What's new

700 Scientists Quit DRDO

Learnt from a cousin who works in DRDO that Govt has come out heaviliy on DRDO to expedite and deliver the projects on time. DRDO inturn started screwing the work force which has resulted in this clean up.

New hiring process will ensure better guys are hired. India doesn't have dearth of Scientists.....

Javed bhai, why are you dancing? :undecided: These guys are the disgruntled lot and those superseded for promotions. The DRDO has a total workforce of 30,000 including 15000 scientists. 100 scientists quitting per year means an attrition rate amounting to peanuts - far, far less than the average in the corporate world or anywhere else.

You may now reconsider your dancing episodes! :P In fact there's nothing to crow about! :smokin:

Cheers!

You kidding! Budget airlines like Indigo pays more than 3 lakhs per month, they even have retired pilots from Russia and Europe.

Hence, more the reason for pilots to quit the IAF and join these airlines.....exactly the point i was making. !!

My best friends elder brother was a scientist in DRDO.. he left it to pursue his MTECH from IIT Kanpur.. he looked really frustrated the last time when i met him.. that was couple of years ago.. now the cond seems to have nosedived furthur.. :(

Seems the problem has been there for last several years.....it should have made some head way by now.

DRDO seeks 400 pc salary hike - Indian Express

Hence, more the reason for pilots to quit the IAF and join these airlines.....exactly the point i was making. !!

Yet there are more reasons to join IAF. Given that IAF has around 200 openings for all over India, and millions of aspirants flock in to give exams, only handful gets selected. So they are the best brains in business. Those who join IAF, obviously doesn't join for money.

I tried, failed to qualify the written.

but you do not get automatic and guaranteed promotions in pvt companies.. The benefits which armed forces provides are in a class of its own, you actually can survive spending very less of your salary and see you A/C balance grow, have seen many like that.

@Topic -The problem lies in the work culture, lackluster attitude of being in a "Sarkari naukri", not just with DRDO but with every govt. org.. The govt. sector has to be reformed like in pvt. companies (hire the best and fire the worst)

First of all as an engineering student in Canada I can that engineers coming from India are extremely low and pathetic quality. Sometimes you are ashamed to say that he is an Indian engineer from bla bla uni. Most of these pathetic quality engineers work in organisations like DRDO. The talented ones lease ASAP they get a better job at a private firm. DRDO has no scope for growth so why stay there for a long time. Only the ones who are truly interested in Aerospace and missiles and have a passion for it will stay in DRDO. If it was me I would leave it.

Actually the pay scale isn't that bad.....
Then why they are leaving?

Hope they help other industry players. Private companies that want to get into defense.

Great thread. Hope the establishment takes notice and do the necessary.

Please share this link to everywhere.. spread the word.

Actually the pay scale isn't that bad.....
Then why they are leaving?
Kk if you are one talented engineer who wants to explore without boundaries whould you like to stay in an organisation where you have to wait years for GOvt approvals and funding or you would to to a much bigger dynamic company like Tata???

They quit a job not the country. Good for them. Private sector jobs pays more. DRDO needs to increase its pay outs.

would be nice to know what % of turnover this is i.e. its around 116 per year . But % is it of the total employment base.

You know what pisses off good scientist apart from pathetic pay? The rigidity of not being able to do anything other than what sarkari dodos tell you to do. That's what bugs and annoys a scientific, exploratory and questioning mind. That is exactly what these DRDO scientists are increasingly getting fed up with.

Same old rusted paperwork procedures, obtaining thousands of clearances, waiting for years, delays, funding gaps, shoestring budgets, unjust demands from military and childish behavior and allegations by corrupt top brass....etc.

How long do you think they'd take it?

It is time that the government realizes the futility of PSUs in defense and opens it up for public shares and private purchase. There maybe a shortage of such tech companies in our country but there is no shortage of empires that can transform defense research into a premier forte of our country.

It is time that the government realizes that this is the 1991 point for defense sector like how it was then for the economy to open up.

Either that... or suffer a radical erosion of scientific talent and be permanently dependent on imports.

First of all as an engineering student in Canada I can that engineers coming from India are extremely low and pathetic quality. Sometimes you are ashamed to say that he is an Indian engineer from bla bla uni. Most of these pathetic quality engineers work in organisations like DRDO. The talented ones lease ASAP they get a better job at a private firm. DRDO has no scope for growth so why stay there for a long time. Only the ones who are truly interested in Aerospace and missiles and have a passion for it will stay in DRDO. If it was me I would leave it.

dude that's what happens when every street has a engineering college and subsequent lack of competition in entrance thereof . it is not that those student are dumb but they are dumbed due to it .

Back
Top Bottom