What's new

7 Iranians arrested for dancing to a song called " Happy"

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Young Iranians Arrested For Dancing In 'Happy' Pharrell Video

Sources report that seven to eight young Iranians have been arrested in Tehran, for the simple crime of being "Happy."

Three men and three women danced unveiled to Pharrell Williams' smash hit in a video that was widely shared on social media, garnering over 30,000 views before it was taken down. Copies have been quickly re-uploaded as news of the arrest has broken, sparking the hashtag #FreeHappyIranians.

Young Iranians Arrested For Dancing In 'Happy' Pharrell Video

---------------

another fine example of backwardness among countries that use religion to define their constitution...

yes. arresting these ppl was very important to mullahs. they endangered iran's national security. stupid mullahs. fighting against the very things that could at least give them a civilized look. bearded buffoons.

I thought the new Iranian leader was a reformer?

Theres nothing lewd in their actions....being a hipster aint a crime. IF the news is true , its a big shame on the mullah brigade.

They can dance but not in video on Internet so everybody can see them especially without hijab

Are you being serious?

because they were dancing? Can you please explain?

This guys is not even Iranian. Even if he were, he wouldn't represent an ordinary Iranian either. I personally wouldn't dance on the street as I hate dancing in general, its too feminine for my taste. But if other people want to dance let them do it, why is it any of my problem? But oh no, some people like to poke their nose into everything.

I thought the new Iranian leader was a reformer?

His power is limited. Hardliners still have a lot of power, their problem is that they don't know that right now, Rouhani is their only option, its either Rouhani or an eventual regime change.

Last edited:
What is that?? they are disgrace to the ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

Disgrace to islamic republic you say? ----ROFL ROFL ROFL... says a guy who uses an avatar from a website that celebrated persian women who never wore a hijab !! hahahaha

Disgrace to islamic republic you say? ----ROFL ROFL ROFL... says a guy who uses an avatar from a website that celebrated persian women who never wore a hijab !! hahahaha
What's wrong with my avatar

Are you being serious?

This guys is not even Iranian. Even if he were, he wouldn't represent an ordinary Iranian either. I personally wouldn't dance on the street as I hate dancing in general, its too feminine for my taste. But if other people want to dance let them do it, why is it any of my problem? But oh no, some people like to poke their nose into everything.

His power is limited. Hardliners still have a lot of power, their problem is that they don't know that right now, Rouhani is their only option, its either Rouhani or an eventual regime change.

I'm guessing there is a rural-urban divide in Iran with respect to people's support for the regime. City dwellers tend to be more liberal.

I'm guessing there is a rural-urban divide in Iran with respect to people's support for the regime. City dwellers tend to be more liberal.

It depends. Coming from city doesn't necessarily makes you a liberal.

Last edited:
Are you being serious?

What do mean by that?

Back
Top Bottom