What's new

$278m AWACS deal struck with China

alright what are we gonna get KJ-200 or KJ-2000

and can any body compare them in term of service they provide???

I think Pakistan needs to follow up on this deal and acquire 18 to 36 J-11 Air Superiority Fighter to guard the AWACS and also 20-30 HQ-9 High Altitude Missile Batteries to neutralize the threat from Indian Fighters.

Its all good that we have the radars to spot Indian Fighters but we also need to shoot them down and guard our AWACS.

So HQ-9 or any other high altitude missile system along with Air Superiority Fighters must be next on Pakistani Weapon Acquisitions.

PAKISTAN-CHINA FRIENDSHIP ROCKS!!!!!

They always come to rescue unlike Americans.......who only come when they need to use PAKISTAN!!!!

i believe this new deal is aditional to 4 AEW&C we are getting under JV from china, this new 278 million dollars deal is most likely to be KJ-2000 with different platform.
my logic is 278 million dollars is not enough for 4 AEWC, and the prise range suites 1-2 KJ-2000 AWACS.

Nope, this deal is the same 4 AWACS deal which has been discussed earlier. The radars will be mounted on a Y-8 aircraft and the system is designated as KJ-200. The KJ-2000 uses a different larger radar mounted on an IL-76 platform and is not being purchased by the PAF.

Nope, this deal is the same 4 AWACS deal which has been discussed earlier. The radars will be mounted on a Y-8 aircraft and the system is designated as KJ-200. The KJ-2000 uses a different larger radar mounted on an IL-76 platform and is not being purchased by the PAF.

Right. I heard China is discontinuing KJ2000 since problems in procurement of Il-76 aircrafts from Russia. KJ200 is a smaller version based on Y-8 (Chinese copy of An12) platform.

woooow man for this news my ears waited for 5 long years mashahallah we got what we wanted i hope it would be KJ 2000 system not the Y8

woooow man for this news my ears waited for 5 long years mashahallah we got what we wanted i hope it would be KJ 2000 system not the Y8

Y-8 is platform not the system even KJ-2000 system can be mounted on y-8 platform

Y-8 is platform not the system even KJ-2000 system can be mounted on y-8 platform

no way:no:,kj-2000 is large. a much similar system to kj-2000's is mounted on y8 platform but small in size.

no you are wrong the system is designated as ZDK-03 and it is based on y-8F600 platform

Y-8F600 is a newest civilian transport variant with a redesigned fuselage, Pratt and Whitney turboprop engines, an Electronic Flight Instrument System "glass cockpit", and a two-person crew.

no you are wrong the system is designated as ZDK-03 and it is based on y-8F600 platform

Y-8F600 is a newest civilian transport variant with a redesigned fuselage, Pratt and Whitney turboprop engines, an Electronic Flight Instrument System "glass cockpit", and a two-person crew.

u must be talking about this one mani...

or with radar similar to kj-2000

both will look good in PAf colors.:pakistan:

people want to see this

but in reality this is the PAF choice

which is this one,powered by new improved engines.
kj200-3.jpg

danger-zone

i personally like il-76 (AWAC based version is beriev A-50) platform as it looks more cool rather than y-8 which looks quite ordinary aircraft (um just talking about the platform not the system)

but in any case it will boost Paf's capability

Back
Top Bottom