What's new

700 Scientists Quit DRDO

yeah its yrue. it happens after reliance aerospace program was announced. my cousin also got a job from reliance aerospace and his friend got job TATA's defence sector but both were colleagues in DRDO in a same cader. most of our scientists working here only,those who moved out from DRDO and HAL. and few moved to PIPAVAV in recenty established submarine construction area and also he said 3 persons got administrative side job in dassault india.l

Isn't that the story of all PSUs in India.. ?

And btw, Bangalore is one of the most costliest cities in India.. the pay scientists get in DRDO is not enough to survive in a city like Bangalore..

damn, a decent food will cost you easily 600-800 bucks per head which is atrocious !!! Everything from Bus Fares and Auto fares are so expensive in Bangalore.. ( yes and I have lived in Delhi for more than 15 years ) ..

And you won't get those road side stalls selling really good stuffs which is the case in Mumbai and Delhi.. Only BRANDED stuffs..

Also, a movie show ticket for a decent release will hover around 400-700 bucks in PVR/INOX etc.. damn I can get a BSNL unlimited 4 MBps broadband for that amount and download sh!t loads of movies..

Now that means you havent seen the areas of actual bangalore but more of its glitzy malls. Quite understandable and same is the case with many "outside" people. But still Bangalore is lot cheaper compared to Delhi and Mumbai for things like housing etc. And with regards to food you can get decent south indian food for as little as 30 rs per meal. The city is full of udupi darshinis and the food you get there is rather tasty and hygenic as well. For food and shelter, Bangalore is way cheaper compared to Mumbai and Delhi.

Movie tickets, yes I concur. It is idiotically priced. The government should put a cap on it just like how TN has for Chennai. But the multiplex lobby wont approve for it. Strange thing to note is inspite of this ridiculously hihg price, theaters are full!. Blame the IT crowd who have more "dispensable" income (I might say i belong to that category). But seriously high movie ticket price should in no way be a deciding factor to quit job.

One important thing is education. The private school that charge here are bloody rip off's. A decent to good private schoold would charge anywhere between 50k to 1 lac INR for nursery/kindergarten tution fees! Now that high ( I dont know the situation in Delhi and Mumbai, but i have heard it's more or less the same; but its definitely less in chennai). The government should intervene and put a cap on this, its high time.

But this thing for DRDO employees is that they can get their kids admitted to KV's ( Kendriya vidyalayas) which are one of the best schools in the country. And they just charge a nominal fees for central government employees.

And with regards to pay, after the 6th pay commission, they have gotten a huge rise. Infact compared to private sector, they get paid more and with some better facilities like schooling for kids etc.

So, IMO, the issue is not with pay/cost of living, but rather with the work culture in organization itself. I have heard that there is lot of politics for promotion and all ( especially caste based politics- not sure about DRDO but the issue exists in most of the central govt offices). And one more deciding factor could be that in central govt offices you wont get much oppurtunity to travel abroad. Now this, in India, is a major deciding factor. People would rather choose a job which has foreign travel even though its paying less than your current job.

u call bisabella bath for breakfast and lunch and dinner as a decent meal ? LMAO..

Yes bangalore is not beverly hills and yes "low income people" do survive in all major cities.. BUt "those scientists" didn't study for 10+ years after school only to eat bisabella bath (rice) in lunch dinner and breakfast all around the year !!

I am almost certain half of them took huge loans to be there where they are now.. so why on earth will they work there ?

Well it is a decent meal for the locals. It's a local cuisine. And rather a delicious one. And in most of the hotels you will get a full fledged south indian meal with no greater than 50 Rs. Its the place where you choose to go. If you go in upmarket areas like UB city, MG road and Indiranagar, obviously the cost will be high

And you get all kinda cusinies starting from 100 per head. It depends on the restnts. you choose.

I dont know about present rates but all those karnataka style bisabella rice etc breakfast/lunch used to cost Rs.1.50 at ADA in last decade.

Last Decade....:cheesy:
Aapke zamane ki baate nhi ho rhi yha kripya aapni jawani hi khaniya khai aur jake sunaye n kam se kam budhape me to trolling chor do yar...:)

Though i do not agree that they leave job for better food and everyday services. As Gov. jobs have almost everything at the least price you can expect. They have free housing , bills, food at as low as 5 rupees a plate.

They are leaving coz private companies are opening up in defence sector and with higher salaries. Everyone has got their dreams and they are not bounded labor . The ultimate looser is DRDO , either they come up with better package for them or roll red carpet for private players in every defence sector.

They are leaving coz they are graduates from top IITs/NITs/State colleges and their reporting managers are diploma holders recruited in early 90s .. PERIOD.

Now that means you havent seen the areas of actual bangalore but more of its glitzy malls. Quite understandable and same is the case with many "outside" people. But still Bangalore is lot cheaper compared to Delhi and Mumbai for things like housing etc. And with regards to food you can get decent south indian food for as little as 30 rs per meal. The city is full of udupi darshinis and the food you get there is rather tasty and hygenic as well. For food and shelter, Bangalore is way cheaper compared to Mumbai and Delhi.

Movie tickets, yes I concur. It is idiotically priced. The government should put a cap on it just like how TN has for Chennai. But the multiplex lobby wont approve for it. Strange thing to note is inspite of this ridiculously hihg price, theaters are full!. Blame the IT crowd who have more "dispensable" income (I might say i belong to that category). But seriously high movie ticket price should in no way be a deciding factor to quit job.

One important thing is education. The private school that charge here are bloody rip off's. A decent to good private schoold would charge anywhere between 50k to 1 lac INR for nursery/kindergarten tution fees! Now that high ( I dont know the situation in Delhi and Mumbai, but i have heard it's more or less the same; but its definitely less in chennai). The government should intervene and put a cap on this, its high time.

But this thing for DRDO employees is that they can get their kids admitted to KV's ( Kendriya vidyalayas) which are one of the best schools in the country. And they just charge a nominal fees for central government employees.

And with regards to pay, after the 6th pay commission, they have gotten a huge rise. Infact compared to private sector, they get paid more and with some better facilities like schooling for kids etc.

So, IMO, the issue is not with pay/cost of living, but rather with the work culture in organization itself. I have heard that there is lot of politics for promotion and all ( especially caste based politics- not sure about DRDO but the issue exists in most of the central govt offices). And one more deciding factor could be that in central govt offices you wont get much oppurtunity to travel abroad. Now this, in India, is a major deciding factor. People would rather choose a job which has foreign travel even though its paying less than your current job.

I have been to many "corners" of bangalore trust me !!

The real estate prices in Delhi and Mumbai are much cheaper than Bangalore.. even in interior parts of Murgeshpalya or Tavarekere or Bannerghatta side or Whitefield side, you will have to shell out easily 20K for a decent 2 BHK apartment.. Back in Delhi, the rented house where I stay is much much bigger than the one I stay here in koramangala..

anyways, let's not digress from the topic here.. They are leaving cause of "relatively" less pay and they are sick of internal politics and taking orders from dumbfcuks from higher up who know sh!t

Those who want to leave can go..there r thousands well qualified scientists and engineers waiting in the flank..but DRDO has stopped recruitment of scientists for the past two years

Those who want to leave can go..there r thousands well qualified scientists and engineers waiting in the flank..but DRDO has stopped recruitment of scientists for the past two years

LOL.. DRDO isn't an IT company where coders come and go.. The stuffs they work on, experience is GOLD !!

They are leaving coz they are graduates from top IITs/NITs/State colleges and their reporting managers are diploma holders recruited in early 90s .. PERIOD.

I have been to many "corners" of bangalore trust me !!

The real estate prices in Delhi and Mumbai are much cheaper than Bangalore.. even in interior parts of Murgeshpalya or Tavarekere or Bannerghatta side or Whitefield side, you will have to shell out easily 20K for a decent 2 BHK apartment.. Back in Delhi, the rented house where I stay is much much bigger than the one I stay here in koramangala..

anyways, let's not digress from the topic here.. They are leaving cause of "relatively" less pay and they are sick of internal politics and taking orders from dumbfcuks from higher up who know sh!t

Hmm, lets just agree to disagree on the rel estate front, but I do not concur your views. Anyways thats digressing from the topic, that I agree.

Coming back to the topic, I highly doubt it's the pay. The 6th pay commision has done wonders.

And yes, i agree about your internal politics. It rather restricts your career growth. So it's possible that talented and ambitious people are not recognised and hence they leave the organization.

Designation Pay Scale ( Basic Pay Rs.) Grade Pay
Scientist 'B' 15,600-39,100 5400/-
Scientist `C' 15,600-39,100 6600/-
Scientist `D' 15,600-39,100 7600/-
Scientist `E' 37,400-67,000/- 8700/-
Scientist `F' 37,400-67,000/- 8900/-
Scientist `G' 37,400-67,000/- 10000/-
Scientist `H' 67000-79,000/- ----
Distinguished Scientist 75,500-80,000/- (HAG+Scale)
Secretary DRDO, DG R&D and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri (SA to RM) : Rs. 80,000 (Fixed)

DRDO is a failed organization.

I dont think so. Any specific reasons. Please dont come up with same old arjun and tejas. If I tell you the list of products they have built you will be baffled. But yes they suck in project management.

It is impossible to have a decent argument with some people here.. :tdown:
After all you only made it indecent.

Aapko milta hai?
ji nahi ussi ke liye chanda ikkattha kar rahi hoon.

Last Decade....:cheesy:
Aapke zamane ki baate nhi ho rhi yha kripya aapni jawani hi khaniya khai aur jake sunaye n kam se kam budhape me to trolling chor do yar...:)
pichchhla dasak 2 saal pahale hi khatam hua hai janab.

Back
Top Bottom