What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

@Bang Galore @KS @KRAIT and other political veterans here. Can you guys please give a short "how to" refresher for us first time voters here. I dont want to go there on that day and mess up yaar. My vote should count.

In addition to what Bangalore said, you dont even need a EC card for voting. I voted in 2009 elections with my PAN card.

I think all the Govt issued id cards are accepted in place of EC cards in case you did not get one, but your name is on the rolls, or your photo on the EC card is so horribly distorted that you cant recognize yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Narendra Modi's right to 'free speech' hurt by Wharton, says USIBC - Indian Express

After the Wharton Economic Forum scrapped Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s video address, he has drawn support from a member of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs. Eni Faleomavaega, a member of the Subcommittee on Asia and Pacific, has appealed to the U.S. to open a dialogue with Mr. Modi.

Impressed by Rahul’s lack of interest in marriage and PM’s post, Vatican offers him Pope’s post

Rahul Gandhi’s recent remarks that he was neither keen on the Prime Minister’s chair nor interested in marriage and having children may have seemed enigmatic to many. But sources in the know indicate that this was Rahul’s way of telling the world that he was aspiring for a bigger post, one that had importance across the world.

“Yes, you are right. He is indeed running for the post of the Pope,” a highly-placed source privy to the developments in the Gandhi household told Cranks News.

rahul-gandhi-pope-300x222.jpg

Thanks Bang Galore and KS. What I meant is, if I want BJP to rule the country then I should look for the kamal ka phool and not bother about the name alongside it right?

Is there a chance of button malfunctioning? Or getting pressed twice by mistake or something? Or is the first press the one that counts and all others are null and void? Do you get a sound when you press the button?

Sorry for the questions. I must vote right. My country depends on me.

This goes on and proves how massive the problem in India is. There is no safety for the lives of a certain religion. A man everyone knows to be responsible for major murders is unpunished. Personally I don't see why Hafiz Saeed is a problem if India is unwilling to deal with issues in its own nation.

So basically what we see here is direct and constant demands for Pakistan to act on terrorists while no such demands are ever made to India demanding them to stop supporting home grown terrorists. India gained more from 9/11 than anyone else. Everyone listens to their narrative. People ignore Pakistan's narrative.

This goes on and proves how massive the problem in India is. There is no safety for the lives of a certain religion. A man everyone knows to be responsible for major murders is unpunished. Personally I don't see why Hafiz Saeed is a problem if India is unwilling to deal with issues in its own nation.

So basically what we see here is direct and constant demands for Pakistan to act on terrorists while no such demands are ever made to India demanding them to stop supporting home grown terrorists. India gained more from 9/11 than anyone else. Everyone listens to their narrative. People ignore Pakistan's narrative.

Bhai Sahab... the number of Muslims killed in India every year is a fraction of Muslims killed in Pakistan by their own Islamic Brethren. Thats the reason world chooses to ignore Pakistan's narrative.... build some credibility then sell your narrative the way you want.

Let's us not muddle the two issues - there is a sea of difference between government apathy during religious riots and sending terrorists to kill innocent people. What exactly is Pakistan's narrative that is being ignored? Pakistan itself doesn't know what its narrative is.

Everyone listens to their narrative. People ignore Pakistan's narrative.

Indians killing Indians is an internal matter. We will deal with it.

Pakistanis killing Indians, Americans, and Israelis is global terrorism.

Thanks Bang Galore and KS. What I meant is, if I want BJP to rule the country then I should look for the kamal ka phool and not bother about the name alongside it right?

Is there a chance of button malfunctioning? Or getting pressed twice by mistake or something? Or is the first press the one that counts and all others are null and void? Do you get a sound when you press the button?

Sorry for the questions. I must vote right. My country depends on me.

Are you trolling us ? ;)

That is my point. Congress doing badly does not automatically mean BJP benefiting. Also, if push came to shove, the CPM will through in their lot with the UPA if only to prevent the BJP from coming to power. The BJP question was rhetorical, there is no chance whatsoever of a BJP-CPM alliance......:lol:

I would like to change your statement...

If congress is doing bad, will BJP be good enough to harness this incapacity of UPA and come in to the power????

Regarding your earliest post quoting me, yes the problem is with whether tradiational Votebanks of Congress/UPA will vote agaist them?? If you can remember, after the emergency, cong was baddly beaten in the general elections.. so there is a history which may be repeated..

About Modi, lot of youngsters want their country in the hands of a man with some balls... You can not underestimate the youth votebank in coming general elections cause youth is more concerned about person and not party.. The point is how much devison of these votes between Rahul and Modi....

Regarding you clarifying about yourself not being congress spokesperson, my apologies...

I would like to change your statement...

If congress is doing bad, will BJP be good enough to harness this incapacity of UPA and come in to the power????

You tell me. My guess is not.

Regarding your earliest post quoting me, yes the problem is with whether tradiational Votebanks of Congress/UPA will vote agaist them?? If you can remember, after the emergency, cong was baddly beaten in the general elections.. so there is a history which may be repeated..

Unlikely. The situation is not remotely the same. Also no united front against the UPA unlike in 1977. The Congress may, I believe it will do badly but my fear is that may not be taken by the BJP but by the other smaller parties which will be a disaster imo.

About Modi, lot of youngsters want their country in the hands of a man with some balls... You can not underestimate the youth votebank in coming general elections cause youth is more concerned about person and not party.. The point is how much devison of these votes between Rahul and Modi....

Even if I agreed, past elections have shown that people do not vote nationally. Instead, even in a national election, they vote like they would in state elections. That won't help the BJP.

“Steven Wilkinson, Duke University, has authored a paper on Violence and Riots in India. Raw data has been published in the paper "Varshney-Wilkinson Dataset on Hindu-Muslim Violence in India, 1950-1995, Version 2.":

During NEHRU’s rule – 1950-1964, 263 riots in 16 states occurred.

During INDIRA GANDHI’s rule (1966-1977 and 1980-1984) 337 riots in 15 states have been recorded. And, this is apart from the Khalistani violence and then Sikh Youth cleansing in rural Punjab – a chapter of violence by Congress led Police rule (led by KPS Gill), that no one ever talks about!

During RAJIV GANDHI’s time 291 riots in 15 states have been documented incl. the Sikh massacres of 1984.

Given the rhetoric against Narendra Modi for having “blood on his hand” because of his error of omission in Gujarat just 3 months after assuming his first leadership post, and the subsequent vilification that has happened, one needs to look at the Governance as a whole and compare the politicians.

Modi has ruled Gujarat for 11 years - there has been ONLY 1 riot. 2002. And, for that he is being made to pay. Ostensibly by people, whose heart beats for Secularism (and against Communalism) and that high road concept of Human Rights.

So, surely, when so many riots and killings were going on in Nehru’s, Indira’s, Rajiv Gandhi’s rules, they must have been at the receiving end as well. Right?

WRONG!!

All THREE of them received BHARAT RATNA for exemplary Governance.”

----

From a comment in Huff Post.

Back
Top Bottom