What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi: Forty-three per cent of Indians backed Narendra Modi as the leading choice for the next Prime Minister, according to an opinion poll by a market research agency. Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second choice in the survey.
According to the poll conducted by Ipsos, the support for the Gujarat Chief Minister's candidature was higher among men than women. The support for Modi was strong in Lucknow, Bangalore and Chennai.
However, sentiment against Modi was high in Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai :blah:. Rahul had more support among women than men and he got strong support from Bangalore while there were voices against him in Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Delhi.

43 per cent of Indians back Modi as next Prime Minister, Rahul Gandhi second favourite: Survey- Politics News- Politics-IBNLive

This is one of pro congress channel so modi favor is more than 50%

The fact is the its not going to be modi against rahul. it might be modi against someone else. rahul is not standing for PM .
i have a feeling the third front will try forming the govt . most likely candidate is Nitish .

The fact is the its not going to be modi against rahul. it might be modi against someone else. rahul is not standing for PM .
i have a feeling the third front will try forming the govt . most likely candidate is Nitish .

If it's Nitish, then it's a blessing for the nation.

wow 43% means alot here......rahul baba would not have more than 20-25% for sure......

Rahul on second place means below 43%. PC Chidambaram would be congressi candidate, he is paka chamcha of sonia.

If it's Nitish, then it's a blessing for the nation.

The odds are against modi coming to power. (if he is the pm candidate), support of allies not number of votes and polls are the deciding factor.
the third front with outside help from the congress seem a more realistic option. i feel they might get any where from 150-175 seats . the can then using congress support form the govt . Nitish is the most acceptable candidate , after him (god forbid) is mulaym.

The odds are against modi coming to power. (if he is the pm candidate), support of allies not number of votes and polls are the deciding factor.
the third front with outside help from the congress seem a more realistic option. i feel they might get any where from 150-175 seats . the can then using congress support form the govt .Nitish is the most acceptable candidate , after him (god forbid) is mulaym.

Good Good! Looking really forward to this Third Front Government. By 2015 my dollars should fetch me double the value that they are worth today :P.

the third front with outside help from the congress seem a more realistic option. i feel they might get any where from 150-175 seats . the can then using congress support form the govt . Nitish is the most acceptable candidate , after him (god forbid) is mulaym.

There will be no shortage of allies if BJP have numbers.

Honestly speaking, although I love to see BJP coming power, but i really doubt it will happen....If given the choice to choose any one after BJP, then i would choose Congress...Other wise...I have to see some illeterate Yadav,Maya,mamta,amma ji or who knows...some unknows regional politician will be a PM....

Although Modi is favorite but Modi's fan base is not really translating to BJP votes....And if BJP does not get at least 40-60 seats from states like Karnataka,AP,TN,Kerala,Odisha and WB....Then the chances of coming to power is very minimal...Can any indian posters from Southern States help us to understand what is the chance of BJP in respective southern states?

Go through any poll,Modi enjoys twice popularity than rahul. BTW,rahul is not PM candidate for 2014.

There will be no shortage of allies if BJP have numbers.

The bjp will not cross 160 seats. in all probabilities the allies who you claim will join them will rather join the third front. its the reason why i said if modi is the pm candidate the chances of the bjp forming the govt are low.

the nda consist of 3 parties and the bjp at the moment . who else do you think will join them?

Back
Top Bottom