What's new

3 Chinese navy ships visit Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should say you are quite reasonable on this point, and I also mentioned that Vietnam has long been treated as a comrade brother of China in spite of some unhappy memories in our education system and media. What we learned more about Vietnam is the age of cooperation but not the confrontation. It is some extremists' words in this forum that changed my viewpoint drastically towards this country and her people.
Back to your topic, the problems on the floor now are mostly coming from the complicated history of modern China, not a single government is able to take the responsibility of losing control of its territory that has been claimed for years, especially some areas like SCS that are of crucial strategical importance to China's national interest. It's quite understandable that conflicts arises when several interests are overlapping, it's decided by the geographical factors that cannot be changed. I agree with you that it's not likely to be a perfect solution of these problems in SCS in the visible future, especially as Vietnam now is going closely with US and Japan. Therefore, hope for the best and plan for the worst, let's see where we are leaded to.
Personally I won´t go so far to say China is our enemy, so most of Vietnamese. We are just wary of China and its policy. In fact, it is stupid to make China as enemy, considering the unbalance of power. As I said before, Vietnam as a whole always wants a good relationship with China, but it proves as impossible in the reality, because Vietnam follows many foreign policies which are in conflict with China.

Learn from your fellow brother "Viet", say something using your brain and don't ever jump into some holes you digged for yourself. Well I know you might not easily accept, just take it as a suggestion. I won't mind fooling around but I am more willing to talk with reasonable ones with real good education background.
Ha ha, china atttacked on Vietnam 1979, 1984, 1988 and robbed our Islands, who you are ? dirty enemy.
China could only changed his master from Soviet to Uncle Sam, it's role of you in cold war. Idiot player.

our policy to protect our sovereignty and freedom, china robbed our islands such action is considered as crimie made by enemy.

I should say you are quite reasonable on this point, and I also mentioned that Vietnam has long been treated as a comrade brother of China in spite of some unhappy memories in our education system and media. What we learned more about Vietnam is the age of cooperation but not the confrontation. It is some extremists' words in this forum that changed my viewpoint drastically towards this country and her people.
Back to your topic, the problems on the floor now are mostly coming from the complicated history of modern China, not a single government is able to take the responsibility of losing control of its territory that has been claimed for years, especially some areas like SCS that are of crucial strategical importance to China's national interest. It's quite understandable that conflicts arises when several interests are overlapping, it's decided by the geographical factors that cannot be changed. I agree with you that it's not likely to be a perfect solution of these problems in SCS in the visible future, especially when Vietnam now is going closely with US and Japan. Therefore, hope for the best and plan for the worst, let's see where we are leaded to.

In the past when china said that " US is paper tiger", and said to Viets that " voluntarily help base on proletariat solidalite", china used Viets like black chess to fighting counter US until last Vietnamese. when china change his policy to side with Uncle Sam in cold war, the "camrade Viet" became useless, and then China shaked hands with US 1972 and robbed Paracel of Vietnam 1974 and backed Khmer Rouge to attack Vietnam from 1976-1979.
It was true story in the past.

So could you please tell me why you're shaking hands with US and Japan now? It's basically the same story after all, when you're trying to antagonize a big power you need to find an equally strong one to back you up. It is you yourself that chose to side with SU against China back at 60-70s when China broke up with SU, so stop blaming China for those phenomenons you observed that has no essential connections in reality.
In the past when china said that " US is paper tiger", and said to Viets that " voluntarily help base on proletariat solidalite", china used Viets like black chess to fighting counter US until last Vietnamese. when china change his policy to side with Uncle Sam in cold war, the "camrade Viet" became useless, and then China shaked hands with US 1972 and robbed Paracel of Vietnam 1974.
It was true story in the past.

Learn from your fellow brother "Viet", say something using your brain and don't ever jump into some holes you digged for yourself. Well I know you might not easily accept, just take it as a suggestion. I won't mind fooling around but I am more willing to talk with reasonable ones with real good education background.

You can read Global Time in China, it's reported that netizens in China 95% agreed to use force to rob our Islands. Only 5% denied it.

So could you please tell me why you're shaking hands with US and Japan now? It's basically the same story after all, when you're trying to antagonize a big power you need to find an equally strong one to back you up. It is you yourself that chose to side with SU against China back at 60-70s when China broke up with SU, so stop blaming China for those phenomenons you observed that has no essential connections in reality.

I wonder about you, why not ? When US and Japan belong to biggest partners of China. China can be big player, we do our game to protect ourself.

The problem is you think they're your islands while we think they are ours, it's a disputable area concerning more than five countries. So there's no reason to say who's gonna rob them from whose hands, it surely needs a great sense of political wisdom and the art of compromise, all of us. That's what a government supposed to do, seeks for the greatest common interest based on the current and prospective situation.
What you should bear in mind is that Vietnam is totally different from Japan in most of our Chinese' minds, if we are gonna choose an enemy to fight a war among you two, it surely will be Japan for those old blood debts with interests.
You can read Global Time in China, it's reported that netizens in China 95% agreed to use force to rob our Islands. Only 5% denied it.

Bingo, the reason I asked that question is exactly to illustrate the point following that. You are doing the same thing as China did years ago for basically the same reason, so no need to put your blame on China for those old stories any more.
I wonder about you, why not ? When US and Japan belong to biggest partners of China. China can be big player, we do our game to protect ourself.

Ask yourself this question, if a Vietnamese newspaper did a similar survey in Vietnam, what would be the result?

The problem is you think they're your islands while we think they are ours, it's a disputable area concerning more than five countries. So there's no reason to say who's gonna rob them from whose hands, it surely needs a great sense of political wisdom and the art of compromise, all of us. That's what a government supposed to do, seeks for the greatest common interest based on the current and prospective situation.
What you should bear in mind is that Vietnam is totally different from Japan in most of our Chinese' minds, if we are gonna choose an enemy to fight a war among you two, it surely will be Japan for those old blood debts with interests.

You lie and media in China brain washed Chinese people with such hilarious history evidences.
Islands belong to Vietnam, at least from five hundred year Le and Nguyen Dynasty in Vietnam and Man Quing Dynasty in China didn't had any trouble related to Island. 1898 Canton Governor stated that Island Paracel not belong to China then China didn't have responsibility about accident made by Chinese pirates in the area of Paracel.

Vietnam is totally different from Japan in relation with China, yes, it's true. Chinese people and Vietnamese people were humiliated by Westerners and Japan' nazists in the past. We both nation have been fought against them to regain independence and proud of the nation as independence states in the world. I can say polietly that both nation shared the same fate in the past.

Regretfully that when Westerners gone home, China's extremists believe that she is a big boy with heavy cast, China can take hegemony on Asia like what westerners did in the past and robbed Islands of Vietnam. With invasion 1979, China was same with old blood debts with Vietnamese people.

Bingo, the reason I asked that question is exactly to illustrate the point following that. You are doing the same thing as China did years ago for basically the same reason, so no need to put your blame on China for those old stories any more.

The difference is that China changed his policy in Cold War, attacked on Soviet Union 1969, stopped help to Vietnam 1968, to show of his trust to Uncle Sam, the result was 1972 Nixon dropped in Peking.
Today, Laos, Cambodia and recently Myanmar can open their politic, economic relations with all country in the world. They no need to learn from China, Vietnam or other.

Ask yourself this question, if a Vietnamese newspaper did a similar survey in Vietnam, what would be the result?

I can state that such survey is not permitted by governance authority, because it's simply violate our law and regulation, it's prohibited to do any thing if it can be be understood that there is propaganda for war.
But Global Time magazine English version of "Ren Min re pao" of CPC did it in China.

The difference is that China changed his policy in Cold War, attacked on Soviet Union 1969, stopped help to Vietnam 1968, to show of his trust to Uncle Sam, the result was 1972 Nixon dropped in Peking.
Today, Laos, Cambodia and recently Myanmar can open their politic, economic relations with all country in the world. They no need to learn from China, Vietnam or other.

The supply was stopped in 1978, not 1968, we were also very poor, meanwhile got sanctioned by both USA and USSR, thus the supply cannot be unlimited.

In 1969, USSR was the one who started to harass our fishermen, can't blame us for fighthing back.

In 1972, because the ungrateful flip-flop like you who turned the back on us for USSR, we had to find a solution to deal with the traitor like you and your master.

The supply was stopped in 1978, not 1968, we were also very poor, meanwhile got sanctioned by both USA and USSR, thus the supply cannot be unlimited.

In 1969, USSR was the one who started to harass our fishermen, can't blame us for fighthing back.

In 1972, because the ungrateful flip-flop like you who turned the back on us for USSR, we had to find a solution to deal with the traitor like you and your master.

1968 China withdrawal of his logistic from and began limited help to Vietnam when the war is getting hardly. The Chinese began to withdraw in November 1968. The Chinese also began financing the Khmer Rouge as a counterweight to the Vietnamese communists at this time. China's withdrawal from Vietnam was completed in July 1970.
Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1969, By March 1969, Sino-Russian border politics became the Sino-Soviet border conflict at the Ussuri River and on Damansky–Zhenbao Island;
Sino-Soviet split - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1972 Nixon visited Peking and Shanghai. The repercussions of the Nixon visit were vast, and included a significant shift in the Cold War balance, pitting the PRC with the U.S. against the Soviet Union. "Nixon going to China" has since become a metaphor for an unexpected or uncharacteristic action by a politician. Vietnam was neutral in debate of Soviet and China, who is true Communist ? :argh:.
1972 Nixon visit to China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can state that such survey is not permitted by governance authority, because it's simply violate our law and regulation, it's prohibited to do any thing if it can be be understood that there is propaganda for war.
But Global Time magazine English version of "Ren Min re pao" of CPC did it in China.
"Ren Min re pao" is not Global Time. Or you mean both of them did the survey?
So you think that because the newspaper did a survey means that it is a Chinese policy or that China is using internet survey to decide a policy?
I think you are reading way too much into the survey. There might be a possibility that China is using this survey to warn Vietnam for something that China cannot officially protest. Other than that, it is just a survey.
You have to understand that China is changing, just like Vietnam is changing. The media control go like pendulum, one day it become loose, one day it become tighten. But the general direction is becoming slowly looser than before.
Do you know that there is a virtual ban on any mentioning of the 1979 war in Chinese media? Chinese government does not want the people to people relationship between the two country to go out of control. If one day you see that changed in the Chinese media, only then you should be worry of a worsening of relation between the two country.
As I understand it, the Vietnamese government also has limit the scale of the anti-Chinese protest. So I think Vietnamese government also don't want the people to people relationship to go out of control.

As I understand it, the Vietnamese government also has limit the scale of the anti-Chinese protest. So I think Vietnamese government also don't want the people to people relationship to go out of control.

Actually the Vietnamese government is very pragmatic when it comes to China. It acts soft and tough at the same moment. It only allows limited anti China protest in time and size.

About public protests in Vietnam: there is a huge difference between protesters in Vietnam and China. You will never see violent protesters in Vietnam and overseas, and you will never see rioters against Chinese citizens or their properties, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom