What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

Don't know how jannat will be for her but surely life is not less than hell for her.
What do you think, are you a women?
i didnt quite get your comment, can you please elaborate?

Don't know how jannat will be for her but surely life is not less than hell for her.
What do you think, are you a women?
Eh what? :what:
Damagh ki jagah aloo laga hey shayad
Inki khopri (skull) khali hoti hai

All I'm saying is it is FINE to give your wife a light beating if she does something stupid, for example, has an affair with someone else.
I really really hope that by "Light" beating you mean to say tapping with miswak

Sarthak miyan lagta hey ap pdf pey sirf chaskey lainey atey ho dosroan key phadey mein :D
――――――――――――
There are multiple views on this topic its best if we continue the statusqou and continue to view abuse as ala crime and enact tougher laws
Imagine, I killed a woman just for fun & law couldn't punish me.
Can you tell me as per Islam what type punishment will I get in hell & for how much time?
Can you go against Quran if you think you are right & Quran is wrong?
Cry your heart out, we couldn't care less. If you can't handle a light beating when you misbehave, you are a spoilt b*tch. End of story.

My ONLY issue is that women in Pakistan tend to not get their husbands punished when they misbehave. They should get their husbands family to give him a can of whoop@ss when he acts out of line.
I don't care what you think but I can't tolerate scolding even if I would have committed crime, punish me as law says.
I may be able to handle bullets but handling & tolerating are different things.
What will you do when your husband & husband's family scolding you or lightly/heavily beating you & you don't have a family while it is permitted in law.(Supposing you are a woman)
They are nothing but an advisory board their recommendations will be rejected like always no party or army wants to turn the clock after we have improved conditions of women in our country media (print and electronic) is mocking them
I know that,
Fun fact most divorces now in Pakistan are being initiated by women because of abuse finally slowly and steadily they are standing against abuse

A strong willed women has string willed children mithers who dont tolerate abuse teach their kids the same and their kids are more succesful in life
Fun fact most divorces are being initiated by women because of abuse finally slowly and steadily they are standing against abuse & law is not punishing their ex-husband even after her husband mentally & phisically torched her.
What about those who aren't getting divorce or can't get divorce.
Good, domestic abuse is horrible, I'm not advocating it. All I'm saying is it is FINE to give your wife a light beating if she does something stupid, for example, has an affair with someone else.
It is not fine to lightly beat or scold wife because in most of the countries it is accepted a punishable act including in India except for Muslims, that's why most Muslim women support Uniform Civil Code.
You can divorce if she is not doing what you want but scolding, even lightly beating is not justified.
What is the reason for her extramarital affair.
i didnt quite get your comment, can you please elaborate?
Sorry, actually I couldn't get that line, I thought I commented on "a woman will get Jannat if she is being beaten by husband & she is doing all her duty."
Edit:
I think now you got.

Seems you have a question and want a girl's take.

I'm a girl, what's the question?
Is it ok for you that your husband scolds you or lightly beat you because you have done some wrongdoing?
In what conditions?
Also, tell when you can & can't punish him when he does same.
Don't know whether I'm extreme feminist or not but I can't tolerate scolding even if she has an extramarital affair, for me divorce is justified before scolding & marital rape.
Yandere. Oh I love you, but now you're getting stabbed.

tumblr_nsivhrkYDu1sdddkbo1_500.gif
Sorry, I got only "Oh I love you part" because I'm very very poor in English usually use google translate for help, what do wanted to tell?
Edit: Also, I usually don't get smiles so I almost never use smilies. Didn't get this gif.

I think now you got.
I think i have already explained this confusion of "Light" beating in post no.35
here i will do it again for you
It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Read this too

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)

IF a jaahil still beats his wife after reading and understanding this than blame that jaahil not Islam
@Moonlight @django @Khafee

Last edited:
Islam is a pragmatic religion. There is a lot of stress in Islam for a positive, mutually beneficial and a happy relationship between husband and wife. Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said the best amongst you is the one who is best to his wife. Holy Prophet was kind and loving towards all of his wives. There is not a single incident of beating of the wives by Holy Prophet and his close companions. Islam even allows a woman to seek separation (cancellation of marriage) based upon her disliking of her husband's personality, she does not need to prove anything in the court if she says that she does not like his face or any other thing..that's enough....though the court will try to resolve the issue amicably and ask suggest her to review her decision, but if she is still not convinced, even court has no other option but to cancel the marriage and let her go and this is unprecedented even in 21st century. Not a single "western liberal" country provide such a protection to the women. To get a divorce, the spouse has to prove the moral turpitude of his/her partner. That's why marriage is not a popular option and couples are living their lives without legal marriage in west.

Last edited:
I don't care what you think but I can't tolerate scolding even if I would have committed crime, punish me as law says.)

So you would rather go to jail for years if you have committed a crime rather than receive a light smack?

Joke of the century.

I really really hope that by "Light" beating you mean to say tapping with miswak

Along those lines.

Scold? Yes. It's ok to be harsh with someone verbally, but in a non-threatening manner. But lightly beat? No, not ok.

I can yell at or scold him too, but it's never ok to harm him regardless of his actions. It's not ok for either party to become harmful with the other without their consent.

Where I live and in much of Europe and the US, domestic violence - harming ones family or spouse - is a criminal act. There's not distinction between light and harsh beatings, it's treated with the same gravity and severity.

I can't endorse light beatings or beatings of any kind in South Asia either.

What are you on about ? You beat me blue the other just because I asked for another slice of the Lemon Cheese Cake that Freyja baked for you ! :tsk:

On Topic: It is a horrible...horrible thing to say and can never be acceptable in any, even remotely, civilized society !

But what can you expect from these people ! :crazy:

I think i have already explained this confusion of "Light" beating in post no.35
here i will do it again for you
It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse". The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Read this too

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)[/QUOTE]
I read that before & it is very very controverisial verse, controversial means I simply don't like it & I'm against it, you may justify anything but you must accept that this verse has something controversial. You must present other verses too who justify lightly beating. One verse can't justify lightly beating. Caste sytem is controversial issue in Hinduism & people justify that if can be allowed as anyone from lower caste can go in upper caste as they can change caste as it is allowed but does it mean it can be contiued?
If anything is wrong that is wrong doesn't need justification people doing that must be punished doesn't matter whether it is allowed in religion or not.
After that, I posted my view.
For me wound of tounge is bigger than wound of sword.
Wound of sword has treatment but wound of tounge doesn't have.
Wound of tounge means verbal violence or scolding.
If you are scolding me while not solving my problem, for me it means you are proving that you are more powerful & superior than me.
I said before too, I support divorce but won't ever support scolding & beating your wife with even with toothbrush.

However, beating with toothbrush tells everything that you can beat her with rod.

In Hinduism, you can't commit any type of violence against women that includes thinking in mind, you are not allowed to do self-defence when women is going to kill you in one minute, what most you can do is run away or another women comes to protect you.(There have been many instances in scriptures & in history even after 1000 A.D. & can give example where women were being used as shied to kill more powerful enemies) but doesn't it translates that women can't protect themselves from men?
Do people in India follow that rule?
Most importantly, what makes difference is attitude towards women not that one verse.

@Moonlight @django @Khafee

Islam is a pragmatic religion. There is a lot of stress in Islam for a positive, mutually beneficial and a happy relationship between husband and wife. Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said the best amongst you is the one who is best to his wife. Holy Prophet was kind and loving towards all of his wives. There is not a single incident of beating of the wives by Holy Prophet and his close companions. Islam even allows a woman to seek separation (cancellation of marriage) based upon her disliking of her husband's personality, she does not need to prove anything in the court if she says that she does not like his face or any other thing..that's enough....though the court will try to resolve the issue amicably and ask suggest her to review her decision, but if she is still not convinced, even court has no other option but to cancel the marriage and let her go and this is unprecedented even in 21st century. Not a single "western liberal" country provide such a protection to the women. To get a divorce, the spouse has to prove the moral turpitude of his/her partner. That's why marriage is not a popular option and couples are living their lives without legal marriage in west.
Most of religion say same thing but you must accept that India & Pakistan are not good when matter of women comes & that doesn't need any justification.
Women in India & Pakistan are not getting divorce not because her husband are good but because they know almost all men are same when it comes to thier wife. & main thing is they have any other option left after her divorce.
Just make a law that you will get 10 million dollar when you get divorce, see how many get divorce... But doesn't do anything what needed to change is attitude of people not law.
Their are many states in India where you will get 7-20 lakh rupees as prize if you marry a girl from different caste but boys getting that is almost none because boys who marry girl from different caste don't need that money because they are educated.
& a large number of marriage in India are happening in same caste.
Because attitude need change not law & prize.

those who support light beating, how many of you would support it if it was not in your religious text.

I read that before & it is very very controverisial verse, controversial means I simply don't like it & I'm against it,
Well it's your choice than i have done my part of giving you an explanation of this you can obviously disagree with it the words are there what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has said about this is also there it's upto you now oh and there is a difference between Scolding and Admonishing, because there are so many meanings of word admonishing ... tell me honestly will you not try to talk to your wife at all if there is a problem between you two? will you just divorce her straight away without even trying to save it? and even that light beating (tapping with a miswak) is allowed in only extreme cases when talking and avoiding from sleeping with her has failed

Last edited:
Well it's your choice than i have done my part of giving you an explanation of this you can obviously disagree with it the words are there what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has said about this is also there it's upto you now oh and there is a difference between Scolding and Admonishing, because there are so many meanings of word admonishing ... tell me honestly will you not try to talk to your wife at all if there is a problem between you two? will you just divorce her straight away without even trying to save it?
Yes, I know difference between Scolding and Admonishing & both can be interperreted who justify wrongdoing.
If my wife have any problem than I will try to solve that problem even before telling her. I must think what caused her for wrongdoing, we can sort out problem after talking to each other before scolding & adminishing can be justified that I will do this thing if you do same thing again but threat isn't. Or you can say you will do same if she doesn't stops.
I posted an article in last post.

Back
Top Bottom