Designation Pay Scale ( Basic Pay Rs.) Grade Pay
Scientist 'B' 15,600-39,100 5400/-
Scientist `C' 15,600-39,100 6600/-
Scientist `D' 15,600-39,100 7600/-
Scientist `E' 37,400-67,000/- 8700/-
Scientist `F' 37,400-67,000/- 8900/-
Scientist `G' 37,400-67,000/- 10000/-
Scientist `H' 67000-79,000/- ----
Distinguished Scientist 75,500-80,000/- (HAG+Scale)
Secretary DRDO, DG R&D and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri (SA to RM) : Rs. 80,000 (Fixed)

Thats the base pay.. actual pay will be easily *2.5 .. notwithstanding the cheap canteens and other tonnes of benefits which a central govt job brings.. DAMN.. thats not less !! Never knew that.. Thanks .

@wanglaokan.. GTFO !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the base pay.. actual pay will be easily *2.5 .. notwithstanding the cheap canteens and other tonnes of benefits which a central govt job brings.. DAMN.. thats not less !! Never knew that.. Thanks .

Exactly, one could understand once Indian pilots quitting the air force to join budget airlines but here the pay scale is not exactly desperate.

now i know why DRDO projects takes such long time,and een then rarely get completed...
govt should raise their salaries.

Well, that explain your frustration. Waise padosi mulk me chanda mil raha ke nahi? :D
padosi mulk(pak) jab indian sailors ko pirates se release karwne ke liye chanda de sakta hai to indian populace ke khane ke liye bhi chanda de sakta hai.

That one good point about my sasural that they will remain hungry but wont turn a destitute from their doorsteps.:tup:

@wanglaokan.. GTFO !!

This was what I was talking about.:) The 6th pay commission was implemented in 2007 with retrospective effect from 2004 or so. So the arrears that these guys received was mind boggling :cheesy:

It definitely has to do with the work culture. Talented employees are recognized more in private sectors and are given better "oppurtunities". However not everything is rosy in private sector as well. You will realize once you start working there. Loath is the day when i decided to join private sector. I wish I was working for central government now. But alas, that ship has passed! I cannot make a switch now.

Hopefully people realize it and come back to organizations like DRDO. More importantly these organization should pursue more aggresilvey to retain the best talents by proactively implementing more of employee engagement.

Exactly, one could understand once Indian pilots quitting the air force to join budget airlines but here the pay scale is not exactly desperate.
Only one positive point of govt job is the job security.There were times in 1980s when govt employee were most respected.After 1990s generation are not averse to take risk.hence most prefer pvt companies coz they pay much better.

@wanglaokan.. GTFO !!

nobody leaves because of salary , but recognition . when politicians sits as snakes on management , giving favors to incompetent bootlickers who do nothing for good of country , that's what happens . just assume if i were a scientist there and told to shelve an important project i was working on since the politicians have to purchase from abroad , better for me to leave then tolerate this BS. you can easily think why ISRO projects go right , because there is no alternative so politicians can't hold them back.

hahaha why some people are celebrating the scientist QUIT festivel ??? First stop your countrymen from blowing up and build a decent DRDO type organisation to jump with joy. I will congrats you if you could build one ORG and if you can run it better than India :tup: trolls :rofl:

Hmmph you should be happy they stayed in India, Ours are getting Jobs in Russia At Nuclear Powerplants... Not contributing to Turkish Economy. But then again, we are talking about India, enough geniuses around...

I wonder how many joined DRDO at the same time span....after finding the joining number...we can have clear picture in this regard......

padosi mulk(pak) jab indian sailors ko pirates se release karwne ke liye chanda de sakta hai to indian populace ke khane ke liye bhi chanda de sakta hai.

That one good point about my sasural that they will remain hungry but wont turn a destitute from their doorsteps.:tup:

Heard about that, hopefully will get invited to Pakistan someday. Shayed @Imran Khan apne shadi me bulayega. :D

i think DRDO should be broken down into verticals.. too much nepotism and internal politics is killing the organization..

You kidding! Budget airlines like Indigo pays more than 3 lakhs per month, they even have retired pilots from Russia and Europe.

Back
Top Bottom