What's new

3 Force modernization drive: Tk 12, 985 crore proposed as defence budget

Who says Russian weapons are bad? :what:

They may not always be as good as American ones, but they are still effective. At least, they can finish the job. And that's what matters :D

Russian technology is Russian doesn't need comparison with others...never say this. It's just after the blow of 90 they need a bit of time to get back.

Yap, Syria just downed a American fighter flying at very high speed and very low altitude with a Soviet era SAM system. It just proved the effectiveness of Russian weapons.

Actually, it was reportedly shot down by anti-aircraft artillery (surprisingly).
Syrian state news agency, SANA, reported that according to a Syrian military spokesman, an unidentified aerial object violated the country's airspace and was shot down by anti-aircraft artillery. The aircraft crashed into Syrian territorial waters west of Om al-Tuyour village in Lattakia province, 10 kilometers from the beach.
Syria downed Turkish F-4 jet over territorial waters

Besides, F-4 Phantom is really old :coffee: The Capitalist version of the 'flying coffin' :rofl:

Russian technology is Russian doesn't need comparison with others...never say this. It's just after the blow of 90 they need a bit of time to get back.

I wasn't really comparing to the Arabs. The Viets did fine with the same weapons. So, it really depends on the end-user.

May be I'm just biased :meeting: Generally speaking, American weapons (especially aircraft) are better. Even though they are expensive.

But anyhow, Russians make good stuff. You know, even the Americans greatly feared the Mi-24 (perhaps still do :rofl:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yap, Syria just downed a American fighter flying at very high speed and very low altitude with a Soviet era SAM system. It just proved the effectiveness of Russian weapons.

fighter F-4 is nothing dear its very old with no capabilities . if turkey want something they must send F-16 block-50 and more then one with capabilities of real combat. then we see how syria down it . it was sure a flying coffin of west

Actually, it was reportedly shot down by anti-aircraft artillery (surprisingly).

it was downed by BUK-M2 as other news agency reported.

Besides, F-4 Phantom is really old :coffee: The Capitalist version of the 'flying coffin' :rofl:

Flying coffin may meant for malfunction. What I was pointing was that it was flying at very high speed and low altitude and means in a difficult scenario to shoot that down.

I wasn't really comparing to the Arabs. The Viets did fine with the same weapons. So, it really depends on the end-user.

Soviet surface to air missile system were always the best even better than west.

May be I'm just biased :meeting: Generally speaking, American weapons (especially aircraft) are better. Even though they are expensive.

American weapons have better electronics which Russia is catching up or already caught up.

But anyhow, Russians make good stuff. You know, even the Americans greatly feared the Mi-24 (perhaps still do :rofl:).

Nothing can beat Apache..

fighter F-4 is nothing dear its very old with no capabilities . if turkey want something they must send F-16 block-50 and more then one with capabilities of real combat. then we see how syria down it . it was sure a flying coffin of west

I don't think F4 pilot had any other consequence if he were flying F-16. Other than Jamming or flying at very high altitude you can beat a BUK-M2

it was downed by BUK-M2 as other news agency reported.

That is odd. It was stated by the Syrians themselves that it was shot down by AAA :confused:

Although I agree, it is hard to bring down an aircraft moving at very high speed and at low altitude with SAM.

Maybe it was flying s-l-o-w-l-y?

Nothing can beat Apache..

True, but the Hind just looks so intimidating :D

Can anyone tell me what is J-21?

Some sources are saying BAF is also considering J-21 as a contender for the modernization program that innitially will introduce 32 4+ generation fighter aircrafts in 2021. The other aircrafts under evaluation are Mig-29SMT, F-16, Su-30 and JAS-39 Gripen NG. In a second phase 32 more will be added in 2026.

I never heard of a fighter aircraft named J-21. Does anyone know about this?

Some sources are saying BAF is also considering J-21 as a contender for the modernization program that innitially will introduce 32 4+ generation fighter aircrafts in 2021. The other aircrafts under evaluation are Mig-29SMT, F-16, Su-30 and JAS-39 Gripen NG. In a second phase 32 more will be added in 2026.

Nothing much known for now.

J-21 (Jianjiji-21 Fighter aircraft 21) / F-21
New Chinese Mystery J-21 Fifth Generation Stealth Fighter Jet? ~ Global Military Review
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/163457-now-chinese-5th-gen-j-21-a.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/192002-f-60-j-21-stealth-fighter-aircraft-paf.html

May i know what exactly are these sources?? As far as i know there are no aircraft called j 21 in china

May i know what exactly are these sources?? As far as i know there are no aircraft called j 21 in china

There is actually.

Although, I don't know about the authenticity of BD working on it. Could be fake news.

Modern war planes and helicopter:

8 Mig-29SMT:

1576897.jpg

6 Mi-35 Super Hind:

shind-2.jpg

6 Mi-171:

Mi-171Sh_Karlovac_2009.jpg

BAF has finally decided not to buy any Mi-35 Super Hind, instead they are preparing to order 6 Mi-17 for UN Peace keeping operation and 8 Mi-171Sh as helicopter Gunship.
5496025747_d5d28b591c_o.jpg

There is actually.

Although, I don't know about the authenticity of BD working on it. Could be fake news.

I don't know.. if the aircraft does not exists then I think they were just bluffing.. could be a fake news..

BAF has finally decided not to buy any Mi-35 Super Hind

Why??? did they favour mi17 gunship over the mi35 ? Source please.

BAF has finally decided not to buy any Mi-35 Super Hind

Why??? did they favour mi17 gunship over the mi35 ? Source please.

To cut cost. Besides, the Mi-171 can also be used as medium lift helicopter and very useful for supplying aid to rural bangladesh during disasters.

Back
Top Bottom