What's new

$278m AWACS deal struck with China

i believe this new deal is aditional to 4 AEW&C we are getting under JV from china, this new 278 million dollars deal is most likely to be KJ-2000 with different platform.
my logic is 278 million dollars is not enough for 4 AEWC, and the prise range suites 1-2 KJ-2000 AWACS.

pakistan will now be owning two separate awac systems one western and one chinese how do u think paf will hook it up? wont it be a technological problem? can anyone clarify?

Y8 AWACS (AWACS)

kj200 (AWE&C)

Do you know the difference between them?

:sniper::mod:

PHP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangrong  
kj-2000 radar is different "xiao pan zi" radar。They belong to different companies 

any info about radar performance diff?

they might be diff in performance but basic design is same.

PHP Code:
 radar antenna does not rotate. Instead, three electronically steered phased-array (ESA) antenna modules are placed in a triangular configuration inside the round radome to provide a 360 degree coverage.

so which radar i was taking?:what:
Kj-2000 & xiao pan zi.

i am interested in knowing y-8 AWACS performance. so if u dont know its ok. :enjoy:

but its great news so
:cheers: :china: :pakistan:

Pakistan only few countries in the world who operate two different systems at a time. Chinese system is for only Pak-China military use and rest is for NATO use. AWAC is linked with JF17 and F20s, and rest. While others like F16 are linked with PC Orion , Sewdish AWAC and if Pak get E3.

According to Usman Shabbir on PakDef, this deal is for 4 KJ-200 AEW&C and will be designated as ZDK03 in PAF. The platform has not been confirmed, H Khan said that A320 is being considered, though I hope we use ERJ-145 or Saab-2000.

The “Gaoxin 5” project is an airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft equipped with a linear-shape active electronically steered array (AESA) radar similar to the Swedish Ericsson PS-890 Erieye. The development programme possibly began in the late 1990s, with a prototype based on the Y-8F200 airframe first flying in November 2001. A second prototype based on the newer Y-8F600 airframe first flew in January 2005, but was lost during an air crash on 4 June 2006.

In October 2004, a Y-8F200 turboprop transport aircraft was spotted undergoing modification to be fitted with a linear-shape ESA-type airborne early warning radar at Shaanxi. Later it was revealed that the AEW&C aircraft programme had been in development since the late 1990s, in parallel with the KJ-2000/A-50I AWACS development project at Xi’an Aircraft Corporation (XAC). With the larger, more sophisticated KJ-2000 performing long-range, comprehensive aerial patrolling and control roles, the smaller KJ-200/Y-8 AEW can provide a less expensive platform for tactical AEW and electronic intelligence roles.

The KJ-200 AEW system is based on the Y-8F600 platform, which is also known as “Category-III Platform”. (The Category-I and -II platforms refer to the non-pressurised basic variant Y-8 and pressurised Y-8C respectively) The aircraft is fitted with Western avionics for improved performance. The development of the airframe has been carried out jointly by Shaanxi Aircraft Industry (Group) Co. and the Antonov Design Bureau of Ukraine. Improvements on Y-8F600 include:

* A two-man cockpit fitted with modernised avionics including U.S. Honeywell navigation system
* Removal of the ‘glass-in’ nose to provide additional space for mission equipment
* Four Pratt and Whitney Canada PW150B turboprop engines with British Dodi R-408 six-blade propellers
* Increased take-off weight and range
* Mission equipment pods on wingtips, vertical fin tip and nose

Chinese state-run Xinhua News Agency reported on Sunday 4 June 2006 that a military plane carrying 40 people was lost in the eastern province of Anhui and no survivor was found. The accident happened at about 16:00 Beijing Time (08:00 GMT) on Saturday near the village of Yaocun, in Guangde county. The plane's body hit bamboo forest and its tail fell in fields. Chinese president Hu Jintao has expressed deep condolences over the loss of lives and ordered a full investigation into the cause of the accident.

Although the report did not reveal the detailed model of the plane or the identities of the people onboard, it was later revealed that the plane was in fact the only example of the Y-8F600-based KJ-200 AEW&C aircraft. The aircraft was undergoing system testing when the accident happened. The 40 personnel onboard were from the PLAAF and Nanjing-based 14th Electronic Institute, which was responsible for the development of the ESA radar and avionics systems. The accident also caused a major setback in the KJ-200/”Gaoxin 5” project due to the lost of test data and key personnel involved in the project.

Thats sweet. The report doesn't mention how many tho. How many are we getting? Does it come with the plane or do we have to use one of our own?

Thats sweet. The report doesn't mention how many tho. How many are we getting? Does it come with the plane or do we have to use one of our own?

Oh sorry, I see its coming with the platform. Apparently the last post had the picture as well. :p New to the forum so gotta get use to the tricks here.

What about the SAAB ones? aren't we getting 5 of those?

Right now I'm not sure whether it is KJ-2000 or 200, conflicting reports are abundant right now.

Deal is for 4 KJ-200, will be used on a Chinese platform:

Source is Usman Shabbir on PakDef.

KJ 2000 WE'LL BE GETING THEM UNDER THE NAME

Harbin ZDK03

PAKISTAN ORDERED 6 OF THESE BABY'S

:pakistan::cheers::china:

ZDK03 is KJ-200, and Pakistan only ordered 4.

as far as I know Pakistan and China signed a AWAC cooperation program(like JF-17) few years ago,anyone know if this deal is included in that program?

KJ-200

:pakistan::china::guns::sniper:

Chinese offer was "Y8 AWACS "not KJ-200.

"Y8 AWACS "

August AFM has PAF Chief's interview
it says that by 2015 PAF will get 4 Y-8 based AWACS using a razor instead of a dish or something like that, which basically means the KJ-200 balance beam rather than the Y-8 dish based AWACS

Back
Top Bottom