... thats the way it is ...

I would understand a serious discussion regarding the topic because it is indeed a very serious topic needing serious discussion --- I'd understand a debate regarding the topic with both sides of the argument weigh in their respectful take on it and would have no problems with it ..... but when you go out and make insults and jokes about what people hold sacred ... thats not a path that a sane respectful person should take ... which is my contention ...
Have some shame ....how can support people who encourage wife beating ? Do you support your sister to be beaten by your brother in law ? Religions are relics of the past..the rules written in them reflect the thinking of people of that particular era and of that particular place..in this case of Arab tribes of 6th century..pakistan has much more advanced civilisation even before advent of Islam..I don't think people of ancient pakistan believed in wife beating.

O bhai read the entire anti-Women bill by CII, it has nothing to do with Islam to begin with.

As far as the scripture you are talking about then it is when your wife shares her bed with someone else other than you or when you come to know about illicit relation of hers or there are clear signs she is going to do that then you are asked to tame her by politely stopping her if she does not then you are asked to separate the bed and do not sleep with her as sign of punishment even then if she does not stop then you can beat her but with a miswak not with a gun or bat.

BTW for information of our non-Muslim and foreign members this is miswak
miswak.jpg
Do you really think people will stop at beating with just. Meswak once they are given permission to beat their wives ? It is not just about beating with meswak or tamarind seed but it is about promoting violence against women and giving authority to a man over a woman..neither husband nor wife should have any authority over each other..their journey should be with proper understanding and compromises..not through violent power over one another.

Excuse me but as a muslim, I DON'T have a sense of humor about my religious scripture ... thats the way it is ...

I would understand a serious discussion regarding the topic because it is indeed a very serious topic needing serious discussion --- I'd understand a debate regarding the topic with both sides of the argument weigh in their respectful take on it and would have no problems with it ..... but when you go out and make insults and jokes about what people hold sacred ... thats not a path that a sane respectful person should take ... which is my contention ...
This thread of yours is nothing more than an attempt at trolling and making fun of Islam over someone else's ill-informed suggestions, there is no such thing as wife beating in Islam it was the way that religious leader presented this argument because of his lack of knowledge not grounded on Islamic theology that resulted to this problem in the first place, it would have been better to ignore his remarks or clarify this position or have a discussion in a respected manner, rather than create more threads in an attempt to turn Islam as a laughing stock towards non-Muslims and to cause more fitna, besides religious discussions are not allowed on this forum so such threads which are nothing more than an attempt to ridicule Islam and to cause more hatred towards one another should not be allowed as well.

@Horus @WAJsal @Icarus
I will have to disagree here, it's not mocking religion as you guys might think...It's actually mocking these CII idiots. Apparently you can beat your wives, hy make sure you don't break any bones....I think it'll get haram from that point forward. :hitwall: Face palm ultimate level. Don't take it from a religious point of view, no one desires mocking religion here. It's actually the people who give our religion a bad image.
13254134_732760203529022_4463123491306951057_n.jpg

Thread should not be taken seriously, it is only mocking these fake Mullahs.
if that is according to sahih hadith i am going to accept it
So if you can solve issues without using physical force would you choose to solve it in a peaceful manner, or would you prefer using force?
As far as the Religious script is concerned, religious discussions are not allowed on PDF. Even then i would say it falls in one's personal life, it's not really farz to use force when one can settle things in a much peaceful manner-through talking of course. And as times have evolved so have men, people don't like beating up their wives when they can solve issues in a more rational way. I think this is what Islam teaches us, force is not necessary.
PS: not challenging or denying any Religious script.
@Bratva ...

I will have to disagree here, it's not mocking religion as you guys might think...It's actually mocking these CII idiots. Apparently you can beat your wives, hy make sure you don't break any bones....I think it'll get haram from that point forward. :hitwall: Face palm ultimate level. Don't take it from a religious point of view, no one desires mocking religion here. It's actually the people who give our religion a bad image.

So if you can solve issues without using physical force would you choose to solve it in a peaceful manner, or would you prefer using force?
As far as the Religious script is concerned, religious discussions are not allowed on PDF. Even then i would say it falls in one's personal life, it's not really farz to use force when one can settle things in a much peaceful manner-through talking of course. And as times have evolved so have men, people don't like beating up their wives when they can solve issues in a more rational way. I think this is what Islam teaches us, force is not necessary.
@Bratva ...

Fun fact though, Amber heard got lightly beaten up by Jhonny deep few days ago. It is as if Jhonny depp was following Sheerani advice :P

@Bratva ...

@WAJsal yesterday I posted a comprehensive comment on this issue to clarify it to the best of my knowledge, but now when I look at it, the comment is no where to be found, can you please tell me what happened?

Back
Top Bottom