What's new

3 FC Troops Martyred in Terrorist Attack in Bolan District

Not so surprising thing is that this escalation on Pakistan times well with Israeli expansion and further grab of Jerusalem.

I dont even know what to say anymore... This is tragic

All we ask for is the following:

React overtly and aggressively against BLA outfits bases/location in Afghanistan
React overtly and aggressively against BLA outfits within Balouchistan
Hold officers accountable for the failure or at least have a thorough investigation of these incidents
Provide adequate equipment to the men at war (better SOPs and hardened vehicles and posts)
Learn from failures and address the weaknesses so similar mistakes are not made
Intelligence based covert actions (no prisoner) against people who provide funding and logistics
Openly state and repeat Indian involvement and for every action do an official demarche

DG FC needs to take responsibility of such losses. I can understand when these losses happen as rare mistakes are possible. But lately the losses are too frequent and speak to poor SOPs/training and officer oversight.

Gen Tariq Khan had a similar issue when he took command of the FC in KPK. He changed that culture around with brutality (I can tell you some stories on how he enforced this culture and mindset - some might call it cruel but it worked). That is what we need, WARRIORS - not maulvi generals, businessmen generals, and politician generals. We need WARRIOR generals.

Counter-insurgent insurgent army has to obey laws (need rock solid evidence) as not to cause atrocities that will come back to delegitimize the governments efforts.
So true, unlike we have seen from western Countries who termed it as "Collateral Damage"

So true, unlike we have seen from western Countries who termed it as "Collateral Damage"

They are our own people, right or wrong, this needs to be treated how swat teams would try to arrest armed suspects. If civilians are in the line of fire, they should refrain from action and wait till they have a clear chance to engage (capture or respond accordingly) suspects.

The Turks have a special police commando force. Pakistan should train and study them an how they have dealt with the PKK and ISIS (but of course ensure we follow our own laws)

Last edited:
If civilians are in the line of fire, they should refrain from action and wait till they have a clear chance to engage (capture or respond accordingly) suspects.
Probably out of scope for this forum so I would just say this that there are weapons out there now (non lethal and lethal) which can be used from a distance (without impacting the infrastructure) which can paralyze one or more than one suspects...

Horrible failure of Top leadership, I can't believe that no one from the Govt dares to ask COAS and other top military leadership to come to Parliament and tell the nation that what the hell is going on.

The Turks have a special police commando force. Pakistan should train and study them an how they have dealt with the PKK and ISIS (but of course ensure we follow our own laws)
Aren't Al-Zarrar boys trained for the same purpose!!

All we ask for is the following:

React overtly and aggressively against BLA outfits bases/location in Afghanistan
React overtly and aggressively against BLA outfits within Balouchistan
Hold officers accountable for the failure or at least have a thorough investigation of these incidents
Provide adequate equipment to the men at war (better SOPs and hardened vehicles and posts)
Learn from failures and address the weaknesses so similar mistakes are not made
Intelligence based covert actions (no prisoner) against people who provide funding and logistics
Openly state and repeat Indian involvement and for every action do an official demarche

DG FC needs to take responsibility of such losses. I can understand when these losses happen as rare mistakes are possible. But lately the losses are too frequent and speak to poor SOPs/training and officer oversight.

Gen Tariq Khan had a similar issue when he took command of the FC in KPK. He changed that culture around with brutality (I can tell you some stories on how he enforced this culture and mindset - some might call it cruel but it worked). That is what we need, WARRIORS - not maulvi generals, businessmen generals, and politician generals. We need WARRIOR generals.

Perhaps it is time to Ask Gen. Tariq Khan to come out of retirement (or appoint one of his most capable commanders under him that is still in active service) and help reorganize/straighten out at the very least the police force if not the entire FC. If the other officers don’t want to or are unable to do so, they should at least step aside and let an experienced battlefield commander do it. (No offense meant to any officers working quietly working on this issue and we in the public are not aware of it)

No one should be allowed to challenge the writ of the state except through legal means. Train with the Turks and get some insight from other friendly countries on intercepting enemy comms (legal means of course). Expand the smart city concept to major roads into an out of hot spots in the country. Use big data policing to get ahead of the threats; facial recognition body cameras when looking for suspects for example.

The Army should focus on sealing all the borders while the FC and Police work on keeping an eye out for the miscreants already in the country.

Last edited:
Is it even a slight possibility of entertaining the idea of building a specialized militia (more of a assassins) disguised as common local look alike something like we witnessed in the famous drama Dhawan to take out the terrorists in volatile regions...since they cannot hide with the assistance of locals...this is for operation near border with Afghanistan...
View attachment 742286
FC has its own spec wing called SOW.

FC has its own spec wing called SOW.
Sir, I reckon those are ONLY used for raiding the terrorist hideouts and or participate in surprise attacks etc but majority of our FC Jawaan targeted while they were in their check-posts, standing guard near the border or doing regular patrolling in pickup trucks like below. With these types of trucks FC Jawaans are just sitting ducks when targeted from mountains and btw forget the impact of an IED hidden on a road...armored vehicles need to be introduced as many have suggested...
1620627819815.png

Sir, I reckon those are ONLY used for raiding the terrorist hideouts and or participate in surprise attacks etc but majority of our FC Jawaan targeted while they were in their check-posts, standing guard near the border or doing regular patrolling in pickup trucks like below. With these types of trucks FC Jawaans are just sitting ducks when targeted from mountains and btw forget the impact of an IED hidden on a road...armored vehicles need to be introduced as many have suggested...
View attachment 742312
FC can have MRAPs but attacks wont stop. whats the solution ?

View attachment 742312
Hardening the outposts and border posts as well as equipping the forces with armored vehicles is a must. All vehicles should be at least be able to withstand small arms fire. Each base also needs a shotspotter system to detect where gun fire is originating from to help minimize civilian casualties while being able to quickly respond to an attack and not let the enemy get away.

Last edited:
FC can have MRAPs but attacks wont stop. whats the solution ?
OK from technological standpoint there are "Infrasound sensing devices" in the market which can:

1. Detect a hostile fire within a specified radius
2. Detect the exact direction the hostile fire is originated

There are other additional specifications which I don't remember on top of my head at this time but definitely dig it through and post it.

No FC Jawaan should be just standing guarding the fence they should be behind well hardened outposts. There MUST be new ways of guarding the border fences from a distance with Infrared and night vision cameras etc (I have to do a little research on that too as well).

Oh I totally forgot to congratulate every one on yum e azaadi (i.e. 27th Ramazan ul mubarak) :pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom