What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

Honestly speaking if he is not from Gandhi familly, he might have been highly prasied for all of his so called sacrifices...But unfortunately .he is not...

I agree with you on that!

@ZYXW , I request you to read more about Indian politics.

Anything read out of it's Context, doesn't serve Justice.

Our Prince RG, seeing the 9 years rule of UPA has made up his mind.

Instead of PM's post he aspires for a much bigger post of that of Ms. Sonia Gandhi (PM maker).

She is the most powerful person in India as of now & guess what she is not even ACCOUNTABLE to anyone.

Whatever good UPA achieves is credited to her & whatever worst UPA sees is conveniently thrown to the PM's chair.

So why aspire to be PM when you can get into much better position??

LOL and people complain about women's rights being an issue haha

No i understand. I definately have to look into it more. Everyone seems to dislike him, clearly I am overlooking something. My friend's dad is an indian diplomat to the US. EVEN he dislikes RG. But thanks :) so is he going to be win for sure if he runs since his mom is in charge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will disagree here. Two parts to it.
First atleast some ministers will think twice or alteast will have some shame considering their PM has a corruption free image. Atleast they will have some fear of reprisal. If the PM goes bonkers then it is a free for all and the rabbit hole goes quite deep in that case. Inspite of all the congress corruption many of which have come from their allies we still haven't reached that stage.

Second is the problem in Congress with two power centers. The confusion it creates means that many corrupt can survive thanks to the confusion and benefit of doubt that comes through it. This neutralized to a great extent the image of MMS

Yes and no. While I agree with your point of two power centers, I'm not so sure that people will stop being corrupt because of shame. I don't believe that most politicians feel that. What I was saying was that as opposed to a single party government with an unquestioned leader, any coalition will simply not be amenable to the same rules because the PM(whoever that is) will not be the leader of all the ministers, many of whom are answerable to different power centers.

I think we need to differentiate between Lobby Group and Power Center. The congress example is of two Power Center at best to only one Power Center at 10 Janpath at worst. RSS is more like a lobby group (though still influential) and these can be found in any political system including Europe and US.

The influence of RSS is highly over rated in BJP. If you consider the current elections of BJP President where RSS was backing tooth and nail Nitin Gandkari yet Rajnath Singh became the Chief. Nitin Gadkari, an RSS Nominee, became the BJP chief itself 3 years ago when there was a huge leadership crisis in BJP. That was kind of an exception case which won't happen unless BJP leadership screws up again. BJP came out of RSS shadow quite sometime ago (after Vajpayee became PM). They do depend on RSS but its no more critical something which Gujarat showed where RSS was openly and shamelessly backing the GPP against BJP.

Not so clear. Rajnath Singh was the RSS choice (Yashwant Sinha was the non-RSS candidate) & he is the trojan horse of the RSS, especially if they want to torpedo Narendra Modi's elevation. Seems unlikely now, there is a certain momentum Modi's way but will still exercise power over any cabinet simply because Modi's writ doesn't even run inside of the BJP as of now. Not comparing with the INC but is still a problem of similar, even if of lesser dimensions.

No i understand. I definately have to look into it more. Everyone seems to dislike him, clearly I am overlooking something. My friend's dad is an indian diplomat to the US. EVEN he dislikes RG. But thanks :) so is he going to be win for sure if he runs since his mom is in charge?

How does that change anything??

India is a democracy, it will be the people who will decide, not someone's MOMA :D

India is not a Presidential form of democracy where popularity of a leader does not matter much when comes to the selection of Prime Minister. BJP is in disarray and would not be able to channelize the ant incumbency of the 10 years of congress led UPA rule in the country. BJP with the help of NDA partners would not be able to win the required number of seat to form the Government in 2014. Congress’ loss would be the gain of regional Parties. IMO Congress; seat tally will reduce in the coming Parliamentary election but still she will be able to form the Government with the help of other regional parties and communists.

Actually come to think of it, I think top team of BJP is a good fight for top team of Congress. So its not like we Indians do not have a choice. How to vote in general elections? Is name of party given or you have to vote for someone local and that contributes to the Lok Sabha. Sory my civics is really weak.

If the opinion poll would have been done by Gallup Pakistan then 43% Indians would have backed Nawaz Sharif.

These polls are manipulated for manipulation.

@Bang Galore @KS @KRAIT and other political veterans here. Can you guys please give a short "how to" refresher for us first time voters here. I dont want to go there on that day and mess up yaar. My vote should count.

@Bang Galore @KS @KRAIT and other political veterans here. Can you guys please give a short "how to" refresher for us first time voters here. I dont want to go there on that day and mess up yaar. My vote should count.

First go find out whether your name is registered in your constituency(I'm assuming you a voter ID card). Close to the election, wait for a political party to give you a slip with your name & number on the sheet. That would help in searching quickly your name on the voter list once you get to the booth. Go early(earlier the better), sign alongside your name on the list and press the button on the electronic voting machine and you are done. Go do other stuff the rest of the day....:)

Back
Top Bottom