What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

There are rumours that Modi might contest the GE from Lucknow..the seat held by the legendary Vajpayee ji...

Unlikely, it makes no sense. Lucknow is not very partial to Modi & with an almost guaranteed SP, BSP, Congress effort to try & defeat him, it will just bottle him up there rather than have him try for a more national role. Much better to fight from Gujarat in a seat where victory is assured therefore giving him more time elsewhere.

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/left-right-centre/can-rahul-gandhi-walk-the-talk/267541?hp[/video]

Rahul Gandhi, can he walk the talk?

Unlikely, it makes no sense. Lucknow is not very partial to Modi & with an almost guaranteed SP, BSP, Congress effort to try & defeat him, it will just bottle him up there rather than have him try for a more national role. Much better to fight from Gujarat in a seat where victory is assured therefore giving him more time elsewhere.

Its only a rumor..

I think, as always, the key to Delhi lies in UP and if Modi could galvanize the OBC vote in UP and Bihar that would transalate into a huge windfall in votes..Another reason could be while the BJP organizational strength is pucca in Gujarat, the news of Modi coming to UP could galvanize the demoralized BJP cadres into action and there could be a silent hindutva wave too..considering that Akilesh's UP has seen over 27 communal riots in recent times..

Anyway this was reported by an editor of chauti duniya on twitter..not sure of the veracity..

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...modi-next-prime-minister-5.html#ixzz2Mps0E0gc

Due to Raja bhai's CBI inquiry being hold, and one who was told to resign, is angry from within. he has large swath of Thakur votes in UP, and is known to be a weather ****, one who is not unfriendly with Rajnath of BJP. Pray, if he is roped in, BJP's fortune could drastically alter the UP vote matrix. BJP might tell them, if we came to power, we will go slow on yr CBI handled case, something that Congress did with Lalu's support.

of course it is risky,that is why i questioned @KS..

but then perhaps to become PM and prove his credibility,he may have to come out of his comfort zone.

With 100 billion loot, congress should be, and would be stopped by all and sundry forces of India. The mood is right, the time is right. Just loook at AAP, AK's supporters in droves. Sheela dixit is sure to loose her hold on Delhi, that much can be said by me.
Then comes millions of followers of baba ramdev, who will vote against Congress, who has peg to hang with baba ramdev, and nearly came to kill him on Ram Leela maidan, from where he fled.

I dont think Modi should be the PM until he explains himself for the 2002 riots. I am not saying that he is the culprit or anything, but he has to explain since he was the CM at tht time. In any case his style will not work in India. India is not a china where authority works, one has to be a good consensus builder to be the PM, like Vajpayee. I think nitish Kumar will be ag better choice.

Its only a rumor..

I think, as always, the key to Delhi lies in UP and if Modi could galvanize the OBC vote in UP and Bihar that would transalate into a huge windfall in votes..Another reason could be while the BJP organizational strength is pucca in Gujarat, the news of Modi coming to UP could galvanize the demoralized BJP cadres into action and there could be a silent hindutva wave too..considering that Akilesh's UP has seen over 27 communal riots in recent times..

Anyway this was reported by an editor of chauti duniya on twitter..not sure of the veracity..

I get your point but it can backfire & force Modi to spend huge amounts of his time in Lucknow alone because of the guaranteed effort that will be made to try & defeat him. Lucknow is not that safe for the BJP or Modi. It will become a bit like Sonia Gandhi fighting from Bellary, too risky. Better to not have to worry about his own seat, thereby enabling him to campaign elsewhere.

I dont think Modi should be the PM until he explains himself for the 2002 riots. I am not saying that he is the culprit or anything, but he has to explain since he was the CM at tht time. In any case his style will not work in India. India is not a china where authority works, one has to be a good consensus builder to be the PM, like Vajpayee. I think nitish Kumar will be ag better choice.

Modi has always manufactured consensus when it mattered. All this talk of him not being suitable is bunkum.. India needed a strong hand (Patel) in its inception to guide it and it needs that same Gujarati strong hand once again..

Its really time now for Indians to think......that they are supporting such peoples ......who keep Extremism Views worst is that Modi was even behind killing of 2000 Muslims in Gujarat India........:)

A Muslim butcher on his way to be their head of State, LOL

So Much for world's largest Democracy and Secular State.

What an Extraordinary Country.

Its really time now for Indians to think......that they are supporting such peoples ......who keep Extremism Views worst is that Modi was even behind killing of 2000 Muslims in Gujarat India........:)

i disagree he was behind the killings. just like he should explain what happened on his watch, its wrong for everyone like congress and muslims to say that he was behind the killings..
there is nothing to incriminate him and the supreme court has said that nothing so far has been found. anything else is just politics.

Back
Top Bottom