What's new

$278m AWACS deal struck with China

Hi, to answer you question, propeller driven planes consume less fuel and can loiter more efficiently. Their cost to operate is cheaper that a jet. Please look at the Airbus A400, it is turboprop. However, I agree with you in that a damn propeller driven AWACS is just ugly!!!! Get a jet please!

Is the chinese awacs n swedish one compatible with each other? and will our fighter jets be having datalinkin facility wid both the awacs without any alteration to their systems for example if F-16 is having data linkin with saab can it at the same time link up with the chinese awacs ....

Hi, to answer you question, propeller driven planes consume less fuel and can loiter more efficiently. Their cost to operate is cheaper that a jet. Please look at the Airbus A400, it is turboprop. However, I agree with you in that a damn propeller driven AWACS is just ugly!!!! Get a jet please!
Hi
exactly my concern, Pakistan should have some Jet engine platforms as well, i don't know what is wrong with policy makers in Pakistan, they just stick to one thing & keep on sticking with it for ages, No jet engines for AWACS, no twin engine fighter jets etc
I don't think fuel consumption is much of an issue here, after all i have seen those massive V Vip motorcades, spoiled brats showing off on government vehicles. lol

I don't think fuel consumption is much of an issue here, after all i have seen those massive V Vip motorcades, spoiled brats showing off on government vehicles. lol

because they are government officials thats the difference b/w them and others and dun forget thats not a minor difference they will make u work hard for everythng even thn they will not give u all but on the other hand they are getting everythng by just sitting in their Air conditioned rooms

Is the chinese awacs n swedish one compatible with each other? and will our fighter jets be having datalinkin facility wid both the awacs without any alteration to their systems for example if F-16 is having data linkin with saab can it at the same time link up with the chinese awacs ....

As far as i remember, the F-16's are not compatible with the Chinese AWACS systems. Not sure about whether the JF-17 and J-10 would be compatible with the Erieye. Any inputs on this front would be appreciated. :cheers:

As far as i remember, the F-16's are not compatible with the Chinese AWACS systems. Not sure about whether the JF-17 and J-10 would be compatible with the Erieye. Any inputs on this front would be appreciated. :cheers:

F-16 and jf-17 are compatible with ERIEYE and both will be linked with Erieye where as j-10 will b compatible with Chinese AWACS and they will b linked with them

F-16 and jf-17 are compatible with ERIEYE and both will be linked with Erieye where as j-10 will b compatible with Chinese AWACS and they will b linked with them

hmmm this will be a problem having only some planes compatible

I dont think so, there wouldnt be a point purchasing different AWACS for different fighter jets. From what i understand, PAF is heading towards a netcentric force where all assets are integerated with each other.

initially AWACS will be used as ground controller systems just in the air later they would try to link the systems.

It is not a problem, the chain of command of PLZ-45 can be compatible with the self-propelled artillery of NATO in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait,not to mention the AWACS.
12381378.jpg

Pakistan wanted avionics for JF-17 from France. This makes people believe that the confidence on China is low when it comes to avionics. One of the main components of avionics is the communication and navigation sub systems.

On the other hand the avionics is at the very heart of any AWACS platform and Pakistan rely on China for providing the same. Can anyone please help me understand this dichotomy ?

:coffee:

1) How will Pakistan be able to maintain relations with its European suppliers if it invested all of its aviation budgets on China?

2) It's not that China is impotent on avionics but the whole soviet bloc (including India). Avionics is the only component of fighter jets that Europe has that is state of the art, compared to the United States. China needs western avionics, and Pakistan is the middleman for it. China actually did not offer much avionics, nor has Pakistan denied China any. Goes to show what the 2 are plotting...

Pakistan has

a) 192 Mirage compatible with Erie Eye , French Avionics
b) 80 F16 compatible with Erie Eye
c) 190 F-7 with upgraded avionics compatible with Erie Eye

18 + JF17 thunder compatible with Erie Eye/Chinese Awacs
J10b compatible with Chinese Awacs

The main job for our AWACs is to spot enemy's evil intentions with in 2 minutes

The days when China needed Europe are gone the world buys Chinese equipment now

Back
Top Bottom