What's new

8 Bangladeshis executed in Saudi Arabia

Should not be done in public thu, not sure why would you do that ?

The whole point of the execution is to set an example. Other wise it would just be killing for revenge.

True, it would be very hard to watch, and i am also not sure who would like to watch that......

True, it would be very hard to watch, and i am also not sure who would like to watch that......

Nobody likes to watch that. Maybe just first timers out of curiosity. But the effect stays with you for life. Anyone who sees that would not only NOT commit murder. But every time he gets angry and thinks about killing someone the memory of the execution will hit him in the face that even the thought of murder becomes shivering.

they do it in public to create an example so that in future people would think twice before comitting such a crime!

Nobody likes to watch that. Maybe just first timers out of curiosity. But the effect stays with you for life. Anyone who sees that would not only NOT commit murder. But every time he gets angry and thinks about killing someone the memory of the execution will hit him in the face that even the thought of murder becomes shivering.
Yeah.... A person was just excuted in Georgia 3 weeks ago, and his execution was witnessed by others, so i think its done in other places too. I personally would not want to watch something like that.

I don't have any problem punishing the killer by sharia law . but what seems very sad to me that the Saudi authority didn't inform the embassy before there execution and if i am not wrong didn't gave the killer to talk with their relative for the last time . why they didn't ' ? any idea ?

Do you have to consider illeterate labor Bangladeshi (who are living at KSA)'s opinion? They will support this cause they live to support KSA.
Maybe tomorrow, u will see a media blast in Bangladesh. Atleast, u poor guys dont own the media. Poor you ovaga Bangladeshi's, who cant condemn the murder (cause the verdict is not still seems lawful)
you are comparing between two different thing... Indians kill cattle traders... Shoot at first sight policy.... Death punishment for such a minor crime.... Where as these murderers went through trials , was executed according to their law... Not only bangladeshis were beheaded yesterday, some saudis were beheaded also for other crimes....

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I don't have any problem punishing the killer by sharia law . but what seems very sad to me that the Saudi authority didn't inform the embassy before there execution and if i am not wrong didn't gave the killer to talk with their relative for the last time . why they didn't ' ? any idea ?
i think this trial is well known and happened two years ago... Our foreign ministry was well aware of this in that time... Most probably After this incident Saudi wanted to minimize labour export from bangladesh

Justice denied, say families

The relatives of the Bangladeshi workers executed in Saudi Arabia on Friday found the beheadings extremely shocking and felt that those executed were denied justice.

Some of them passed out instantly on hearing the news, report our correspondents.

“My wife Rokeya is seriously sick. She is just lying down, unable to speak or eat”, said Shamsul Haque, father of Masud Jamaluddin, one of the eight workers beheaded by the Saudi authorities for robbery and killing an Egyptian man in Riyadh in 2007.

Shamsul Haque, a landless farmer at Purbashuva village in Kalihati, Tangail, told The Daily Star over phone that he could not take his wife to any doctor yet. “I am going to talk to a doctor for medicine”, he said last night.

Haque said he had sent his son to Saudi Arabia eight years back selling off his farmland. Now he has nothing but the seven decimals of homestead, he said.

The wretched father said in the last five years, he along with the relatives of the other convicts tried out various means. They came to the Egyptian embassy, the expatriates' welfare and overseas employment ministry in Dhaka, and held press conferences, he said.

“I tried everything, but failed to save my son. Can eight people be executed for one?” he asked.

Shafikul Islam, another convict, hailed from Shakhipur, Tangail. His cousin Shahjahan Firoz said Shafikul's parents -- Khoaz Uddin and Raushan Ara -- stopped taking meals since they learnt the news of his execution on Friday.

Shafikul's brother Shahinur Islam staying in Dubai is almost unconscious. He will return home leaving his job there, he said.

“Though all the eight Bangladeshis have been buried in Saudi Arabia, we will submit a petition seeking return of Shafikul's body home,” Shahjahan said, reports our Tangail correspondent.

Din Islam, younger brother of Matiar Rahman of Faridpur, another convict, said they feel they have been totally denied justice. According to his earlier conversation with Matiar, he was not at all involved in the incident of stealing or killing the Egyptian man.

He also said the claim that the Bangladesh embassy in Saudi Arabia appointed lawyers for the accused is false. The embassy also did not effectively communicate with the Egyptian's family for clemency, he added.

Our Kishoreganj correspondent reports: The family and relatives of Md Sumon burst into tears as the news of his execution in Saudi Arabia reached there last evening. The victim's parents -- Asia Khatun and Abdul Hye -- repeatedly fell unconscious

how do you know?? have you been there?? It is not rare to find saudi back bangladeshis and i asked about this.... Most common reply is - it is mostly us (uneducated workers) who create anarchy there and spoil the name of our country ...... So, even those people who used to work in saudi arabia do not blame them .... May i know your source?? Or it is just paranoia??

Not true...many uneducated South Asians get treated like crap. many work hard and do everything possible to avoid trouble, but the locals prey upon them because they are usually poor and illerate.

you are comparing between two different thing... Indians kill cattle traders... Shoot at first sight policy.... Death punishment for such a minor crime.... Where as these murderers went through trials , was executed according to their law... Not only bangladeshis were beheaded yesterday, some saudis were beheaded also for other crimes....

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

i think this trial is well known and happened two years ago... Our foreign ministry was well aware of this in that time... Most probably After this incident Saudi wanted to minimize labour export from bangladesh

Those cattle traders you mentioned are also smuggling weapons and illegal immigrants who are affilated to terrorists. its a national security issue, not as simple as you make out.

Their country, their rules.

you are comparing between two different thing... Indians kill cattle traders... Shoot at first sight policy.... Death punishment for such a minor crime.... Where as these murderers went through trials , was executed according to their law... Not only bangladeshis were beheaded yesterday, some saudis were beheaded also for other crimes...

One guy was from my state was beheaded in KSA for carrying narcotics. He repeatedly said that he was tricked to carry them by the travel agent that recruited him(may be he is telling the truth). During the trial the judge asked him only 2 questions (according to the report published in the local newspaper), did the bag belonged to him and was he the last one to close the bag for which he answered yes , case closed and judgement for beheading was given by the Sharia Court.So I have no belief that KSA court will deliver justice.

“Though all the eight Bangladeshis have been buried in Saudi Arabia, we will submit a petition seeking return of Shafikul's body home,” Shahjahan said, reports our Tangail correspondent.

Body should had been returned to the familly provided they pay for the plane fare.

Back
Top Bottom