What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

The odds are against modi coming to power. (if he is the pm candidate), support of allies not number of votes and polls are the deciding factor.
the third front with outside help from the congress seem a more realistic option. i feel they might get any where from 150-175 seats . the can then using congress support form the govt . Nitish is the most acceptable candidate , after him (god forbid) is mulaym.

If communist come to any alliance, that will be worst for our economy.

Honestly speaking, although I love to see BJP coming power, but i really doubt it will happen....If given the choice to choose any one after BJP, then i would choose Congress...Other wise...I have to see some illeterate Yadav,Maya,mamta,amma ji or who knows...some unknows regional politician will be a PM....

Although Modi is favorite but Modi's fan base is not really translating to BJP votes....And if BJP does not get at least 40-60 seats from states like Karnataka,AP,TN,Kerala,Odisha and WB....Then the chances of coming to power is very minimal...Can any indian posters from Southern States help us to understand what is the chance of BJP in respective southern states?

There are 42 seates in AP . YSR congress is slated to take at least 26-28 of them with the congress taking 10-12, the tdp will get 2-3.
Karnataka has 28 seats. the odds are that the bjp will loose big with congress taking 12 seats , the jdu taking 8-10 and the rest taken by the bjp and Yeddys party.
Kerala has 20 . with half expected to go to congress the rest to the left.
TN has 39 with 20 to the aaidmk ,14-16 to dmk , the rest to congress .
Goa has 2 . one as usual to the congress and one bjp.
Maha has 48 . with 28-30 expected to go to congress , 8-12 to the NCP and the rest to shiv sena.
together these states account for 179 seates. not to mention UP which has 80 seats. of which we expect the SP and BSP to win big.

God save Non hindus in india then ...

Yeah Yeah offcourse. But last time I checked they were all (non-Hindus) voting for that guy. May be you should first go and tell them not to vote for him.

The bjp will not cross 160 seats. in all probabilities the allies who you claim will join them will rather join the third front. its the reason why i said if modi is the pm candidate the chances of the bjp forming the govt are low.

the nda consist of 3 parties and the bjp at the moment . who else do you think will join them?

Third front is myth and before elections these zombies jump on it.If third front makes govt then it will fall in 1-2 years and even if they support congress then same will go like its going on and ultimately both third front and congress will be looser and BJP will be gainer here.The scams you have been looking now by congress were done in their previous tenure mostly and god know what will the result of this tenure.

The BJP will gain seats if they do gain rajasthan and one more big state with improvement in other states.

As i said that if BJP have numbers near 170 or 180 then allies like mamta and one from SP or BSP may come.
Even mulayam have hinted on it. So its better to leave discussion on allies.They will turn sides with the popularity swing.
Last year 25% were supporting MODI and now its 43%.
Last month buddhu was labeled as PM candidate and now congis are saying that somebody might else ..

So wait for 6-8 months..

Third front is myth and before elections these zombies jump on it.If third front makes govt then it will fall in 1-2 years and even if they support congress then same will go like its going on and ultimately both third front and congress will be looser and BJP will be gainer here.The scams you have been looking now by congress were done in their previous tenure mostly and god know what will the result of this tenure.

The BJP will gain seats if they do gain rajasthan and one more big state with improvement in other states.

As i said that if BJP have numbers near 170 or 180 then allies like mamta and one from SP or BSP may come.
Even mulayam have hinted on it. So its better to leave discussion on allies.They will turn sides with the popularity swing.
Last year 25% were supporting MODI and now its 43%.
Last month buddhu was labeled as PM candidate and now congis are saying that somebody might else ..

So wait for 6-8 months..

yeah lets wait and see. there is an old saying "a week is a lifetime in politics" wonder what a few months are:)

There are 42 seates in AP . YSR congress is slated to take at least 26-28 of them with the congress taking 10-12, the tdp will get 2-3.
Karnataka has 28 seats. the odds are that the bjp will loose big with congress taking 12 seats , the jdu taking 8-10 and the rest taken by the bjp and Yeddys party.
Kerala has 20 . with half expected to go to congress the rest to the left.
TN has 39 with 20 to the aaidmk ,14-16 to dmk , the rest to congress .
Goa has 2 . one as usual to the congress and one bjp.
Maha has 48 . with 28-30 expected to go to congress , 8-12 to the NCP and the rest to shiv sena.
together these states account for 179 seates. not to mention UP which has 80 seats. of which we expect the SP and BSP to win big.

You are saying out of 48 the congress-NCP will win 40 seats. LOL. you got to be kidding me.
Please take off your congi sunglasses and then see the numbers again.

Yeah Yeah offcourse. But last time I checked they were all (non-Hindus) voting for that guy. May be you should first go and tell them not to vote for him.

dude, world knows modi's performance .. may be thats the reason he cannot get visa for uk, states, canada australia and other major countries ..

1. It wont matter. At the end of the day we eductated Indians have nothing to do with this. Its is the poor and illiterate whome these politicians have to impress. Modi talks about future and economics, we PDFians understand that do the 70% of the people of India living in villages. They understand the language of Hindu-muslim divide. Modi is a politician and he will do what will benefit him. He will use them as a tool to win support.

2. If modi doesnt get a clear majority then there is no difference btw Modi and MMS. Both will be lame and weak PMs of India. Coalition politics has killed the congress-2 and bjp also doesn't seem to be strong enough to win alone. Economy is heading down and India need a leader and the only man who seems to save the country is this:

Lalu-Prasad-Yadav.jpg

So Modi's chances of being elected look slim according to you guys? This is a damn shame if true, India needs a serious kick up the backside on the economic front and Modi looked like the one to bring this about.

dude, world knows modi's performance .. may be thats the reason he cannot get visa for uk, states, canada australia and other major countries ..

Well if one day he becomes the PM of India rules will change. :lol:

You are saying out of 48 the congress-NCP will win 40 seats. LOL. you got to be kidding me.
Please take off your congi sunglasses and then see the numbers again.

How many seats does the shiv sena now have ? 9 and the bjp? the bjp has always been week in maha , and i have been working in maha cangress for 16 yrs now . if i say something its out of experience and ground realities. but dont take my word for it . wait till may of next year.

1. It wont matter. At the end of the day we eductated Indians have nothing to do with this. Its is the poor and illiterate whome these politicians have to impress. Modi talks about future and economics, we PDFians understand that do the 70% of the people of India living in villages. They understand the language of Hindu-muslim divide. Modi is a politician and he will do what will benefit him. He will use them as a tool to win support.

2. If modi doesnt get a clear majority then there is no difference btw Modi and MMS. Both will be lame and weak PMs of India. Coalition politics has killed the congress-2 and bjp also doesn't seem to be strong enough to win alone. Economy is heading down and India need a leader and the only man who seems to save the country is this:

Lalu-Prasad-Yadav.jpg
God help us then :lol:

However, about six out of ten respondents (57%) were either against or unsure about Modi becoming the next PM. Support for Narendra Modi as the next PM was significantly higher among males than females. The support for Narendra Modi's candidature was particularly strong in Lucknow (61%), Bangalore (57%) and Chennai (46%). Sentiment against Narendra Modi’s candidature was high in Kolkata (78%), Delhi (64%) and Mumbai (62%).

Rahul Gandhi who emerged as the second choice to become next Prime Minister of India directionally had more female supporters than males. Support for Rahul Gandhi's candidature as PM in the next General Election was particularly strong in Bangalore (49%). Sentiment against Rahul Gandhi's candidature was particularly high in Kolkata (75%), Lucknow (71%), Mumbai (65%) and Delhi (60%).

then what delhi or kolkata wants or mumbai?

Really so all these Nato counties are symbol of peace and honesty when they deny visa to Modi. I am sure you have the same opinion about them when they drone bomb the **** out of your country or kill your soldiers in cold blood on the borders.

How many seats does the shiv sena now have ? 9 and the bjp? the bjp has always been week in maha , and i have been working in maha cangress for 16 yrs now . if i say something its out of experience and ground realities. but dont take my word for it . wait till may of next year.

Again Please remove your congi sunglasses.

Even in Lok Sabha 2009 when congress bribed all the farmers in India with loan waiver they could notch only 25 seats (NCP-Congress) in Maharashtra. BJP had 9 seats and SS 11. I know congressis are master liars but Please don't lie on numbers that can be easy googled. People are not idiots like what congi spokesperson Katju thinks.

And you are saying congress-NCP will win 40 seats this time :omghaha:

Lalu-Prasad-Yadav.jpg

Nice Joke on Laloo. Don't think he will win more than 5 seats in Bihar :P

You should be happy. Canadian dollar will fetch you lot more Rupees. Pray that Third Front comes to power. Even better if there is a communist PM or someone like Mulayam. All India will become UP (in terms of law and order- no offense to people from UP) :D

Back
Top Bottom