What's new

2nd Semi Final: AUS vs ENG

@Microsoft

India and Australia were the top two teams on the points table. India lost only one match in the league stages and Australia lost two. England and NZ each lost three. India and Aus were the favourites for this world cup until these Semi Finals.

Does that make a difference? India was too reliant on top order, besides kohli and sharma India is an ordinary team.

@Microsoft

India and Australia were the top two teams on the points table. India lost only one match in the league stages and Australia lost two. England and NZ each lost three. India and Aus were the favourites for this world cup until these Semi Finals.

No it was England and India who are top ranked (1 and 2 even now) and came in hot favorites from the start. England just hiccuped against Sri Lanka. The Aussie team has a major flaw, their fifth bowler, which neither England nor India had. India became less favorite when their top 3 got 3 runs and the middle order got exposed quick.

@Microsoft

Winning more league matches dont make you favourite . knockout stage bring different pressure and test . India is playing bad in knockout matches if you just look at results of last few international tournaments. If winning more matches matter then Pakistan also did not win 92 WC and its same story for England or NZ in this world cup

So Pakistan end up beating both the finalists in previous matches yet were not able to qualify for the semis. Strange team Pakistan is.

Eng is way solid and balance team... This is their WC to be taking. Key for NZ will be taking Eng openers out cheaply just like against India which is heavily dependent upon Rohit and Kohli.

England!!!!!!

No harm Aussie land losing to big brother :p:

So, the two best teams of the tournament, India and Australia are out in the Semis. Such is this game. All depends on the day. Stats be damned.

Supporting Kiwis in the final against England. England, however, is the better side easily and should win. NZ has had a lot of luck in this tournament. That luck might take them through.
Have you been following cricket of late? Eng is no 1 odi team and it beat even india last year...india is the second best...australia saw its resurgence only in the past 6 months..it was never the best team going into the WC...England truly deserves the cup...they needed to win against NZ and india to be in semis ;they showed excellent character and defeated those teams and now they are in finals by drubbing aus, one of the good sides of thw tournament

Does that make a difference? India was too reliant on top order, besides kohli and sharma India is an ordinary team.

Yes, it matters. The points table was after each team playing 9 matches. That gives a better idea about the consistency of a team's performance. Of course knockouts work differently, but they don't always tell you which team is overall better.

England also depends heavily on Jason Roy and Bairstow.

Have you been following cricket of late? Eng is no 1 odi team and it beat even india last year...india is the second best...australia saw its resurgence only in the past 6 months..it was never the best team going into the WC...England truly deserves the cup...they needed to win against NZ and india to be in semis ;they showed excellent character and defeated those teams and now they are in finals by drubbing aus, one of the good sides of thw tournament

I understand that England were the favourites going into this tournament but that is not what I am talking about. I am clearly talking about who were the favourites going into the Semi Finals on the basis of the performance in the league stage.

I understand that England were the favourites going into this tournament but that is not what I am talking about. I am clearly talking about who were the favourites going into the Semi Finals on the basis of the performance in the league stage.
Ok

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom