What's new

700 Scientists Quit DRDO

Thats true, but they cant replace experience

Hmm....but experience is not everything is it .
Today i earn in about 2 years more than a guy who is working as the same rank as mine for about 10 years in the same company .
The use of Bhejaa matters ; experience is a secondary thing

Nothing new here . People has been usong DRDO and ISRO stepping stone before they join private sector even go abroad .

Very few organzations in india do the kinds of defence R&D work done at DRDO ,hence as private players are coming up in defence sector these guys get very lucratives offers.

Otherwise the salary and overall perks of DRDO employees are decent.

Pacific Mall opposite the Anand Vihar Bus terminal .. It is one of it's kind in Asia :D

Executive class tickets for 320 bucks.

Yes, read now, that one is by BIG cinemas. I wish BIG cinemas would open up IMAX in Bangalore, they always charge reasonably, PVR's are highly priced. (tickets by BIG cinemas for nomal screen is usually around Rs.150 in bangalore)

Check this for a PVR screen in Delhi NCR, a normal screen in some malls would cost 350 ( heck there is a directors cut screen in vasant kunj where the ticket is priced Rs. 1050 !! ) which is more or less the same as Bangalore, Kormangala . PVR is also mulling an IMAX in Delhi, my guess would be the ticket price is would be in the same range as here in Bangalore. PVR is just a costlier brand!
PVRCinemas.com - Happy Movie Days! Watch the best of English, Hindi & Regional movies at a PVR near you.[Movies]&filmid=HO00004648

And I swear this will be last off topic post! :P

Coming back to topic, now that someone has pointed out, 700 in 7 years isnt that bad, even am beginning to wonder. What is the total employee base of DRDO (toal number of scientists)? Anything less than 5% per year is not that bad IMO.

Yes, read now, that one is by BIG cinemas. I wish BIG cinemas would open up IMAX in Bangalore, they always charge reasonably, PVR's are highly priced. (tickets by BIG cinemas for nomal screen is usually around Rs.150 in bangalore)

Check this for a PVR screen in Delhi NCR, a normal screen in some malls would cost 350 ( heck there is a directors cut screen in vasant kunj where the ticket is priced Rs. 1050 !! ) which is more or less the same as Bangalore, Kormangala . PVR is also mulling an IMAX in Delhi, my guess would be the ticket price is would be in the same range as here in Bangalore. PVR is just a costlier brand!
PVRCinemas.com - Happy Movie Days! Watch the best of English, Hindi & Regional movies at a PVR near you.[Movies]&filmid=HO00004648

And I swear this will be last off topic post! :P

Coming back to topic, now that someone has pointed out, 700 in 7 years isnt that bad, even am beginning to wonder. What is the total employee base of DRDO (toal number of scientists)? Anything less than 5% per year is not that bad IMO.

LOL.. Are u talking of PVR saket ? damn.. last time I went with my GF, had to pay through the nose for couple of tickets :(

So much has already been said on this topic.For me it shows how much bigger an organization the DRDO is.It's still up and running.Opening new slots for the new blooming talent.
Probably there is no bond to keep the employees engaged.

DRDO bleeds as scientists desert organisation in droves

DRDO-logo.png

Young scientists are leaving India’s premier defence research agency in large numbers.Defence Research Development Organisation (Drdo), responsible for developing indigenous defence systems, has not been able to retain its young scientists over the last seven years or so.

Close to 1,000 scientists have resigned from Drdo since 2007, but it is the exit of young scientists (Scientist ‘B’ and Scientist ‘C’ grades) that is a cause of concern.

The scientists in these grades are critical for research and development of a number of indigenous defence projects in areas such as aeronautics, armaments, combat vehicles, electronics and missiles.

Between 2007 and 2009, around 285 scientists in ‘B’ grade and 162 in ‘C’ resigned. Over the next four years, between 2010 and 2013, there was a small drop as 162 in grade ‘B’ and 77 in ‘C’ resigned.

The flight of the younger scientists is in complete contrast to the resignation to the senior scientists in ‘D’, ‘E’, ‘F’ ‘G’ ‘Outstanding’ ‘Distinguished’ categories, as between 2007 and 2013 only 86 resigned.

Following the high attrition rate in 2012, mainly due to availability better opportunities and incentives in the private sector, the ministry of defence (MoD) announced a few incentives and corrective measures to retain scientists.

The measures included two additional increments on promotion to each Grade, up to six variable increments on promotion granted on fast track, professional update allowance to all scientists, fast track promotions through assessments, opportunity to acquire higher qualifications at reputed institutes viz. IIT`s / IISc, etc. as Drdo sponsored candidate, young Scientists, Scientist of the Year and other Drdo awards in recognition to their contributions and creation of excellent infrastructure facilities at work places and residential complexes.

The incentives, however, have not been able to stop the exodus. Defence minister AK Antony said in Parliament recently that ‘personal and for pursuing higher studies’ as the reason for the scientists leaving the organisation.

Drdo has a sanctioned strength of 7,500 and is currently short of a few hundred scientists.

DRDO bleeds as scientists desert organisation in droves | idrw.org

Back
Top Bottom