What's new

700 Scientists Quit DRDO

Yet there are more reasons to join IAF. Given that IAF has around 200 openings for all over India, and millions of aspirants flock in to give exams, only handful gets selected. So they are the best brains in business. Those who join IAF, obviously doesn't join for money.

I tried, failed to qualify the written.

Off course, majority join their armed forces through sheer patriotism while others are there for monetary reasons and when the opportunity for better incentives arrives, they are first to quit.

Kk if you are one talented engineer who wants to explore without boundaries whould you like to stay in an organisation where you have to wait years for GOvt approvals and funding or you would to to a much bigger dynamic company like Tata???

Its a great dilemma in Pakistan also...
NESCOM and Atomic energy Commission lose skilled work force on regular basis...
mainly they immigrate abroad....

Sometimes i think Pakistan should create a sort of Sim city or Forbidden city for people like these...
A city where commoners are forbidden and you need to work your way into the city....only highly educated people and people who served the country significantly... allowed to live in the city...

That way this outward torrent of talent may stop....
Most people leave Pakistan and India for Quality of life not exactly money

You know what pisses off good scientist apart from pathetic pay? The rigidity of not being able to do anything other than what sarkari dodos tell you to do. That's what bugs and annoys a scientific, exploratory and questioning mind. That is exactly what these DRDO scientists are increasingly getting fed up with.

Either that... or suffer a radical erosion of scientific talent and be permanently dependent on imports.

Good thing about this is that the resigned ones are picked up by private defence companies.

Everyday there is an annoucement of a JV with an international defence firm , a new project of a shipping or a defence unit or launch of a private defence firm.

The TATA's , the Reliances, the Mahindras etc etc are setting up their own defence research labs. Ipersonally have posted threads about more than 30 such arrangements in the private sectors.

SaaB,EADS, GE, Dassault, Lockheed, Boeing, etc etc have foothold here..

Who is going to work for them... ofcourse guys with experiance in the field... where do u get them?, Of course DRDO...

Already the results are showing of the greater pay and better professionalism.

Aaaalll is welll in this case and there shouldnt be any worry about the newer scientists opting for more lucrative career outside the governmental mess.

They quit a job not the country. Good for them. Private sector jobs pays more. DRDO needs to increase its pay outs.

would be nice to know what % of turnover this is i.e. its around 116 per year . But % is it of the total employment base.

Mate todays Private firms are playing more important role in Defense contracts.

dude that's what happens when every street has a engineering college and subsequent lack of competition in entrance thereof . it is not that those student are dumb but they are dumbed due to it .

Well having all these engineering colleges definitely promotes education atleast in quantity if not quality. India produces about 800000 or 8 lack engineers per year out of which only 80000 are capable of being hired. Almost 5000 from IIt simply leave the country. The day the graduate you know what they say, "THANK YOU FOR EDUCATION NOW **** YOU INDIA". India produces enough good engineers but we need to hold on to talent by giving them freedom and oppurtunity.

Mate todays Private firms are playing more important role in Defense contracts.

which is good a thing. India needs to learn from the best " what works" from the US on this. Sure our govt helps fund projects for private industries as a proof of concept , but that's all they should be involved with. It's growing pains ...i'm sure.

Good thing about this is that the resigned ones are picked up by private defence companies.

Everyday there is an annoucement of a JV with an international defence firm , a new project of a shipping or a defence unit or launch of a private defence firm.

The TATA's , the Reliances, the Mahindras etc etc are setting up their own defence research labs. Ipersonally have posted threads about more than 30 such arrangements in the private sectors.

SaaB,EADS, GE, Dassault, Lockheed, Boeing, etc etc have foothold here..

Who is going to work for them... ofcourse guys with experiance in the field... where do u get them?, Of course DRDO...

Already the results are showing of the greater pay and better professionalism.

Aaaalll is welll in this case and there shouldnt be any worry about the newer scientists opting for more lucrative career outside the governmental mess.

true but then govt will have buy the defence hardware from private firms and that will be very expensive....

true but then govt will have buy the defence hardware from private firms and that will be very expensive....

Private firms are equally cost competitive as DRDO. They have to make the product cheap so govt comes to them than DRDO. India eventually has to shift over to private industry.

I think PAF pilots should join PIA to save it.. also they are just big liabilities as we can see during op geronimo, salala attack and uncountable drone attacks :tongue:

Unlike the IAF in the 90s, the PAF was never short of pilots....and when it does come to actual battle the PAF boys have decisively proved their calibre more than once. Even today, it has some 3000 assorted pilots.... including the guy in my avatar, ready to meet any challenge. !!......BTW, how is Kingfisher coming along. !!

I disagree, Pvt. firms only need the huge capital for R&D, their manufacturing process and adherence to quality is above par.. in most cases.

Its not i fix the price u buy it scheme we follow. Government fixes the rate , gets the bidders, whoever quotes least and passes quality tests gets the deal. You been around long, you should be knowing this.

Ofcourse some norms are relaxed for state owned firms like HAL, DRDO.. but private firms need to be on par with international standards, that where the Joint ventures comes into play.

that is the point..u have so many extra pilots lend them to PIA... because they are not doing anything ... Kamra attack made them more useless...

valor has been seen against pilotless drones... :tongue: I hope the guy in ur avatar is ready to meet a predator.. laughing stock
I think we were discussing an Indian organisation here before your Pakistan obsession got the better of you.
We know your kind habitually like shooting over others shoulders, but i will not descend to your level and keep the momentum on India/Pakistan...... Now, IAF is the fourth largest air-force in the world.....with majority of it's equipment stationed against Pakistan border....... Still.... Pak planes violated Indian air space 23 times in 3 years: Govt - Times Of India.....now go and work that out. !!

Its not i fix the price u buy it scheme we follow. Government fixes the rate , gets the bidders, whoever quotes least and passes quality tests gets the deal. You been around long, you should be knowing this.

Ofcourse some norms are relaxed for state owned firms like HAL, DRDO.. but private firms need to be on par with international standards, that where the Joint ventures comes into play.

For comparison...
USA and USSR-
What USA had in 1000 dollar USSR had in 100 dollar.
Reason....USA bought from pribate firms....USSR had govt organisations for the same.

For comparison...
USA and USSR-
What USA had in 1000 dollar USSR had in 100 dollar.
Reason....USA bought from pribate firms....USSR had govt organisations for the same.

You dont know how we do it here....

US had it for 1000 , USSR had it for 100. India buys from USSR for 1000. True story

I think we were discussing an Indian organisation here before your Pakistan obsession got the better of you.
We know your kind habitually like shooting over others shoulders, but i will not descend to your level and keep the momentum on India/Pakistan...... Now, IAF is the fourth largest air-force in the world.....with majority of it's equipment stationed against Pakistan border....... Still.... Pak planes violated Indian air space 23 times in 3 years: Govt - Times Of India.....now go and work that out. !!

:lol: can u tell me how many times pilotless and non pilotless jets have crossed pakistan's border ?

Back
Top Bottom