What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

Modi sir should not get corrupted when he comes to power. I am praying for that. :angel:

For that first Modi will need to ensure that the 2002 riots of which I think he is innocent is not a blot anhymore.

How can he "ensure" ?

Anything he talks about 2002 will be used against him..Period.

Its better he does not delve into those past things and speaks of the future only..

Except some muslims and the limo-libs no one is really interested in what he has to say about that.. **** happens, lets move on.

Why do people always assume that the coalition leaders dont like Modi and would quarell with him at the slightest given opportunity..?

And Modi will not run the coalition by himself..there will be a people who will be behind the screens who will take care of the coalition dramas..

Ppl need to understand that in Indian politics it is always about power..only very few politicians are actually boneheaded like Mamata to walk out of an alliance mid-way.

p.s: Jagan reddy being from an evangelist background is not going to align with BJP..he will be going with congress, post polls.

pps: as regards Mayawati its really easy..there are plenty of cases against her in CBI. :P

It is not about liking, Politics is about interest. If Modi gives in, he will run a government like MMS. If he doesn't, they will walk away. Compromising a little will see the image of a strong leader severely dented. It was alright for Vajapayee & even MMS given their soft images. Not so easy (not impossible but not easy) for Modi. My point is not who "manages" the coalition, just that the nature of such "managing" can only be done by compromises because the allies don't care about Modi's image, just their own interests. How different will corruption be under Modi than under MMS? If not much different (personally even MMS is above board), then the change that is sought is not that different from what exists now. Actually more risky because in order to keep the strong leader myth, some other risky adventure might be embarked upon. There is a danger in holding to an image, sometimes the image might end up holding you.

Reuter writes:

Here, it seems, Congress has learned a trick or two from Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, widely seen as main opposition party BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for 2014. After his recent election victory in Gujarat, where he boasts of fast growth and clean governance, Modi is fast becoming a role model for India’s politicians.

Modi became the first Indian politician to use Google Hangout to interact with the public, and he continued his technological approach when he used 3D technology during his poll campaign. He also addressed more than 1,000 students in Shri Ram College of Commerce in Delhi in February, a move that seemed to be a bid for the youth vote.

Modi has set the bar high, but if Congress must compete with Modi, its senior ranks must think about how to match him and outdo him.

Though Chidambaram’s “Hangout” seems to be a good starting point, it would be interesting to see if other party leaders, especially Rahul Gandhi, widely seen as PM-in-waiting, adopt this approach to connect with the masses.

Sonia does not have tweeter account, Rahul's account is under lock!
They dont want patriot Indians to question them about Swiss billions and embarrass them further.

How can he "ensure" ?

Anything he talks about 2002 will be used against him..Period.

Its better he does not delve into those past things and speaks of the future only..

Except some muslims and the limo-libs no one is really interested in what he has to say about that.. **** happens, lets move on.

TBH , I will vote for BJP if I can go home.

would you give the same benfit of doubt of first time to Rahul Gandhi . I wouldnt.

I think you are reading my post out of context here.

Unlike RG, Modi is a person attached to the common man b'coz once he was one of them.

He has EARNED his place, he is not there b'coz of his father's, or grandfather's name, but b'coz of his CAPABILITIES.

RG, still shy away from becoming a Minister in GOI let alone the question of becoming a PM.

He targeted UP assembly elections, but again shied away from naming himself as the Congress' CM candidate there (LEADING FROM THE FRONT), & ultimately the Party got only 27 seats out of 400.

But, Modi has shown his skills of Winning elections & winning them Huge, He took the responsibility of entire Guj. campaign of BJP on his shoulders, had the guts to take the full responsibility of a lost if it were to happen.

Add to that his Administrative qualities that he has shown in Gujarat which now world recognizes.

My point was like in a Company or any Organisation, people rise from the lowest positions to higher positions & ultimately becoming CEOs. But every higher position is atleast once a "first timer" for them, but they have EARNED it b'coz of there commendable work in lower positions, same goes for Modi.

But some other Persons don't rise from lower positions & because of there hardwork, they are BORN PMs :rolleyes:

Modi sir should not get corrupted when he comes to power. I am praying for that. :angel:

He won't be corrupted, intoxicated maybe but not corrupted, atleast in the financial sense. That, as we have seen with MMS does not really mean much.

Maybe Jayalalitha will be a good PM. I like her.. and its been a while since we had a woman as PM

He won't be corrupted, intoxicated maybe but not corrupted, atleast in the financial sense. That, as we have seen with MMS does not really mean much.

Unlike MMS he will not remain the "night watchman" either..there would be no two centers of power..

the dichotomy of power and he inability of the PM to assert himself is what is ruining us..

Maybe Jayalalitha will be a good PM. I like her.. and its been a while since we had a woman as PM

You dislike NaMo alleged dictatorial attitude but want jaya....:lol:..Jaya has an ego bigger than Marina beach..

I hope he will not. I am really tired of these scams. To a large extent my generation is totally disillusioned with Congress. It does not help that Bofors and now this helicopter deal, both linked to Italy.

And someone needs to show Rahul baba a mirror. He is old now. No longer a baba. His daddy was PM of our country at his age. Till when will we keep doing Rahul baba Rahul baba as if he was the latest reincarnation of the Dalai Lama sakshat dharti par?

He is in power... :P

Modi will become PM only if BJP get 190+ seats
190 (BJP) + 30 (JayLalita) + 10 (Shiv Sena) + 10 (Lotas (opportunists)) + 8 (Punjab) + 30 oppotunists

Less than 190 seat won't give Modi chance...

Its akin to saying "shall I go out or not, may be there could be an accident with me, I might loose my limb"

Plain Stupid!

Knowing Modi's past history. With Ambanis n Adanis on his sides. If he wanted, he could have made billion dollars quickly and furtively. But he has not.

His slogan in gujarati "hun khato nathi ane khawa deto nathi"
na main khata hu na khane deta hun!
To assume such doubts on this man is not prudent, as he is not even involved with ONE scam controversy, let alone actual scams a la congress.

Its akin to saying "shall I go out or not, may be there could be an accident with me, I might loose my limb"

Plain Stupid!

Knowing Modi's past history. With Ambanis n Adanis on his sides. If he wanted, he could have made billion dollars quickly and furtively. But he has not.

His slogan in gujarati "hun khato nathi ane khawa deto nathi"
na main khata hu na khane deta hun!
To assume such doubts on this man is not prudent, as he is not even involved with ONE scam controversy, let alone actual scams a la congress.

Are you calling me stupid?

Back
Top Bottom