What's new

$278m AWACS deal struck with China

Hi,
why doesnt PAF choose SAAB Embraer its pretty fast, i think they should have selected for ERIEYE as well instead of SAAB 2000

Hi,
why doesnt PAF choose SAAB Embraer its pretty fast, i think they should have selected for ERIEYE as well instead of SAAB 2000

yes its fast but countery like our we should look for economy too.
turboprob are most economical engine. As AWACS has to remain in air for long time there for turbojet engine use more fule than turboprob.
i think thats why paf select sab2000

well the good thing is we going to have more awacs to cover our air space from east to wes n south we have no danbgour in north because china is in north

Hi,

It is just Embraer and not Saab Embraer. The former is a Brazilian firm whilst the latter is a Swedish firm. The IAF has ordered the Embraer ERJ-145 as its platform for the indigenously developed AWACS.:cheers:

Hi,
DSC_3350_360_212.jpg

Firstly, Embraer is not from SAAB but its a Brazillian aircraft.

Secondly, going with Embraer was costing a lot of time, meaning that the platform wouldn't have been available soon and PAF wanted it sooner. That was the primary factor we didn't go for Embraer.

Firstly, Embraer is not from SAAB but its a Brazillian aircraft.

Secondly, going with Embraer was costing a lot of time, meaning that the platform wouldn't have been available soon and PAF wanted it sooner. That was the primary factor we didn't go for Embraer.
Hi
Thanks for correction & for info!

Pakistan wanted avionics for JF-17 from France. This makes people believe that the confidence on China is low when it comes to avionics. One of the main components of avionics is the communication and navigation sub systems.

On the other hand the avionics is at the very heart of any AWACS platform and Pakistan rely on China for providing the same. Can anyone please help me understand this dichotomy ?

:coffee:

Pakistan wanted avionics for JF-17 from France. This makes people believe that the confidence on China is low when it comes to avionics. One of the main components of avionics is the communication and navigation sub systems.

On the other hand the avionics is at the very heart of any AWACS platform and Pakistan rely on China for providing the same. Can anyone please help me understand this dichotomy ?

:coffee:
Hi
i think what PAF wanted was avionics along with Radars & MICA, so it makes sense, as having diversity would have reflected other capabilities of JF-17thunder, which is good if you want to export a jet, countries appreciate versatility, especially if u can integrate your choice of avionics, weapons, radars etc.
As for AWACS i believe Pakistan had purchased EYRIE from Sweden without any TOT, so to be on the safe side, to be able to with stand during sanctions and have an indigenous platform. Pakistan entered into AWACS programme with China.

Hi
i think what PAF wanted was avionics along with Radars & MICA, so it makes sense, as having diversity would have reflected other capabilities of JF-17thunder, which is good if you want to export a jet, countries appreciate versatility, especially if u can integrate your choice of avionics, weapons, radars etc.
As for AWACS i believe Pakistan had purchased EYRIE from Sweden without any TOT, so to be on the safe side, to be able to with stand during sanctions and have an indigenous platform. Pakistan entered into AWACS programme with China.

Thanks for your reply. I agree, valid point about Radars and MICA. Not sure why you call the AWACS as indigenous. Looks like DRDO is having a big influence on Pakistan. :azn:
:cheers:

Thanks for your reply. I agree, valid point about Radars and MICA. Not sure why you call the AWACS as indigenous. Looks like DRDO is having a big influence on Pakistan. :azn:
:cheers:

i dun thnk so anyone of us here called the AWACS as indigenous ...we always call it a joint venture b/w China and Pakistan

i dun thnk so anyone of us here called the AWACS as indigenous ...we always call it a joint venture b/w China and Pakistan

Thanks for the Pics ... eye catching ...

I was referring to Peregrine's message...

Back
Top Bottom