What's new

43% indians back Modi as next Prime Minister

Same with MMS, Antony.....means nothing. I'm no one to give or deny Modi his chance :lol:, all I'm doing here is offering my opinion. I admire Modi greatly for his achievements but I'm not blind to his (or any one else's) faults. Nor is he the only person I admire. We are discussing politics here and I offer my opinion, you on the other hand seem to have mistakenly got here thinking that you are joining a fan club. Your opinion is clear, if you want to back it up with points, please feel free. Attacking any opinion is acceptable & sometimes necessary, attacking another simply because they hold a different opinion is juvenile. As I said earlier, move on!

With such lopsidedness and illogical posts, I am sure that there would be many posters who would question yr cynacim and intellect.

Is there anyone in India who is 100 percent Efficient, Prudent, Honest, Sincere, Intellectual Politician in India?

The answer is no.
If there is, show me the beef.

In the other scenario, if there is none, then give a chance to Modi, who fits the shoe on above adjectives.
Plain n simple.
Going zig zag, bringing assumptions, extrapolating ONLY against certain section, means its biased dialogue.
Assumption is the mother of all the mess-ups!

With such lopsidedness and illogical posts, I am sure that there would be many posters who would question yr cynacim and intellect.

Is there anyone in India who is 100 percent Efficient, Prudent, Honest, Sincere, Intellectual Politician in India?

The answer is no.
If there is, show me the beef.

In the other scenario, if there is none, then give a chance to Modi, who fits the shoe on above adjectives.
Plain n simple.
Going zig zag, bringing assumptions, extrapolating ONLY against certain section, means its biased dialogue.
Assumption is the mother of all the mess-ups!

....and btw, all you are doing is also making other assumptions, only they happen to be ones you like. As I have said before, feel free to disregard my opinions (and they are only opinions), pretending that you are doing anything different in giving out your opinions is silly.

Also why do you keep asking me to give Modi a chance :lol:, He will get a chance to offer himself up for the job. What happens after is not in either of our hands except to the percentage our respective votes count which by the look of your flags might mean nothing in terms of your contribution.

....and btw, all you are doing is also making other assumptions, only they happen to be ones you like. As I have said before, feel free to disregard my opinions (and they are only opinions), pretending that you are doing anything different in giving out your opinions is silly.

Opinions are sans facts, once you have the facts, you dont need the opinions!

I dont live on Opinions, I live on truth n facts.

Congress has plundered india with 100 Billions worth of revenue in USD terms. BJP has not.
Modi is efficient, honest, prudent, sincere who does not dance on anybody's tune like MMS n Anthony who are at Sonia's beck n call 24/7/365. They are servile mules of Sonia, who manipulates them in any which she wants. She does the hiring and firing, no questions asked. She is the 4th richest women politician in the world. where did this money come from?

Opinions are sans facts, once you have the facts, you dont need the opinions!

I dont live on Opinions, I live on truth n facts.

Congress has plundered india with 100 Billions worth of revenue in USD terms. BJP has not.
Modi is efficient, honest, prudent, sincere who does not dance on anybody's tune like MMS n Anthony who are at Sonia's beck n call 24/7/365. They are servile mules of Sonia, who manipulates them in any which she wants. She does the hiring and firing, no questions asked. She is the 4th richest women politician in the world. where did this money come from?

Err... this is now in the realm of substance enhanced dreamworld. Move on, you clearly live on an alternate plane with an alternate reality.

@mehboobkz He is right. He is entitled to have his opinion. Opposition is as important as ruling govt. There has to be someone who asks critical question from your favorable candidate.

Having said that, critical question doesn't mean we ask idiotic question like over 2002 riots which is already been handled by Courts much more than any riots in past decades.

Similarly, its BJP opposition that will have to bash Congress over Scams, farmers' suicides, women's deteriorating conditions, riots in UP, WB etc. over issue of illegal immigrants.

Feel free to disagree as he asked, but I can't impose my belief on him. Otherwise if opposition is forced to muffle its voice, it will give extra and improper power to Ruling party without anyone asking tough questions.

Its our job to convince people, which is better choice. All you can offer is better choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also why do you keep asking me to give Modi a chance , He will get a chance to offer himself up for the job. What happens after is not in either of our hands except to the percentage our respective votes count which by the look of your flags might mean nothing in terms of your contribution.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...odi-next-prime-minister-12.html#ixzz2Mqk2dhJk

My plea is general, for all Indians, not only you. So dont give too much importance to yrself.
As for the flags, They dont belong to no banana republic.
Talk substance and hard facts.
If Modi is nominated, its because of his merit and not any crony-ship as in Congress where loyal chamchas get cabinet posts to be silent on the loot.

My plea is general, for all Indians, not only you. So dont give too much importance to yrself.
As for the flags, They dont belong to no banana republic.
Talk substance and hard facts.
If Modi is nominated, its because of his merit and not any crony-ship as in Congress where loyal chamchas get cabinet posts to be silent on the loot.

Your plea is meaningless, whether addressed to me or the world. No one cares for your opinion (or mine). We are just indulging ourselves here. Your opinion & your allegations have one vote (if at all), abusing others is pointless. They win or lose because people support or not, them. You have had no facts, just whining that your preferred government might be slightly less corrupt. That is a voluntarily set low bar which is unlikely to be raised. If you have a coherent argument sans the usual cliche, I will be glad to respond. Otherwise, don't bother with me & kindly move on.

@mehboobkz He is right. He is entitled to have his opinion.

The funny part is that nowhere have I made my position clear on my electoral preferences. All I did was point out some holes in the arguments of others & lobbed a few questions. In response, got some differing responses from KS and got some gibberish from another who seems to taking it personally if everyone didn't agree with him. Chaps like him supporting Modi will probably scare voters away with their extraordinary reaction to any & all criticisms. There are no Gods here (even they should be criticised i.m.o.), everyone must have any & all assertions, either in favour or against, scrutinised & argued, both for & against.

@mehboobkzHe is right. He is entitled to have his opinion. Opposition is as important as ruling govt. There has to be someone who asks critical question from your favorable candidate.

Opinions are formed when you dont have the facts, once you have them, you dont need them. As for the Opposition, Congress can do this job this time why not?

Having said that, critical question doesn't mean we ask idiotic question like over 2002 riots which is already been handled by Courts much more than any riots in past decades

Correct

Similarly, its BJP opposition that will have to bash Congress over Scams, farmers' suicides, women's deteriorating conditions, riots in UP, WB etc. over issue of illegal immigrants.

In the light of CBI aka corrupt beauro of India which is dancing on Government's tune, what do you expect of any opposition? what can they achieve?

Feel free to disagree as he asked, but I can't impose my belief on him. Otherwise if opposition is forced to muffle its voice, it will give extra and improper power to Ruling party without anyone asking tough questions.

As long as one is irrational and illogical, he will invite many such arguments. These kind of people, unless rediculed with facts, will not relent. The case in point is Modi's link to RSS he said, while I gave him the mirror, saying Modi gave a shik about RSS and demolished about 80 Temples in Gujarat - HE WAS SILENT AS A WALL. It means these kind of people are coming here with devious, mischievous agenda against Modi with stereo type rants. thats not palatable by any sane Indian who knows how to separate the chaff from the grain.

Its our job to convince people, which is better choice. All you can offer is better choice.

Thats what I am doing. I can only take the horse to the river, but can not make him drink.

Today what India needs is a strong Prime Minister at the centre who can withstand the combinations and permutations of coalition governance. Nobody appears on the political horizon with a wealth of parliamentarian experience. One learns in due course by dealing with problems and governance. It is a bit strange that the media and Congress considers Rahul Gandhi fit for the PM’s post when he has none of the stature. sharpness and vision for such a job.The one fact being that he is Nehru-Gandhi family.Still the fact that he is even considered shows that no eligibility or criteria of abilities, perception, and political acumen are called for.

How effective will Modi be is to be seen. The test of the pudding is in the eating of it. He has been effective in whatever he has so far undertaken. He certainly does not need to fit himself in the shoes of Vajpayee because he has his own. He does not belong to the dynastic category to fall back on his grandmother and father. He is on his own. A self made man. More important he belongs to the ordinary class/caste. And hence he understands the problems of the ordinary.

"Modi will be Modi, he can not be Bajpayee"

Err... this is now in the realm of substance enhanced dreamworld. Move on, you clearly live on an alternate plane with an alternate reality.

Dear Bang Galore,

There isn't smoke without fire...

The point placed by Mehboobkz are not baseless...

You can agree to disagree, but one thing to be clarrified from either you or anybody on this thread, why other congressmen were not able to do the development and provide security to women with the extent of what Modi had given...

There may be thousand reasons why other fellow congressmen were not able to do what Modi had done, but one thing is sure if one has failure then they surely have reason for the justifications....

Please feel free to argue on this...

you claim to be a political work ,but your analysis is flawed ....first thing u failed to highlight TRS in andhra ,it is certian that TRS will bag most of the seats in T-region ,congress will be routed there

Half in Keala thats a dream ,may be 2 for Muslim league and one or two for congress

40 seats in Maharastra for UPA another dream ,

in total your analysis is full of your dreams ....

Ok for one the trs is in a deal with the congress . they will merge just before the elections.

considering that the congress has the govt in kerala , imm sure that congress will walk away with at least half the seats. by the way if the Muslim league win , who are they going to support ? the congress govt or the nda govt?

as for maha. ever wondered why while the people protest against the govt they have kept re electing the congress govt 15 yrs in a row? or why anna hazere movement collapsed in mumbai and maha? its because the people there do not want any other govt. they had 5 yrs rule of the bjp/ss rule and dont want them any more.

like i said dont take my word for it . wait 14 months. :)

Dear Bang Galore,

There isn't smoke without fire...

The point placed by Mehboobkz are not baseless...

You can agree to disagree, but one thing to be clarrified from either you or anybody on this thread, why other congressmen were not able to do the development and provide security to women with the extent of what Modi had given...

There may be thousand reasons why other fellow congressmen were not able to do what Modi had done, but one thing is sure if one has failure then they surely have reason for the justifications....

Please feel free to argue on this...

You seem to confuse me for a spokesman of the Congress. Nowhere have I defended the Congress record nor am I inclined to. Nor have I belittled Modi's achievements as an administrator. However I did point out that the arithmetic of the Lok Sabha even if the NDA cobbled up a majority would be such that no one including Modi will have a completely free hand to run the government as he or she wants. Pointing out the inherent limitations within the nature of the electorate is not to be confused with support or opposition to a particular candidate or party. Any mandate that Modi/NDA gets will be very different from the mandate Mr.Modi has enjoyed in Gujarat for his three terms. When taken into account, it is but natural to question the assertion that Narendra Modi would be able to replicate the results of Gujarat on the national scale or that any government headed by him but necessarily including some very corrupt specimens(allies/BJP) will behave very different from the present UPA government.

Back
Top Bottom