What's new

8-year-old saves 6 from fire, dies trying to save 7nth

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
This little boy was a hero. He did everything he could to save his loved ones in a time of need.

It's sad that there were so many people living and sleeping in such a small home. However, I'm sure plenty of us know folks in the same situation due to this economy.

Mobile homes have little survival rate when fires like this happen and they are extremely susceptible to fire.

Tyler J. Doohan knew he didn't have school Monday because of the holiday and asked his mother if it would be OK if he stayed at his grandfather's trailer here.

Tyler knew the place well. He stayed there frequently, playing with other kids in the Rochester, N.Y. suburb and having barbecues and bonfires with his family in the summer.

zv52dfe35a.jpg

Tyler was able to wake six people. including two other children ages 4 and 6, all of whom escaped. Tyler died when he tried to help Smith, who uses a wheelchair and crutches because he was without part of a leg.

Tyler Doohan

Tyler Doohan died as he tried to rescue his disabled uncle.(Photo: Courtesy of Beach family)
The relatives who escaped the fire, whom neighbors said included Tyler's grandmother, aunt and cousins, were taken to a hospital Strong Memorial Hospital with injuries that were not considered life threatening. One woman suffered second-degree burns as she helped others from the burning trailer, Ebmeyer said.
God damnit man..... His courage and empathy is just beyond the roof .. this news just made me emotional :cry:

Last edited:
What a bravery....... That kid make us look like babies.....

God damnit man..... His courage and empathy is just beyond the roof .. this news just made me emotional :cry:
thats in my city, the mother of the kid went to my high school.
very brave kid

May the little angle rest in peace - no words to describe his bravery. salute .....

Enjoy your new life in heaven little hero for it will never end !!! :)

Rest in Peace and heavens you bravo

I would've wet my pants at something like that when I was 8. Even now I would run away if I saw fire. I hate myself.

Remarkable bravery from the littlest brave man I have heard of. May people never forget his actions. That is the greatest service we can do.

Rest in Peace.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom